Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland v Scotland -Aviva Stadium - Saturday 10th March 5pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Fantastic performances from our players, delighted for ryan getting motm though felt been richie gray was outstanding for them! guy's lethal
    fair play to our lads, they must have been dying after last sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭dougieruggie

bossa_nova wrote: »
    Kdney has a thing for trying sexton at 12 for whatever reason, bit strange alright, it happened in a pinch situation against France before the world cup but he really seems to be pushing it the last few games

I think we all know the answer.

Kidney knows he cant take off Sexton anymore because hes too good.

But he also knows that he can't bring on O'Gara unless he plays him at 10.

If he takes off Sexton then the team could lose. But if he doesn't play O'Gara then he can expect a massive whinge in the newspaper next week.

The simple solution?

Move Sexton to 12 and give O'Gara some game time

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

ongarite wrote: »
    Jesus we killed the Scottish scrum when Court and Cronin came on.
    George Hook will have to find someone else to invent idiotic criticisms about now, yet again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Gee feel sorry for Macca. Doc contributed nothing throughout, and Kidney throws him on with about 4 minutes left? A joke. Also, Ryan contributed a whole lot more throughout this match than Doc did in all the games put together. How come everyone else can see that Ryan is the better player except Kidney..

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Seph503

Think Sexton looks far more comfortable for Ireland now than he did at the start of the 6 Nations, run of games seems to have done his confidence a boost.

Ryan brilliant, hope the rumours of him to Leinster have some weight, would love to have him!

TOL to be fair played well. Good service. Who knows, maybe the break from Ireland has done him a bit of good??

Scrum=awesome and delighted for Best to get a try today.

My only gripe - the cross field kick try didn't come off:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Healy, Ryan, POM, Sexton, Earls- All fantastic.

Good win.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Ryan was magnificent. Injuries have shown kidney that there are excellent players ready to take their chances if he would only take a chance on them.

DOC has got to go. Honestly, McCarthy contributed more. When will Kidney let go of us his favourites?

I also think McFadden deserves a start. He looked hungry today. Put him at 12 or 11.

Reddan-Sexton combination MUST remain. Every time they've played together we've been good.

1.Healy
    2.Best
    3.Ross
    4.Ryan
    5.Touhy (it will be DOC though)
    6.Ferris
    7.O'Brien
    8.Heaslip
    9.Reddan
    10.Sexton
    11.Trimble
    12.McFadden
    13.Earls
    14.Bowe
    15.Kearney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

Ryan had a great game today. Very good result against a Scottish team who really fancied their chances today.

But again an injury had forced Kidneys's hand to pick an in form player when it was clear to everyone who should be starting.

Thats a bit harsh on SOB, he was savage against France last week and has been played well in the tournament, but no harm in rotation and that's where most off the criticism towards Kidney's selections comes from.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Surely Ferris was man of the match, nothing against Ryan he had a good game but I think the world has come to expect so much from Ferris we just casually ignore when he decides to be immense!

Great game, I thought TOLs cameo was quite weak, I am also worried that realistically we got quite lucky with Trimble and Reddan, those tries wouldn't have happened against better teams.

Was Bowe's double movement a double movement?

• Advertisement

Thats a bit harsh on SOB, he was savage against France last week and has been played well in the tournament, but no harm in rotation and that's where most off the criticism towards Kidney's selections comes from.

Hes referring to Ryan not POM......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Reddan-Sexton combination MUST remain. Every time they've played together we've been good.

That is the biggest lesson from this game.

Hes referring to Ryan not POM......

do'h :o:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

RuggieBear wrote: »
    dougierugby, i don't want you to post in this thread again till after the final whistle

This worked well so we will extend it to don't post in this thread again.

Richie Gray was the best player out on the pitch today. Who actually gives the MOTM? Is it RTE? Was watching BBc you see...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

That is the biggest lesson from this game.
    How many times does it take for Kidney to learn it though?

Honestly would not be surprised at all to see TOL start in Twickenham.

If Poc was fit next week would be so interesting, I would not in the slighest be surprised if he still started Doc in that instance, laughable...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Good news there about Jones.

Seems like nothing worse than concussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

No, this was in reference to the DOC - Ryan selection really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Liking the way Ferris has taken up BOD's shooter role full time, watching him mangle players is an awesome sight. POM looked very good throughout, I still think he's not an natural open side (yet) but he's definitely not out of his depth for Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Flincher

LOL " i didnt even touch him, i just pushed him":pac:

I think Evans argued that it was self-defence.

No, this was in reference to the DOC - Ryan selection really.

Completley mixed that up, to many beers:P

• Registered Users Posts: 23,957 ✭✭✭✭phog

Great result and a load of tries in the bag. I doubt many had that a scoreline in their predictions.

Ryan ws MOTM but POM showed a lot of promise too, both had a great day in the lineouts which was supposed to be our weakness.

In this year's 6Ns so far we've outscored two teams by double their score, drawn one and lost by 2 points in the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭twinytwo

phog wrote: »
    Great result and a load of tries in the bag. I doubt many had that a scoreline in their predictions.

Ryan ws MOTM but POM showed a lot of promise too, both had a great day in the lineouts which was supposed to be our weakness.

In this year's 6Ns so far we've outscored two teams by double their score, drawn one and lost by 2 points in the other.

both of which we should have won:mad:....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

How many times does it take for Kidney to learn it though?

Unfortunately I have to agree with you. Kidney's determination to keep on trying to put square pegs in round holes is the problem here. Especially after he's been shown that round pegs fit the round holes perfectly!

I don't understand whether it's down to stubborness and sheer pig headedness.

Honestly would not be surprised at all to see TOL start in Twickenham.

Please God no! But I wouldn't be surprised to see that either. He's determined to "rehabilitate" him no matter what the cost to us. :(

twinytwo wrote: »
    both of which we should have won:mad:....

France maybe but saying we should have won against Wales is just wrong, could have won maybe, but they were better than us that day

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

What music is that on now on rte 2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

phog wrote: »

We could really be going for a GS next week, makes you wonder how well we might have done if we picked our best players

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Ok, so We scored a bag load of tries.

We dominated at scrum time.

O'Leary and McFadden came off the bench and the world didn't end! They actually played well.

ROG and Sexton played on the pitch together and played well.

We went up against a formidable lineout without our talisman POC, yet Donnacha Ryan and Donnacha O'Callaghan actually played well.

Earls showed us the reason why he was selected at 13 for this 6 Nations, with great handling, exceptional defence and finally some attacking flair, leading to a try (eventually)

We found ourselves a potential 7 for the future in POM, and confirmed that D.Ryan is the real deal.

Healy is playing like a man posessed.

Kearney had another great game.

Sexton was great from the tee, and apart form 2-3 bad decision, lead the line very well.

Yet, people are still complaining about Kidney, D'Arcy, DOC (completly ignoring the work he did a ruck time, and the power he brings at scrumtime).
    Its no wonder the atmosphere in the Aviva is shíte. Instead of watching and supporting the team, our fans are waiting for an opportunity for their most hated player to make a mistake so they can call him Crap on an internet forum after the game!

The reaction when TOL came on said it all. People before he touched the ball were calling him shíte, and saying he didn't deserve to be in the Jersey again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Considering the injuries, Irelands strength in depth has been impressive.. Great to see Sexton play so well today, he's the best ten in europe on this form. Healy, Ryan, Ferris, POM, Earls all superb. Enjoyable enough game to boot. Roll on Paddys day in Twickenham!!

Advertisement