Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carto tanks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

I ordered the mini-sub tank from mom and pop vapor shop... Has anyone here used the mini-sub what do ye think of them, are they difficult to change the cartomisers etc? I cant seem to find a video on you-tube maybe they are too new. There is a video alright on how to fill them but that seems to be about it.

Ouch! Something definitely stinks about that, hopefully they will sort you out.
    I ordered 10 boge 3ohms pre punched from the chibi tank crowd mid feb, so far i've tried six of them and not one worked. I'd put it in the tank, stick the juice in.. leave it time to soak in etc etc but as soon as I fired the lavatube I'd see a bright red glow through the punched hole and a strong smell of burning (what I assume is cotton). Happend the exact same way with every carto, with 70/30 70/25 and 100%pg juices so it's definitely a cartomiser issue.

6/10, I could try the other 4 but I've just emailed parkesvaping and maybe they'll want me to send them back to make sure i'm not lying.
    I've ordered cartos from them before and never had this issue so I'm sure it's just a bad batch, if you're going to order a chibi you'll be safe ordering cartos from them too I just needed somewhere to vent

grargh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

they get very good reviews

if you dont want to spend stupid money on a tank the mini sub and the chibi tanks are the ones to go for. afaik, they have a screw top or something . so you empty the tank, then take the top off and you have to take the entire tank apart to change the carto. you definitely can't replace the carto while there's juice in the tank anyway.

i would imagine it's pretty straightforward to take apart and put back together. maybe do it once or twice when you first get it before you fill it with juice.

Hopefully its handy enough but when I read the following instructions I found in another forum it sounded fairly complicated to me. But I'm sure when I find out what a grommet is it might make more sense, anyway will be fun figuring it out.

1. Put a grommet on the carto, bottom of the grommet flush/even with the bottom of the sleeve.
    2. Slide the acrylic tube over the grommet so that the bottom part of the grommet (under the o-ring if you use them, or under the gap if you don't) is inside the tube.
    3. Slide the second grommet around the top and down the carto sleeve until it contacts the tube all the way around. Gently push the grommet inside the tube a little at a time, turning the whole assembly as you do so to keep it even all the way around. If it is always upright, you should be fine just sliding the grommet in; if you ever lay it on its side or drop it, you may want to go ahead and slide the top grommet down past the gap/o-ring as well.

they get very good reviews

if you dont want to spend stupid money on a tank the mini sub and the chibi tanks are the ones to go for. afaik, they have a screw top or something . so you empty the tank, then take the top off and you have to take the entire tank apart to change the carto. you definitely can't replace the carto while there's juice in the tank anyway.

i would imagine it's pretty straightforward to take apart and put back together. maybe do it once or twice when you first get it before you fill it with juice.

• Advertisement

i think the grommet is the black thing at the top and bottom of the tank, that stops the juice from falling out :)

I read through that there last night alright and the guy who owns momandpop said back in February that he would do a video so its probably on the way one of these days. I'm just trying to be as ready as I can be for when I get the lavatube next week so that I can be sucking diesel with no hiccups :D

You know what this vaping thing is more addictive than smoking. I'm already scheming in my head about trying to get a provari and I haven't even started VV vaping yet.

it sure is :) but it still works out cheaper, well maybe unless you get the provari :p

well parkesvaping emailed me back and they're gona send me out replacements, that didnt take long :) good customer service anyway

Just ordered one of these, is there anyone here who uses anything similar to punch cartos for yer tanks?

http://ie.ebid.net/for-sale/reverse-osmosis-water-feed-saddle-valve-tube-44311838.htm

If it works it will be €6.90 well spent. I seen some people on ECF using something similar but not the exact same in the states so said I'd chance it.

• Advertisement

yeah i saw people using saddle valves to punch cartos alright, but not like that one
    i dont see where you'd be able to rest the carto to punch it

safercigs have a carto punch for 9 sterling or something
    http://www.safercigs.co.uk//Cartomiser_Punch/p705283_5799886.aspx

ordered it on thursday but hasnt shipped yet

I cant seem to paste the picture to here but from what I can see I'll be able to hold the cartomiser in place with the brass screw that comes up from the bottom of it. I'll let you know if it works when I get it anyway.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Well I broke (and now am broke), I've ordered a lavatube, 2 batteries, a bunch of boge 3ohms, and I'll hopefully soon have some chibi tanks on the way (seems to be a glitch on parkes' site at the moment).

I have actually really been enjoying using DCCs the last week or so, despite my initial dislike of them, so I'm pretty hopeful this will be the last big outlay I need to make for a while.

(now I just need to make sure I avoid any mention of the provari)

edit: parkesvaping order seems to have gone through, they don't seem to have any Boge cartos, so I couldn't even order the tanks that included them, had to order empties. Now I just need to figure out how to pay them with that WePay thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I've kind of converted back to the cartomizer approach too. Sick of messing about and the constant disappointment and cost of all the other stuff.

Okay, so the taste is a little "off" but at least the damn things work pretty much all the time with no fuss and only require topping up every now and again. The tanks sort that drawback out too.

The twiddling with the eGo-C and even more twiddling with the iMist just isn't worth it! Those clearomizers promise a lot but are even worse than the tanks.

stevenmu wrote: »
    Well I broke (and now am broke), I've ordered a lavatube, 2 batteries, a bunch of boge 3ohms, and I'll hopefully soon have some chibi tanks on the way (seems to be a glitch on parkes' site at the moment).

I have actually really been enjoying using DCCs the last week or so, despite my initial dislike of them, so I'm pretty hopeful this will be the last big outlay I need to make for a while.

(now I just need to make sure I avoid any mention of the provari)

edit: parkesvaping order seems to have gone through, they don't seem to have any Boge cartos, so I couldn't even order the tanks that included them, had to order empties. Now I just need to figure out how to pay them with that WePay thing.

i emailed them about a bad batch of cartos I receive from them in my last order, every one I tried failed. So hopefully they're testing the ones they currently have rather than selling them on knowing they might be faulty.
    wepay is simple, you'll get an invoice in the mail and a link to pay after that it's just like paypal.

I've kind of converted back to the cartomizer approach too. Sick of messing about and the constant disappointment and cost of all the other stuff.

Okay, so the taste is a little "off" but at least the damn things work pretty much all the time with no fuss and only require topping up every now and again. The tanks sort that drawback out too.

The twiddling with the eGo-C and even more twiddling with the iMist just isn't worth it! Those clearomizers promise a lot but are even worse than the tanks.

heh, yeah that is the good thing about cartomisers. they might not do anything brilliantly, but they at least do it without much fuss.
    saying that they do actually do vapour/throat hit brilliantly :)
    its no harm to have an ego-c or whatever in your arsenal for a vaping session of a particular juice that just doesnt work as well as youd like in a carto but in general cartos just work.

i emailed them about a bad batch of cartos I receive from them in my last order, every one I tried failed. So hopefully they're testing the ones they currently have rather than selling them on knowing they might be faulty.
    wepay is simple, you'll get an invoice in the mail and a link to pay after that it's just like paypal.
    I saw your post on that, I wonder is it a coincidence that they're gone out of stock on them now, i.e. did they recieve a bad batch and decide to pull the lot. Good service from them to agree to send on replacements quickly and easily.

Yeah, I think the constant slightly off taste is much better than the burnt taste I was getting with other devices all too often. My own remaining problem with cartos is overfilling them when I go to top up. I was doing ok for a while but yesterday and today I've done it a few times. Tanks should fix that nicely.

stevenmu wrote: »
    I saw your post on that, I wonder is it a coincidence that they're gone out of stock on them now, i.e. did they recieve a bad batch and decide to pull the lot. Good service from them to agree to send on replacements quickly and easily.

aye, i was very happy with the service. although now im worried that it'll be ages before I get my replacements :)
    i think they had some in stock last week, and I emailed them on saturday or sunday so it would be a pretty big coincidence but not an impossible one.

I got the WePay invoice from Parkes and order has gone through. A little different to the normal payment methods, but not actually bad at all.

• Advertisement

well if you get sick of waiting for your healthcabin order
    libertyflights sell boge 3ohms in stainless steel for i think 5-6 sterling a pack of 5, free shipping. plus 10% off with ukvapers
    not a great price compared to healthcabin in bulk, but not terrible either. shipping is only a few days too. my last order fromthem was shipped on friday, i got it on a tuesday.
    you will need to punch the hole in the cartos yourself though

Not a bad idea, I was actually looking at them last night for some juices I wanted (blueberry mojito ... yum), so that could work out well.

got a load of juices coming in the post myself soon.. i've been almost exclusively dekang since my first month vaping so im looking forward to experiencing some else of what the world has to offer

Yeah I've been the same, and I have been very happy with them. The only other things I've tried so far have been Liqua Menthol and Grape from TBS, which are very good quality.

From reading around, especially on the american side, there's a ton of other good stuff out there.

yeah americans seem to be quite spoiled when it comes to juice availability, shame so many of the american sites dont ship internationally

yeah americans seem to be quite spoiled when it comes to juice availability, shame so many of the american sites dont ship internationally

I LOVE Liqua from TBS. The only american ones I've tried were those absolutely STINKING Halo juices, well I only tried one and that was enough for me. I tried HALO Freedom and it was rank rotten altogether. Maybe I should try a different one.

did you steep the halo juice? it's supposed to improve quite a bit with 2 weeks

im very curious about bobas county, heard pbusardo mention it as his fav vape a few times. meant to be a very strong tasting tobacco juice. ive checked before but i cant remember if that site delivers internationally.

did you steep the halo juice? it's supposed to improve quite a bit with 2 weeks

No, I didn't cos it was too stinking. I might hazard another toot off it sometime but I'll put it into the 510 DC attie. I had an awful job getting it out of the eGo-C.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

http://www.thebestshop.eu/blank-cartomizers/cat_37.html

TheBestShop now stocking Dual Coil tanks 3.5 and 6ml versions, thread covers for eGo batteries, and pre punched cartos.

there goes this weeks spending money!

• Advertisement

pretty sure ezsmoke or some other site have them for cheaper than 9 euro

love how they put it on a lavatube :) I wonder if you can get the flanged cartos for the DCT in higher than 1.5ohm. better off getting boges and a boge tank imo

Advertisement