Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterpiece / Masterpiece compatible Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

And put little goatees on them so they can be their evil selves from the alternate dimension.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

DBK wrote: »
    And put little goatees on them so they can be their evil selves from the alternate dimension.

Is there a Shattered Glass Rumble and Frenzy?

Instead of swapping with Autobot colours,they could swap each others colours.

So apparently TT recently acquired licenses from Mitsubishi (J59?) and Ford (JS11?)

That doesn't automatically mean more Masterpieces of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Hardly bringing back Binaltech are they?

wernstrom! wrote: »
    So apparently TT recently acquired licenses from Mitsubishi (J59?) and Ford (JS11?)

That doesn't automatically mean more Masterpieces of course.

Are those the models they acquired? Hound and Mirage? If so, sweet.

• Advertisement

Galvasean wrote: »
    Hardly bringing back Binaltech are they?

Not at 2003 prices anyway.......

Are those the models they acquired? Hound and Mirage? If so, sweet.

J59 was probably not going to be an issue, but *if* this is what's happening, it show at least they aren't hell bent on nothing but sports/race cars.

JS11.... rumor was Guy Ligier had been holding a grudge against TT and Hasbro for 20 odd years, and was looking to sue.

Apparently it's not an issue anymore, if it ever was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

So they're going with the cartoon head and shoulders for Smokescreen.

Transformers20Masterpiece20MP-1920Smokescreen20Revealed20New20Parts20and20Paint20Image__scaled_600_zps72161e8b.jpg

I heard Hasbro Soundwave will come with all 5 cassettes.

Its been confirmed that Hasbro Soundwave will have the 5 cassettes.

http://tformers.com/transformers-first-looks-at-hasbro-transformers/20306/news.html

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Its been confirmed that Hasbro Soundwave will have the 5 cassettes.

http://tformers.com/transformers-first-looks-at-hasbro-transformers/20306/news.html

Okay, i'll admit it. The Hasbro one is better value for money.

I still prefer the red visor though, and the Takara one seems more 'metallicy' where the blue is concerned.

TRU UK did say they intend to stock it at some point.... and they do ship here.

Okay, i'll admit it. The Hasbro one is better value for money.

I still prefer the red visor though, and the Takara one seems more 'metallicy' where the blue is concerned.

TRU UK did say they intend to stock it at some point.... and they do ship here.

I believe Hasbro is going with the toy accurate since the original G-1 toy had Yellow eyes. If I thought Hasbro would release them all I would wait for their versions. I just purchased Sideswipe this morning and paid nearly €140 for it. That's alot for a figure that's barely bigger than a €20 deluxe figure.

I wonder who MP-20 will be. I know the MP designer wants to do a proper Ultra Magnus and an MP-Bruticus [MP combiners would be awesome]

• Advertisement

I just purchased Sideswipe this morning and paid nearly €140 for it. That's alot for a figure that's barely bigger than a €20 deluxe figure.

'Masterpiece Sideswipe is a Deluxe'

2remj44.jpg

That's been stated again..... And again. And again. It wasn't true the first time.

...and this is compared to a mold from four years ago. A DX is smaller now than it was four years ago. Part of that is Hasbro and Takara wanting 'Moar Moneyz' and part of it is that costs have actually increased.

Hasbro's pricing model doesn't apply in Japan. Masterpiece Sideswipe's original Japanese price was somewhere in the region of....50 euro?...and 20% discounts off SRP for toys aren't unusual in Japan. Main line TFs cost more in Japan. More than they do here in fact. And even If there's a little extra paint, it doesn't really in itself explain the pricing difference.

A large chunk of the 140 euro price you're referring to is aftermarket demand, partially because a lot of people thumbed their nose up at the mold, then did a backpedal, and partially because of aftermarket speculators.

For a time it was in shorter supply than it was now.... there was a second run somewhere. If you got one packaged in Robotmode, you have a second run version.

...and you could *probably* have beat that 140 euro price if you were a bit more more patient. Did you buy it locally?

I could've sworn i saw it on Robotkingdom not too long ago for $110 shipped.

So... like i was saying, the 'Look how much money i have to pay for a Masterpiece now' argument is a bunch of circumstances strung together.

I think my Masterpiece Sideswipe was........ 57-60 euro shipped(?)

I know the MP designer wants to do a proper Ultra Magnus and an MP-Bruticus [MP combiners would be awesome]

Masterpiece Ultra Magnus has been in 'gestation' well over a yr now. They've been very public about that one.

I wonder who MP-20 will be.

Popular theory from proven insiders seems to be purple, a gun, and not Shockwave.

Other contenders, though apparently less immediate, are another Megatron and the aforementioned Magnus.

Tokyo Toy Show is in the next week....(?) We might find out during that.

'Masterpiece Sideswipe is a Deluxe'

2remj44.jpg

Quote snipped for length

Thanks for clarifying that for me. Most have been some bad photots I was looking at.

...and you could *probably* have beat that 140 euro price if you were a bit more more patient. Did you buy it locally?

I could've sworn i saw it on Robotkingdom not too long ago for $110 shipped.

So... like i was saying, the 'Look how much money i have to pay for a Masterpiece now' argument is a bunch of circumstances strung together.

I think my Masterpiece Sideswipe was........ 57-60 euro shipped(?)

I actually bought it off Robotkingdom. Its the new 2.0 version [where its packaged in robot mode instead of vehicle mode]

No where here where I can get them. I know of a store in Dublin that occasionally gets them, but I don't think they get too many because of the prices.

Masterpiece Ultra Magnus has been in 'gestation' well over a yr now. They've been very public about that one.

Yeah. I remember seeing a pic a few years ago the designer posted of a modified MP-10 [the antennas where shortened to accommodate a UM head] on a dissected G-1 Ultra Magnus trailer.

I'm actually surprised they have been able to stand the temptation of repainting the MP-10 mold White and calling it Ultra Magnus.

Popular theory from proven insiders seems to be purple, a gun, and not Shockwave.

Other contenders, though apparently less immediate, are another Megatron and the aforementioned Magnus.

Tokyo Toy Show is in the next week....(?) We might find out during that.

I've actually expecting a Galvatron since Rodimus came out. I doubt they will ever do Megatron as a gun again. We were lucky to get him the first time.
    And atleast they can do versions with a Galvatron. His Cartoon purple scheme and the Grey toy version.

I actually bought it off Robotkingdom. Its the new 2.0 version [where its packaged in robot mode instead of vehicle mode]

OwWwWwWwWwW.

...and having looked at Robotkingdom, yes it's now $140 before shipping.

So like i was saying, OwWwWwWwWwW.

I'm actually surprised they have been able to stand the temptation of repainting the MP-10 mold White and calling it Ultra Magnus.

I think they've had the sense to realise that quick cash grabs would undermine the 'premium' philosophy of the line.... Although if the stories are true, we should be counting ourselves lucky that MP12T wasn't MP12B.

Without a new head.

OwWwWwWwWwW.

...and having looked at Robotkingdom, yes it's now $140 before shipping.

So like i was saying, OwWwWwWwWwW.

Yeah. Those are ebay prices. I think alot of these places are using the fact that MPs are not commercially available to charge ridiculous prices. I'm going to try and pre-order Prowl,Bluestreak and Smokescreen before they jack the prices up on them.

Now we have seen clear images of Smokescreen... I HATE the fake sponsor logos.

It reminds me me of all the fake sponsor names you would see on a Binaltech KO.

Yeah. Those are ebay prices. I think alot of these places are using the fact that MPs are not commercially available to charge ridiculous prices. I'm going to try and pre-order Prowl,Bluestreak and Smokescreen before they jack the prices up on them.

TFsource, BBTS, HLJ, none of them charge you in advance.

Although with HLJ you have to be quick, and you will need a backup order somewhere you can cancel, because they have a bit of a tendency to just not fill orders and not let you know either.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Will probably pick up the Hasbro soundwave. Too much goodness in there.

Where are ye buying from?

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Will probably pick up the Hasbro soundwave. Too much goodness in there.

Where are ye buying from?

Me? Combination of Robotkingdom and HLJ.
    Ill be buying mp12t from bbts tho

I ordered masterpiece silverstreak and prowl from hobbysearch but never bought anything from them before.

Keep your purchases low for packages from HLJ. Customs are very interested in packages from Japan these days.

TT not giving away much at Tokyo Toy show.

There's a Masterpiece G2 Sideswipe which will be mass release. Spikey tires inspired by the comic, new guns.

They said Mp20 will be a character who was previously thought to be problematic licensing wise (where the EFF is Galvatron?)

...and they're making a big song and dance about a poll to choose a new Masterpiece mold, most of the candidates being Autobot/Cybertron Leaders from across the last 30 years.

About seven or eight years ago TT had a poll to determine the most sought after reissues. Results indicated Cyclonus and Blurr. They then went and did sweet eff a about it, so this masterpiece poll doesn't appear to be worth much.

TT not giving away much at Tokyo Toy show.

There's a Masterpiece G2 Sideswipe which will be mass release. Spikey tires inspired by the comic, new guns.

They said Mp20 will be a character who was previously thought to be problematic licensing wise (where the EFF is Galvatron?)

...and they're making a big song and dance about a poll to choose a new Masterpiece mold, most of the candidates being Autobot/Cybertron Leaders from across the last 30 years.

About seven or eight years ago TT had a poll to determine the most sought after reissues. Results indicated Cyclonus and Blurr. They then went and did sweet eff a about it, so this masterpiece poll doesn't appear to be worth much.

I'm not surprised about G-2 Sideswipe. They love their Black repaints. At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if they announce Clamp-Down and Deep-Cover as well.

No Galvatron is a surprise. I've been expecting him since Rodimus came out.

Maybe Hound or Jazz? They transform similar to the Prowl model so would be easy to redo.

• Advertisement

Maybe Hound or Jazz? They transform similar to the Prowl model so would be easy to redo.

Hound and Jazz would be great.

Think i mentioned the rumor about Hound before?

Shogo Hasui apparently said 'We can't show you it yet' WRT to MP20. It's probably not out til at least next Spring.....but one person suggested that because it was also described as something difficult to license....maybe the company from whom it's licensed don't want it shown 'til it's done.

What was that tagline in the 1985 product catalogue?

Flip the doors out, swing the legs down?

The Autobot cars generally had fairly uniform transformations.

Think i mentioned the rumor about Hound before?

Shogo Hasui apparently said 'We can't show you it yet' WRT to MP20. It's probably not out til at least next Spring.....but one person suggested that because it was also described as something difficult to license....maybe the company from whom it's licensed don't want it shown 'til it's done.

The only thing I don't like about situations like this is that we can easily go from "HELL YES!!!! I'VE BEEN WANTING HIM FOR AGES!!!!!!!" to "HIM???? OF ALL THE COOL CHARACTERS LEFT YOU GIVE US HIM???"

So Smokescreen is the last for this year?

So Smokescreen is the last for this year?

Unless Smokescreen gets moved form the 19th Dec release date, or they squeeze something in the last 12 days of the year, yes.

I kinda thought maybe Mp20 would be something bigger because of the number, and earlier, because MP1 is 10 years old this autumn/winter.

Looks like Takara is letting us vote for upcoming MPs.

http://tformers.com/transformers-takara-tomy-transformers-30th-anniversary/20401/news.html

If you don't want to click the link here is the list:

+ Armada Optimus Prime
    + Big Convoy
    + Cybertron Optimus Prime
    + Dai Atlas
    + Energon Optimus Prime
    + Fortress Maximus
    + Lio Convoy
    + Optimus Primal
    + Powermaster Optimus Prime
    + Robots In Disguise Optimus Prime
    + Star Saber

• Registered Users Posts: 10,986 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Powermaster Prime/God Ginrai would get my vote because he just looks awesome.

1766032-autobot_powermaster_optimus_prime01_tfuniverse.gif

Though what I really want is this guy in his Marvel G1 colours with a switchable half destroyed head:

GalvatronTFMMarvel1.jpg

I actually like RID Optimus. The problem is we'll eventually need RID Ultra Magnus to make Omega Prime.

To be honest I wouldn't mind them putting Optimus to bed for awhile.

I'm not sure an MP Fortress Maximus would be feasible. It would be much larger than the upcoming Titan Class Metroplex [since they seem to be wanting to keep a scale in the MP line] and the price would be unaffordable to most [I'm going to venture nearly $1,000]

I'm not sure an MP Fortress Maximus would be feasible. It would be much larger than the upcoming Titan Class Metroplex [since they seem to be wanting to keep a scale in the MP line] and the price would be unaffordable to most [I'm going to venture nearly $1,000]

Well, the masterpiece line seems to follow the comic/cartoon closely. Now, if they went with the comic for Fort Max, he wasn't anywhere as near as big as the cartoon. The size was reversed with Metroplex (who was massive). So he'd probably be a little bigger than Prime. But honestly, I don't think they'll go with him. Powermaster Prime would be awesome compared to the brick we were given in G1. :)

http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/5/51/Brokenglass-autobotstorage.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Looks like Takara is letting us vote for upcoming MPs.

http://tformers.com/transformers-takara-tomy-transformers-30th-anniversary/20401/news.html

If you don't want to click the link here is the list:

+ Armada Optimus Prime
    + Big Convoy
    + Cybertron Optimus Prime
    + Dai Atlas
    + Energon Optimus Prime
    + Fortress Maximus
    + Lio Convoy
    + Optimus Primal
    + Powermaster Optimus Prime
    + Robots In Disguise Optimus Prime
    + Star Saber

Wow, I'll be honest I only want G1's as MP figures :(

• Advertisement

I agreed :)

When they released movie Bumblebee and Starscream as Masterpieces, I cried a little.

Advertisement