Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meath GAA discussion thread

Options
1255256257258259261»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭rpurfield

A nice away trip and a good team in Navan would be great. And hopefully the neutral venue game not in Croker!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,671 ✭✭✭Xander10

Nice performance from the U20s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭rrs

Was Sean Emmanuel involved with the U20s this year? He looked decent on the Minor winning team in 21

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Excellent performance, second half particularly. Éamonn Armstrong was incredible throughout. He has some engine on him, up and down the pitch for 60+ minutes and chipping in with 1-3 from half back. Jamie Murphy was equally excellent. His last point with the outside of the right boot was pure class.

Great that the successful minor team has carried the form through to the next level. Too often we've fallen flat at u20/21 level after excelling at minor level.

On the bench. rpurfield can probably confirm but I think he's still U20 next year as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭rrs

Armstrong had a brilliant game and probaly one of the youngest players on the field. Minor last year.

• Advertisement

Hammer I'm pretty sure Sean is in his last year of U20, he was over age when 20s moved to 19s in the county last year. Great display last night, obviously biased but Jamie Murphy is a talent. He slotted right in with our first team last year as one of the better players, great to see him perform on the big stage like that. Eamonn Armstrong is unreal too, I reffed him at minor and 19s last year and thought he was good but I honestly think he's gone up a level too. He has an incredible engine on him.

Kerry, Louth & Monaghan (assuming no shocks in the Munster and Leinster finals).

Outside chance at second and a great chance of at least getting third.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭enricoh

Never thought I'd see the day we get a decent draw. Our penance for 2010 must be over!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

From 2013 to 2018, every time we could draw Tyrone, we did. Our run in 2019 was pleasant enough though; Offaly, Carlow, Laois in Leinster, before the inevitable hammering from Dublin, but then drawing Clare in the qualifiers.

A good draw for Meath this time. It's amusing seeing people trying to straddle two stools of simultaneously claiming Louth will be heavy favourites against us, but they're are also confident that we can compete with Kerry.

Yeah its a decent draw, I wonder will Louth now nominate somewhere else as the home venue or will we get two games in Navan. I'm a little bit disappointed we didn't get an away with a bit of decent travel though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Cavan_King

Anyone hear any reports of a challenge between Meath & Cavan the other evening? I’m hearing Meath won but it was a heavily biased Meath man told me that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭enricoh

How the f@#k did we manage to lose that? Hard to believe the misses at the end there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭snowgal

heartbreaking for the u20s at the weekend, but we had so so many chances to draw and even win…hopefully we'll see a good crop of them coming through in the next few years…. anyone know when the dates and times will be announced for our games? I presume Louth will go with Iniskeen pitch? wonder will there be a struggle for tickets. Im looking at the gaa 3 for €50 offer at the mo..

U20s game was infuriating. But like at times with the seniors, we went too long at times between scores.

The ladies game was extremely disappointing. I thought that we'd put it up to Dublin given the number of changes compared to the previous week but we've evidently fallen far back in the pecking order.

Weird choice to play the Louth game in Inniskeen but it is Louth's choice I suppose. I'd say it'll likely be a sell out. Never been to Inniskeen but if it's anything like Scotstown where Monaghan used to play at times, the traffic is going to be an absolute disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭dobman88

Having gone to Kerry league games in Inniskeen, the stewards are top class. They divert you away from the village and have parking along the road near the pitch, operating a 1 way system, (bar the odd gobsh!te) and then after you just go through the village.

Its a great system that works well when the alternative would be complete chaos.

Happy to see Kerry playing in Navan too. Will be great having our away game on up the road.

Advertisement