Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: Going it alone

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Have you got papers or anything for your welding? They are crying out for welders here at the minute in both Saskatchewan and Alberta. What age are you? Can you apply for the IEC visa next year as that is probably easier to get than an lmo. Saying that if you are a qualified welder you should be able to get an lmo from someone and welders are on great money here. Have you been looking on sask jobs, kijiji?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ei0675

Hi.

Yea have all my papers plus past refs from employers including certs for things like first aid, fire training, safe handling, fork truck certs and experiance with mostworkshop machinery.
    Im 38 was thinking more along the LMO route as would be permanant move for me.
    Rechecked emails it was a company in brandon manitoba not sask. But its work I want not location per say.
    m.j.w wrote: »
    Have you got papers or anything for your welding? They are crying out for welders here at the minute in both Saskatchewan and Alberta. What age are you? Can you apply for the IEC visa next year as that is probably easier to get than an lmo. Saying that if you are a qualified welder you should be able to get an lmo from someone and welders are on great money here. Have you been looking on sask jobs, kijiji?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

ei0675 wrote: »
    Hi.

Yea have all my papers plus past refs from employers including certs for things like first aid, fire training, safe handling, fork truck certs and experiance with mostworkshop machinery.
    Im 38 was thinking more along the LMO route as would be permanant move for me.
    Rechecked emails it was a company in brandon manitoba not sask. But its work I want not location per say.

If you have all that start sending out resumes yourself asking for an lmo. If you type in welder to the Alberta kijiji there is 800 jobs. Not all new obviously but just shows you the amount of work. It's Alberta or saskatchewan you want to be coming to make the most money.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ei0675

Cheers for info hopefully can get something organised!!
    m.j.w wrote: »
    If you have all that start sending out resumes yourself asking for an lmo. If you type in welder to the Alberta kijiji there is 800 jobs. Not all new obviously but just shows you the amount of work. It's Alberta or saskatchewan you want to be coming to make the most money.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mikefrommeath

there is a facebook page set up called "irish in Saskatoon" for anyone thats interested. They seem to have a great little community going there. Have a GAA club set up and all!

it says a lot for the morons that run this country!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jockey joe

Has anyone been to didsbury in alberta I am after getting a job there just wonderibg what kind of a place it is

• Registered Users Posts: 1 PauricMac

Well ive got a job in vonda and im moving out in January. Confused between living in saskatoon or vonda.Does there be buses between saskatoon and vonda if not would you think living in vonda would be viable or is saskatoon the best for social ad quality of life.

Advertisement