Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S III to be released in April 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

Okay thanks, had the phone unlocked after I bought it so I might just leave it for now.

this is not going to effect anything!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Picked up the S3 Flip Case and 32GB MicroSD from amazon.

Both are working a treat. The flip case is exactly what I wanted - a cover to protect the screen in my pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,908 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 alleyjoe

Cool ya .Android is best in apps . When it would be launch? Any idea?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

I got one a couple of years ago specifically designed for the model I had. It looked great. Then I changed my phone :mad:

So I got one something like this.
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/UNIVERSAL-CAR-MOUNT-WINDSCREEN-SUCTION-PHONE-HOLDER-S-/230472107008?pt=UK_Holders_Mounts&hash=item35a9354400#ht_2390wt_1185

I've changed my phone twice since and I don't have to think about the mounting kit for the car. It can be adjusted wider or narrower and once the phones in it, it's pretty secure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kenyard

Picked up the S3 Flip Case and 32GB MicroSD from amazon.

Both are working a treat. The flip case is exactly what I wanted - a cover to protect the screen in my pocket.

i got a case and screen protector for 1.85 pound on ebay lol. working grand, was surprrised and am happy out. though the phone is big enough anwyasy without the case. in retrtospect i think a gel case with a screen protector is best option now.
    wow spelling errors there ^^

got the same sd card though. working grand. was running outta internal space when i tried doing a backup of my rom, so figured id get one. mate got a 64Gb one but i think its a bit extreme :P
    he has a few movies etc on it though, i guess its handy for that. especially if you get the mhl cable which he also did, and i will be shortly when i can find one for ~10 euro.
    would love to hook up gta and an xbox controller to my tv and play away off the phone haha :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Yep, the flip cover ain't cheap.
    But I got a few cheap covers for my S2 and wasn't happy with them in the end. I got a better quality one for about 12 euro.
    Didn't bother messing around like that with the S3, plus this cover adds only about a mm to the overall thickness of the phone. It seems to be the only cover that had the integrated back cover too. Spare back cover anyone? :D

There was no way I was putting a screen protector on this bad boy.
    kenyard wrote: »
    i got a case and screen protector for 1.85 pound on ebay lol. working grand, was surprrised and am happy out. though the phone is big enough anwyasy without the case. in retrtospect i think a gel case with a screen protector is best option now.
    wow spelling errors there ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

I got one a couple of years ago specifically designed for the model I had. It looked great. Then I changed my phone :mad:

So I got one something like this.
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/UNIVERSAL-CAR-MOUNT-WINDSCREEN-SUCTION-PHONE-HOLDER-S-/230472107008?pt=UK_Holders_Mounts&hash=item35a9354400#ht_2390wt_1185

I've changed my phone twice since and I don't have to think about the mounting kit for the car. It can be adjusted wider or narrower and once the phones in it, it's pretty secure.

I got a similar one to this in the O2 shop in blanch sc a couple of years ago. It was the "Kensington" brand, and it was about 30quid. Well worth it though. It has worked on 2 different cars and 3 different phones at this stage and still going strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭jkbrackens11

akamossie wrote: »
    this is not going to effect anything!!

I bought it second hand from a lad who unlocked it for me though and not sure what way he done it. Would it not reset?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I bought it second hand from a lad who unlocked it for me though and not sure what way he done it. Would it not reset?

No, a factory reset had absolutely nothing to do with a network lock!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,908 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    I seem to have an odd problem with mine. Even if I have the contacts number, and their number is unblocked no matter who is calling it just shows up on my phone as "unknown". Has anyone else had this problem or figured out a way to fix it?

Have you modded? I seem to recall some mod saying that you had to change CSC if this happens.

EDIT.
    From wanamlite. Any help?
    If you get any issue with your Contacts names on the call logs, you have to change your current CSC with the code *#272*IMEI#
    http://wanamlite.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1750

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Dotsie~tmp wrote: »
    Have you modded? I seem to recall some mod saying that you had to change CSC if this happens.

Nah I haven't, only got the phone last week and its been doing it since I got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

battery life anyone ?

I seem to be charging everyday

• Registered Users Posts: 19,757 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

battery life anyone ?

I seem to be charging everyday

It's a smartphone that's normal

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

looking to get one of these bad boys, wouldnt need a huge call allowence, reasonable text tho and resonable data, looking around, meteor seems to be the best for phone price vs monthly fee, anyone done any in depth look into this?

looking to get one of these bad boys, wouldnt need a huge call allowence, reasonable text tho and resonable data, looking around, meteor seems to be the best for phone price vs monthly fee, anyone done any in depth look into this?

the emobile deal is the best, unlimited everything 34.50 a month,

think its over now tho?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Cyrus wrote: »
    the emobile deal is the best, unlimited everything 34.50 a month,

think its over now tho?

yeah data seems to be optional sadly, bit of a deal breaker, would end up adding up with the add ons

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kenyard

meteor dont do much in the line of data either afaik. theyre both eircom run like so very similar. emobile are just linked directly with eircom so work out slightly cheaper if you have an eircome house phone (or just eircom account number)

having been on meteor for ~2 years or so i cant complain.
    three there was issues with mobile data and phone switching to roaming often.
    o2 actually have decent download speeds. i have 8mb connection in limerick (800kb/s download speed) which is awesome for mobile phone imo and ping was low too.
    meteors was much slower..highest i ever saw was 4mb.
    o2 have much lower limits though. i just went with them for the 6 month contract will move to 48 after i guess.
    outside of emobile meteor or three are best offers. just look into them first. emobile are meteor pretty much so reception etc wont vary there

yeah data seems to be optional sadly, bit of a deal breaker, would end up adding up with the add ons

er the deal has unlimited data, call and texts for 34.50, but maybe its finished

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

If you have good signal in your area I would say three is the best way to go. I don't and ended up going with Vodafone myway, the basic plan in €30 a month which includes 500mb of data and Vodafone calls and texts, you can then add on unlimited texts for €6 and varying amounts of minutes and data. I had to pay €150 for the handset but the plan suited me the best.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

There were a fair few on eBay when I went looking for mine..

This one looks fairly decent.. And dirt cheap too..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

yip!

Price Comparison - iphone/Galaxy S3 - Main networks.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056668957

I worked out the Total Cost of Ownership over 2 years including phone purchase price. Vodafone were almost twice the price of 3. I went with emobile since 3 don't allow tethering. (I know in practise they do, but I didn't want to be stuck in a contract that says no tethering).

I can't copy and paste in the table - the formatting goes all funny.

But on the thread linked above you'll find a comparison of all the networks. I believe the emobile offer I got is finished, but worth calling them and seeing if they will give it to you. I know someone that got it after the closing date.

I heard Tesco have a half price offer on unlimited calls/data/text, but not sure if they have the SGS3. They have high termination costs, I wouldn't go with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭thomasj

Mugen power are now advertising an extended 4600mah battery for the galaxy s3!

That is bigger than the battery for the galaxy tab (7 inch)

http://www.mugen-power-batteries.com/mugen-power-4600mah-extended-battery-for-samsung-galaxy-s3-i9300-atandt-samsumg-galaxy-s-iii-i747-verzion-samsung-galaxy-s-iii-i535-with-battery-door.html

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭roarlad

Exomount car mount

I got one of these last year, brilliant quality, universal. no complaints, would recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

roarlad wrote: »
    Exomount car mount

I got one of these last year, brilliant quality, universal. no complaints, would recommend.

+1. I've ordered one based on the recommendations for it on Xda.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Dingatron wrote: »
    +1. I've ordered one based on the recommendations for it on Xda.

That looks like an excellent design!

EDIT ahhh shipping of 50USD... no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Well I finally succumbed and got the S3. Picked it up yesterday morning and so far so good. I reckon I will be very busy this weekend going through all the functions.

One problem I have with though is that the phone will not recognise the 32 micro sd card I inserted into the phone. I have this card since the start of the year (got it in a sale) and only opened it yesterday to put into the phone.

I have put a 4gb card and an 8gb card into the phone and they are both recognised by it but no joy with the 32gb. I suppose the card could be faulty but I dont want to get another card if it is so known issue with a batch of the phones.

Has anybody else had problems with 32gb cards in the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

It might need to be formatted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlY0mZ5LhCA

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

gazzer wrote: »
    Has anybody else had problems with 32gb cards in the phone?

I've a 32Gb in mine with no probs. Maybe try it in a different phone too.

Advertisement