Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterpiece / Masterpiece compatible Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

DBK wrote: »
    Well, the masterpiece line seems to follow the comic/cartoon closely. Now, if they went with the comic for Fort Max, he wasn't anywhere as near as big as the cartoon. The size was reversed with Metroplex (who was massive). So he'd probably be a little bigger than Prime. But honestly, I don't think they'll go with him. Powermaster Prime would be awesome compared to the brick we were given in G1. :)

http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/5/51/Brokenglass-autobotstorage.jpg

That's from the old Headmasters mini-series. When they debuted in the actual G-1 comic series they showed them enlarging Maximus to the about the same size as the cartoon.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Wow, I'll be honest I only want G1's as MP figures :(

I wouldn't mind some non G-1 figures later on. Once we have more of the iconic G-1 characters out. I'm not really interested in Armada/Energon/Cybertron Primes. They are still pretty recent and Armada's supermode Prime sucked and Energon prime just sucked in general. Cybertron Prime was the only one worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

I think he gets bigger and smaller depending on the artist, but he was only a little bigger than most of the leaders. Sure didn't Galvatron box the head off him, Mike Tyson style? :P

I think he gets bigger and smaller depending on the artist, but he was only a little bigger than most of the leaders. Sure didn't Galvatron box the head off him, Mike Tyson style? :P

Yeah G-1 was never good when it came to scale.If they're going to go with the later Spike/Cerebros/Maximus attempt I expect him to be huge.

Maybe if they did him, they would make Spike fit in the cab of Optimus and work from there. Would probably be the same size as the toy is now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Spike Witwicky

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Yeah G-1 was never good when it came to scale.If they're going to go with the later Spike/Cerebros/Maximus attempt I expect him to be huge.

Why thank you ;) :pac:

Regarding MP20, I would bet my left nut that it's going to be Jazz or Bumblebee.

I would say Jazz more so, seeing as we're getting Sideswipe/RedAlert, Prowl/Bluestreak/Smokescreen. Seems to be the bigger Autobot cars rather than Minibots

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

Bbts just listed mp20 wheeljack and mp21 bumblebee

Im shocked

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Spike Witwicky

wernstrom! wrote: »

Im shocked

Aww crap. Goodbye lefty, nice knowin ya :pac:

Im shocked

Wow.

http://tformers.com/transformers-mp-20-masterpiece-wheeljack-and/20434/news.html

I'm going to hazard a guess that MP-22 will Cliffjumper.

$80 for Bumblebee? Does this mean he [and the inevitable CliffJumper remold] going to to be the same size as Sideswipe and the other Car bots?

• Advertisement

$80 for Bumblebee? Does this mean he [and the inevitable CliffJumper remold] going to to be the same size as Sideswipe and the other Car bots?

Nope.

Equal chance BBTS just picked a number, or that TT are charging the same for less because they know they can.

So they're sticking with the really old school G1's. Great :) Funny how these guys are being released together seeing as they were the first transformers shown in the G1 cartoon.

Wonder if Wheeljack's side head panels will light up like they did when he spoke? :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

So they're sticking with the really old school G1's. Great :) Funny how these guys are being released together seeing as they were the first transformers shown in the G1 cartoon.

Wonder if Wheeljack's side head panels will light up like they did when he spoke? :)

I'm all over both figures.

Bumblebee...*squeeeee!!!!!*

Soldering LED's isn't that hard you know..... maybe get someone to cast his head in clear or translucent plastic.

Assuming all the above release info is true. There's an outside chance BBTS have had their collective legs pulled,

• Registered Users Posts: 31 GerHankey

Soldering LED's isn't that hard you know..... maybe get someone to cast his head in clear or translucent plastic.

Assuming all the above release info is true. There's an outside chance BBTS have had their collective legs pulled,

Good point, has there been any official word that its actually Wheeljack & BB for the next masterpieces? Bar the comment about a "hard to get license"?

Anybody want to guess what will be out next year after WJ,BB & G-2 SS? I wouldn't be surprised if we see:

SoundBlaster [Black Soundwave repaint]
    remaining Soundwave cassettecons
    Clampdown
    Deep Cover [now that we have Tiger Tracks they'll probably complete the E-Hobby Sideswipe repaints]
    CliffJumper [retool of Bumblebee
    Conehead seekers [I'm surprised they're not out already]

Who I hope they announce in the new year

New Megatron to be in scale with MP-10 Optimus [since guns are a no-no at the moment I would be happy with G-2 Tank Megatron]
    Galvatron [I've been expecting him since Rodimus came out. I wouldn't mind him first if they can't do Megatron]
    Ultra Magnus [proper Ultra Magnus not Whitewahsed Prime.]
    Jazz
    Sunstreaker

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Anybody want to guess what will be out next year after WJ,BB & G-2 SS? I wouldn't be surprised if we see:

SoundBlaster [Black Soundwave repaint]
    remaining Soundwave cassettecons
    Clampdown
    Deep Cover [now that we have Tiger Tracks they'll probably complete the E-Hobby Sideswipe repaints]
    CliffJumper [retool of Bumblebee
    Conehead seekers [I'm surprised they're not out already]

Who I hope they announce in the new year

New Megatron to be in scale with MP-10 Optimus [since guns are a no-no at the moment I would be happy with G-2 Tank Megatron]
    Galvatron [I've been expecting him since Rodimus came out. I wouldn't mind him first if they can't do Megatron]
    Ultra Magnus [proper Ultra Magnus not Whitewahsed Prime.]
    Jazz
    Sunstreaker

MP-5 is a horrible pile of junk so I'd welcome something better. If sunstreaker ever came out, I'd get 10.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    MP-5 is a horrible pile of junk so I'd welcome something better. If sunstreaker ever came out, I'd get 10.

I'll hold you to that. :D Sunstreaker is my fav but I aint goin to have a Machination collection of them :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

Is there a toys r us in Ireland?

There's a few up North, but I don't think there's one in ROI.

I've one at warehouse status with BBTS since last week, eagerly awaiting its arrival!

Jayd0g wrote: »
    There's a few up North, but I don't think there's one in ROI.

Thanks Jayd0g. I'll have to take a trip up North one of these days.

Thanks Jayd0g. I'll have to take a trip up North one of these days.

Wernstrom pointed me in the direction of the closest one before, I'll take a look and see if I can find it again. I popped in to one of there stores in London a while back, it wasn't too impressive to be honest.

Edit: Yup, it was Lisburn.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Much as I like an obscure reference, Masterpiece Acid Storm sure is fugly...

Oh, and TRU UK deliver here. So no need for the trip :)

Not every TRU UK branch stocked Masterpiece Optimus... might be the same for the above.

But the site does ship to Ireland.
    Galvasean wrote: »
    Much as I like an obscure reference, Masterpiece Acid Storm sure is fugly...

23h58pj.jpg

I'll still pick myself up an Acid Storm. I think it looks good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I said fugly! :P

Advertisement