Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: Going it alone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jockey joe

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Yea lad fort mcmurry is the spot serious money i can drive diggers so maybe i might go at that.. you should look in to nz either i got a job in the farms but the money was not great so iam heading to calgary instead lol

Have you got a visa sorted out yet I don't have anything done yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

no i got offered the job but decided against nz just to far away for me... and as for Canada nah not yet the visa process is not open yet but it should be in jan sometimes as soon as i get granted i will be going

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jockey joe

no i got offered the job but decided against nz just to far away for me... and as for Canada nah not yet the visa process is not open yet but it should be in jan sometimes as soon as i get granted i will be going

We are in the same boat so noting to stay around here for anyway it is hard to head off on your own though to a diffrent country I was in oz a few years ago but went with friends

as i said on a previous post this Christmas has shown there's nothing happening in Ireland for me, all my mates went back to college or joined the army i was recently made redundant so i don't fancy staying on the 188 club when i am in my mid 20s i will sh~ting it and will probably miss home a lot but at the end of the day its what i got to do for myself. and if i am making good money out there i can always come home for a visit that's the way i look at it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭mazi

hi, after visiting the expo at the RDS last weekend i have finally decided that i want to relocate to canada as i have just lost my job as an alarm and cctv technician and cannot find more full time employment.. so provisionally i have thought about moving to the saskatchewan area as there is ample work advertised on there job sites..
    what i would like to know is, are there any other people who are going alone to canada and if so how do i go about sorting out accomodation etc before i arrive..

I came here alone and granted it was daunting at first but things fall into place very quick.I am going back home end of March and my room will be for rent in Calgary along the c-train line so if your interested and end up in Calgary drop me a line.The rent is $450 per mth + ultilities (Max $100).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭archicraft

mazi wrote: »
    I came here alone and granted it was daunting at first but things fall into place very quick.I am going back home end of March and my room will be for rent in Calgary along the c-train line so if your interested and end up in Calgary drop me a line.The rent is $450 per mth + ultilities (Max $100).

That’s not bad...would that be the typical rate for one bedroom in Calgary? What size is the room & does it include an en suite? How close are these types to the city centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Hey guys/gals anyone else in the same boat? i am heading to Calgary Visa pending as soon as its granted:D i cant wait to get over there now:D..so anyone else heading solo if so where?:D i am sh~ting it but this Christmas has shown that there's not much happening here and i cant wait to sign off the 188 club and get back to work hard play hard rota;)..Also if anyone else is in Calgary would love to no what you make of it? attitude of locals towards Irish, and just the general lifestyle Calgary has to offer. i have done an awful lot of research the past couple of months so now it would be good to hear from people that are actually there:D

I so know the feeling. Try as I might I can't seem to find something here. Even the simplest things round here are looking for experience! I seem to be hopping from one course to another to keep myself busy and keep upskilling to some degree.

Anyone know how useful the CompTIA A+ is in Canada?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭bongomad

ive apllied to Ait almost four weeks now! the money has left my account last couple of days, anyone know could it still take a couple of more weeks? ive been offered a job over if i can get approved by ait the problem is the companys lmo quota is running out in a week they said they could apply again for some more lmos but ive read it can take awhile for the lmo itself and just want out of here! thanks

what trade are you in?

what trade are you in?

im a sparks?

• Advertisement

major backlog bud i heard it can take up to 8-10 weeks.

major backlog bud it can take up to 8-10 weeks.

major backlog bud it can take up to 8-10 weeks.

thanks dude for the quick reply! ah well ill get it when i get it !

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭teepee

bongomad wrote: »

thanks dude for the quick reply! ah well ill get it when i get it !

I got mine a month ago , it took 10 weeks to get ait back .

i taught as much did ye apply with your certs as well as the 72 months work experience ?

teepee wrote: »
    I got mine a month ago , it took 10 weeks to get ait back .

hi teepe thanks ! did you head over yet?

i taught as much did ye apply with your certs as well as the 72 months work experience ?
    i did had 150 months with references from previous employers fetac certs and other certs i had over the years! just when i seen they took the money out it got my hopes up:( .

should i apply for a garda vetting cert while i wait? will i need it for my lmo? is their anything else i might need for the lmo that i could have while i wait on to speed things up?? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 22 s14a johno

as far as i know ya dont, was told ya only need ya lmo, trade papers, and empolemt offers,

but could be wrong :confused::confused:

s14a johno wrote: »
    as far as i know ya dont, was told ya only need ya lmo, trade papers, and empolemt offers,

but could be wrong :confused::confused:

hi johno thanks for that did you head over by any chance?

• Advertisement

hi johno thanks for that did you head over by any chance?

flying thursday morning, connection at heatrow,
    but we see how it goes,
    iam kinda laid back compared to oz lol

where ya headn?

flying thursday morning, connection at heatrow,
    but we see how it goes,
    iam kinda laid back compared to oz lol

where ya headn?
    fair play best of luck over there! Edmonton hopefuly if the job offer still stands if i miss their deadline for lmos.
    where ya heading johno?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 desserdub

I was told by the company im looking to work for it takes 4 weeks for the AIT so i hope to hear back this week as they sent it on jan 4th.might be quicker for some off these big companies than guys applying indepentedly.i was told not to get garda clearance til you get the job as it has to up to date.ie.can be only a month or two old

fair play best of luck over there! Edmonton hopefuly if the job offer still stands if i miss their deadline for lmos.
    where ya heading johno?

same place alberta but red deer, the HQ , but just to let ya know
    alot companyies applying for the LMO 2013 at the moment so
    say ya be ok buddy,

same as lad, hope see ya there, few drinks on the card who ever there lol

desserdub wrote: »
    I was told by the company im looking to work for it takes 4 weeks for the AIT so i hope to hear back this week as they sent it on jan 4th.might be quicker for some off these big companies than guys applying indepentedly.i was told not to get garda clearance til you get the job as it has to up to date.ie.can be only a month or two old
    hi i sent mine the same time was toldit usualy takes 2weeks but with the amount of people applying its gone up to 8weeks and some here on the forum have waited 10weeks! i sent them over as well to the employer so she could have a look over it for any mistakes! what trade are you in? did it come out of your acc yet?

when the money comes out of your ACC it takes 5 days after that date

same place alberta but red deer, the HQ , but just to let ya know
    alot companyies applying for the LMO 2013 at the moment so
    say ya be ok buddy,

same as lad, hope see ya there, few drinks on the card who ever there lol
    cheers for that johno! are ya on di or dw? ur username looks familar?

when the money comes out of your ACC it takes 5 days after that date
    best news all year in last ha fingers crossed then:)

cheers for that johno! are ya on di or dw? ur username looks familar?

on driftworks a odd time, but On DI all day lol, cant get enough that site
    hahaha

• Advertisement

on driftworks a odd time, but On DI all day lol, cant get enough that site
    hahaha

was thinking! im vice versa , well bet of luck again over there bud ill pm you in a few weeks in see how your getting on!

Advertisement