Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭boccy23

Deal done. Nice to get that out of the way. I haven't read the expert opinion, but from what I saw, it was a good deal for both sides. Impressed with OBJ not making a circus about it this season, new HC and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Looks like one of Lauletta or Webb are being traded. A few of the best writers are saying they've heard stories and it is the only thing that makes keeping four QBs in the 53 make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭wawaman

Davis Webb traded and 6 picked up off waivers. Very surprised they let Webb go

wawaman wrote: »
    Davis Webb traded and 6 picked up off waivers. Very surprised they let Webb go

What did we get back?

boccy23 wrote: »
    What did we get back?

Apologies he was waived not traded

• Advertisement

Erik flowers is still a giant ...somehow

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Erik flowers is still a giant ...somehow

I was just about to say, 2 snaps in and he's just as useless at rt!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

2 major plays from our D to bail out that clown Flowers

The more things change, the more they stay the same

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Not putting OBJ out for that punt return was baffling. They way it ended just makes that decision worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Clay should be cut immediately

You have one job which is to catch the punt

Can't do that bye bye

Ducking ridiculous Giants way to lose a game

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Clay should be cut immediately

You have one job which is to catch the punt

Can't do that bye bye

Ducking ridiculous Giants way to lose a game

If u take the Barkley td out of it, that could have been any game last year on offense

True

Some of the drops were very frustrating

I don't think we are that far off doing something good, there was glimpses there. We really shot ourselves in the foot sometimes, giving up some silly penalties and some drops and constantly leaving ourselves in 3rd and long. We'll rarely face a defense as good as that again for the rest of the season and it's only week one in a new offense so still plenty of time to improve

Well that was another disaster

So much for out do called new O

Feels somewhere near rock bottom but I think we have more downwards travels yet!

Surely its worth trying Lauletta at this stage?

boccy23 wrote: »
    Feels somewhere near rock bottom but I think we have more downwards travels yet!

Surely its worth trying Lauletta at this stage?

We are poor (putting it politely) and have a tough schedule ahead but putting lauletta in at 0-2 is throwing the season away. We may (more than likely) get worse but we have to see how it shakes out until the bye at least

We are poor (putting it politely) and have a tough schedule ahead but putting lauletta in at 0-2 is throwing the season away. We may (more than likely) get worse but we have to see how it shakes out until the bye at least

I know, Probably being a bit provocative, but watching the highlights (sic!), Eli looks done.

Did you see the screenshot of his face??

Can't see the benefit of changing QB at this stage but wouldn't be opposed to a change later on in the year

Very few QB could be successful with that much pressure

Our Oline is a mess

Even when run blocking they couldn't get the job done

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

As A Browns fan I haven’t got much to gloat about, but, I still cannot believe the Giants passed on Darnold & Rosen to pick a 200lbs+ running back with the second pick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

gstack166 wrote: »
    As A Browns fan I haven’t got much to gloat about, but, I still cannot believe the Giants passed on Darnold & Rosen to pick a 200lbs+ running back with the second pick.

It was crazy then and crazy now. Barkley is a great talent and he'll pull off some highlight reel runs this year, but even ignoring the general value of the pick a top end RB is pretty useless in the bigger picture when you have a poor OL and a QB that is falling off a cliff. It is painful seeing them waste that offensive talent (especially having OBJ in fantasy).

Only positive is that Barkley hasn't even given them an uptick to the point that it will stop them being an early 2019 pick, they might be able to get a QB then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Halapio done for the season.. Broken ankle

A 7th Rounder for Jones isn't looking great right now but hindsight and all that jazz

A 7th Rounder for Jones isn't looking great right now but hindsight and all that jazz

I wasn't a fan of the Jones move at all as I didn't rate Halapio in the first place. Even after all the money and draft picks spent our line is still dreadful. It's the thing that is going to hold us back this season, yet again. I know Eli is probably passed it as well but he really isn't being given much help. We need to get 3 linemen at least which isn't easily done

Interesting seeing Russell Wilson run for his life as well last night

Not looking forward to seeing what the Bears will do to us in December

Interesting seeing Russell Wilson run for his life as well last night

Not looking forward to seeing what the Bears will do to us in December

I doubt it will matter that much then. Playoffs will be a distant dream at that stage ! :(

That's true unfortunately

Flowers benched for Wheeler apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Can't be worse, I suppose?

• Advertisement

Just got it done in the end. Missed the 2nd half due to TV issues but 1st half was a good performance. Better o line performance, and we moved the ball well. Defence showed up too. Sounds like we struggled a bit in the 2nd but clutch drive when needed to make it too much for the texans

Advertisement