Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterpiece / Masterpiece compatible Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

Galvasean wrote: »
    I said fugly! :P

We all know what the F is short for, and some mods feel the need to remove profanity... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭AxlF

Hi guys,
    First time poster on this thread:
    Just wondering if anyone else feels stung about the Hasbro release of Soundwave with 5 cassettes?
    I don't mind that I paid a lot more for the Takara Soundwave but it's the fact that I bought the Rumble/Ravage MP set for €60 2 months ago that is killing me.
    Might try pick up a set from TRU is they ever come back in stock, take out Buzzsaw and Eject and then sell it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

They haven't been in stock as of yet, that's just their pre-release link. Mid August is when it's due. Hopefully :)

I'm glad I held out on this one. The price for them separate was terrible. Especially for a masterpiece I wasn't 100% on to start with, even though Soundwave was one of my fav's.

AxlF wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    First time poster on this thread:
    Just wondering if anyone else feels stung about the Hasbro release of Soundwave with 5 cassettes?

Hasbro Masterpieces are always better value for money and a Hasbro version of Soundwave was inevitable.

I don't mind that I paid a lot more for the Takara Soundwave but it's the fact that I bought the Rumble/Ravage MP set for €60 2 months ago that is killing me.
    Might try pick up a set from TRU is they ever come back in stock, take out Buzzsaw and Eject and then sell it on.

Hasbro release of Soundwave with 5 tapes was definitely confirmed by two months ago... Heck, i think we even had a price by then.

Although the difference is partially mitigated, imo, by red eyes and a slightly better deco on Frenzy and Rumble.

(mine didn't come with Eject :?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Jayd0g wrote: »
    Wernstrom pointed me in the direction of the closest one before, I'll take a look and see if I can find it again. I popped in to one of there stores in London a while back, it wasn't too impressive to be honest.

Edit: Yup, it was Lisburn.

Thanks Wernstrom.

• Advertisement

Much as I like an obscure reference, Masterpiece Acid Storm sure is fugly...

They can only do so much with a Lime Green Seeker. There's still a Piss Yellow and a Purple one to complete the Rain Makers. I actually surprised we haven't gotten the Coneheads yet. That seemed like a no-brainer.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    They can only do so much with a Lime Green Seeker. There's still a Piss Yellow and a Purple one to complete the Rain Makers. I actually surprised we haven't gotten the Coneheads yet. That seemed like a no-brainer.

Tooling costs.

A new head is one thing. A new set of wings is more expensive, and that's three times over. The coneheads had no real personalities either, and it probably makes economic sense for TT to not touch them.

...and wasn't Dirge relegated to a mail in promo in Japan?

wernstrom! wrote: »
    Tooling costs.

A new head is one thing. A new set of wings is more expensive, and that's three times over. The coneheads had no real personalities either, and it probably makes economic sense for TT to not touch them.

...and wasn't Dirge relegated to a mail in promo in Japan?

That's true. I forgot they had different wing designs.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Did the 86 conhead toys not have the same heads as regular Seekers, but with the nose cone assembled in the 'up' position? Can masterpieces do that?

1) Did the 86 conhead toys not have the same heads as regular Seekers, but with the nose cone assembled in the 'up' position?
    2)Can masterpieces do that?

1) Yes...but if you leave the nose cone flipped up on the original seeker mold, it looks terrible.

2) Nope. On the Masterpiece mold the the head and nosecone are two separate pieces that never come into contact with each other, in different parts of the fuselage.

The iGear ones have fake nosecones molded on the heads, and in order to create the requisite clearance, the collar that was on the actual Masterpiece mold was instead moded into the airbrake assembly which lifts up during transofrmation.

(NB iGear 'borrowed' the design, including the collar/airbrake thing from a kitbasher...they claim an agreement was reached)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Any news on Toys R Us and the Soundwave MP? Still not in stock.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Any news on Toys R Us and the Soundwave MP? Still not in stock.

Not even in their warehouses last i heard.

Maybe we're left waiting because TRU US upped their order.

Personally...i'm absolutely furious that...

..*looks at toy shelf*

Eh nevermind.

(If you guys want to panic, don't let me stop you)

Acid Storm listing on TRU UK apparently changed to 'sold in stores'.

No change on Soundwave it seems.

Lads I'm waaaay late to the party. I can only get one Masterpiece so is it still possible to pick up a Prime anywhere? Preferably without the trailer....

Ok I guess that's a No then. I'm facing the prospect of paying €175 on eBay for the TRU Prime (with a trailer yes I crumbled).

It's still kicking about random TRU UK branches, last i heard...other than that, don't know TBH.

Acid Storm and Soundwave both spotted at retail.

All masterpieces on the toysrus.co.uk website down as in stock as some shape or form. Soundwave has now moved to sold in stores and OP and Acid storm available as reserve and collect. They had them in springfield a little while ago, probably still there. Give them a bell, they might have one. Only thing is they don't take payment over the phone so you'll have to drive up there for it. :(

DBK wrote: »
    All masterpieces on the toysrus.co.uk website down as in stock as some shape or form. Soundwave has now moved to sold in stores and OP and Acid storm available as reserve and collect. They had them in springfield a little while ago, probably still there. Give them a bell, they might have one. Only thing is they don't take payment over the phone so you'll have to drive up there for it. :(

Where is Springfield?

Just did an online check. Only available in Glasgow at the mo it seems. But call them anyhow, you never know :)

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Where is Springfield?

Lisburn. Springfield shopping centre.

I emailed TRU a few days ago and was told they have stock on order. Now the problem is some companies say this just in case.

Soundwave up for delivery. Says it doesn't deliver here but excepted the order, even though it says it delivers to the South? Anyhow, we'll see what happens. Might get a cancellation mail soon but received my order email.

Just ordered Soundwave from TRU online and having it delivered to ParcelMotel in Northern Ireland. It's then brought to Lucan for €3.50.
    I've used this method before with TRU and there has been no problem.
    You can register an Irish address with them but you have to use a bogus UK postal code like ZZ75 0AA.
    I just use Parcelmotel though because I was worried it'd sell out - I was trying to get Metroplex from them and it took ages to sort out the delivery address and then it was sold out. I gave up and bought it from Germany. I got MP-10 delivered through the Northern Ireland address.

I did it using the TRU bogus postcode. Set it up ages ago as soon as these went up for UK release. My order says in progress, so fingers crossed :)

Anyone with an update on heir Toys R Us shipment?

Just checked, dispatched at 11:30am this morning :D

Yeah, mine was also dispatched yesterday.

Yeah, mine was also dispatched yesterday.

Mine out for delivery to Parcel Motel in NI.

Win!!!

• Advertisement

Watch the hinges on the panels that form the bottom/front of the alt mode.

Apparently they tend to crack if you're not very gentle with them.

Advertisement