Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

He's visiting the Redskins

I didn't realize he had just one pass defensed and no interceptions

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

We just traded JPP and a 2018 4th RD pick to the Bucs for a 2018 3rd and 4th RD pick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

We just traded JPP and a 2018 4th RD pick to the Bucs for a 2018 3rd and 4th RD pick

Thats a very odd one i have to say. Unless we are really big on Chubb

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I'm not that upset by it. His contract was dreadful, especially if we are moving to a 3-4, as expected. Vernon will play that OLB edge role that JPP is suited for, and OV is the better player.

Ah, balls.

https://twitter.com/spotrac/status/976823074489237504?s=21

Must be to clear space for OBJ and Collins next year?

• Advertisement

Basically like an NBA trade

Salary for pick

No real relief this year but frees up money for OBJ and Collins

We're prob going to more 3-4 this year so JPP might not of fit long term

We now have 2 Of The top 5 picks in round 3

Hopefully Jerry reach has taken the 3rd round hoodoo with him

Might also help trading back up into round 2

Knex. wrote: »
    Ah, balls.

https://twitter.com/spotrac/status/976823074489237504?s=21

Must be to clear space for OBJ and Collins next year?

Yeah it looks like only a $2.5m saving this year but $19.5m in 2019. Also of the 45 players that the Giants drafted between 08-13, not one remains on the roster.

Dwayne Harris has also been released.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Little bit disappointed that we didn't get a 2nd for JPP but not upset about losing him to be honest. He was due something like $27 million over the next 2 years after this so not a bad move.

Think the OBJ situation could get really interesting, he can forget about a deal this off-season, he needs to ball out this year.

I think we drop out of 2 at this point, the Bills for 12 & 22 with a few other bits and pieces would be ok.

We’re not really going to trade OBJ are we?

• Advertisement

wawaman wrote:
    We’re not really going to trade OBJ are we?

Mara just made a statement saying he doesn't want to get rid of him.. He "wants him to be a giant"

Brandon Marshall has been released. Dez?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭miocicmma

I think it's a great move for the giants.

Think about the offensive options manning could have next season, Saquon Barkley, Evan Engram, OBJ and Dez Bryant, etc

Mayock has us taking Barkley

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000928583/article/mike-mayocks-2018-nfl-mock-draft-bills-trade-up-for-josh-allen

Who do ye want?

I'd be happy with Darnold, Chubb and Barkley

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭boccy23

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Mayock has us taking Barkley

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000928583/article/mike-mayocks-2018-nfl-mock-draft-bills-trade-up-for-josh-allen

Who do ye want?

I'd be happy with Darnold, Chubb and Barkley

Everyone seems to have us pegged for Barkley now. I don't know about that. Very high for an RB. I think that Guice or Michel could be nearly as good and a lot cheaper. Pity there is no high end tackle available.

Chubb for me.

I'm afraid that Chubb will be a Robert Ayers type player, who excels against the run but lacks the elite bend to constantly get to the passer. His 3 cone time scares me a little.

That said, Brian Orakpo was similar and he managed fine with his bull rush, but at number 2, you'd still want a better return than that. I don't see Von Miller or Mack, but I could be wrong.

Rosen, Darnold or trade down for me. Rosen scares me a bit with his lack of mobility coupled with his injury record, would be the only thing.

I'd love to trade with the Broncos and see what way the board is at 5. Missing on Barkley there with him going to Cleveland at 4 wouldn't be the end of the world to me when you'd still have Nelson, Chubb and some QBs there. Least you'd have gained some picks and still get a potentially elite player.

Not taking a QB at 2 seems totally daft to me tbh, so if you don't want to, trade.

Gettleman might surprise us all.. Who knows..

I would like to see NY take Barkley but I think there is a strong possibility they take Chubb. Excited to see what happens tonight.

I'm afraid that Chubb will be a Robert Ayers type player, who excels against the run but lacks the elite bend to constantly get to the passer. His 3 cone time scares me a little.

That said, Brian Orakpo was similar and he managed fine with his bull rush, but at number 2, you'd still want a better return than that. I don't see Von Miller or Mack, but I could be wrong.

Rosen, Darnold or trade down for me. Rosen scares me a bit with his lack of mobility coupled with his injury record, would be the only thing.

I'd love to trade with the Broncos and see what way the board is at 5. Missing on Barkley there with him going to Cleveland at 4 wouldn't be the end of the world to me when you'd still have Nelson, Chubb and some QBs there. Least you'd have gained some picks and still get a potentially elite player.

Not taking a QB at 2 seems totally daft to me tbh, so if you don't want to, trade.
    I can't see The Giants going for a QB, Even if The Browns take Mayfield No.1 It will be tempting to take Darnold but I think it will be either Barkley or Chubb

• Advertisement

boccy23 wrote: »
    Everyone seems to have us pegged for Barkley now. I don't know about that. Very high for an RB. I think that Guice or Michel could be nearly as good and a lot cheaper. Pity there is no high end tackle available.

Chubb for me.

It could very well be Chubb. You can take a DE early in the first round and still get a decent RB early in the 2nd. The same can't be said the other way around

The sexy pick is Barkley, Maybe the smart pick is Chubb, Only time will tell.

All the noise is that Giants won't go QB, and that worries me tbh. We've a chance to set the Franchise up for 10+ years here, and it should be taken.

I find it hard to believe that Shurmur can't turn one of Darnold, Rosen or Mayfield into an above average QB at the very least.

All the noise is that Giants won't go QB, and that worries me tbh. We've a chance to set the Franchise up for 10+ years here, and it should be taken.

I find it hard to believe that Shurmur can't turn one of Darnold, Rosen or Mayfield into an above average QB at the very least.

I get a feeling that maybe they have made a guarantee to Eli that they won't

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭tgdaly

We drafted Barkley after

Have to say I'm happy enough with the pick. I know people will talk about the value of going rb at 2, but he's possibly the best player in the draft, and I wasn't too sold on any of the qbs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭boccy23

Not sure what to say. Probably happy we have an impact player and I was never sold on the QBs. The comparison with Darnold across town will be a constant for Gettleman. If he turns out to be the next coming of Joe Namath and we passed him up, then it won't be great. And there is no way that Barkley is a 10 year starter. It is a short term drafting.
    I find it strange that Eli is being pegged now as having 2-3 years left when what we have all seen for the last 2+ years would indicate the opposite.
    As the draft went, the #2 position turned out to have lesser value that I would say it had in years gone by. With the way the QBs were drafted, I do think other teams didn't value them as high as some of the draftnicks did either.
    Today will tell far more about what direction we go. Would like to see us go OT with Brown (Okla) or Williams (UT) still there. Also Hernandez from UTEP. Or James Daniels as a Center.
    A bit of a random rant! I suppose time will tell.

Big opportunity in Round 2 for the Giants to improve their OL, Will Hernandez and Conor Williams are still there.

Hernández is the man

Gettleman loves his hog mollies

Must look up tape after the draft

He's a mauler. Delighted to have some nastiness on our line.

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Hernández is the man

Gentleman loves his hog mollies

Must look up tape after the draft

Will Hernandez is a great pick for The Giants, They are getting a 1st round worthy OL. More protection for Manning to pass, and more space for Barkley to run.

• Advertisement

Lorenzo Carter - happy with that.

6-foot-4, 82 inch wingspan, 4.5 40-yard dash, and a 10-foot-10-inch broad jump. If he fails, it won't be due to his athleticism.

He's actually a bit similar to Leonard Floyd who we were linked with before the Bears took him two years ago, and he was a first rounder.

Advertisement