Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S III to be released in April 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Galaxy S III jumps ahead of the iPhone 4S as the most popular phone in the UK

The white edition of the iPhone 4S was the King in the UK, but while it has only been available for a few days, the Samsung Galaxy S III is now the new crowned King according to the uSwitch Mobile Tracker. Unfortunately for Apple, the iPhone 4S’s reign was only for a month, which was last month. Before that, the Galaxy S II was the leader for 11 consecutive months while selling 20 million units. Not only that, the Galaxy S II still holds the three spot even after 15 months of it’s first sale....

More info here:
    http://www.talkandroid.com/114684-samsung-galaxy-s-iii-jumps-ahead-of-the-iphone-4s-as-the-most-popular-phone-in-the-uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I have the SG3 but when I try to imput my key code for Wifi, I can't seem to type any letters!:confused:

Anyone any ideas?

Vodafone offered me 175 for my Galaxy 2 as a trade in. I said no thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'm getting the error "Unfortunately, S Planner has stopped" anyone getting this? Tried a factory reset but still have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

I have just figured out the option to set the alarm to briefing mode and when the alarm goes off it calls out the days weather any appointments and local news I think it's a pretty cool feature

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

If it had a rural irish setting, it might announce the deaths as well:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Just finished the review on the Galaxy S3.

Here is a link.

http://geektech.ie/index.php/review-samsung-galaxy-siii/

This is for all of those still in a second mind about either getting it or waiting for it to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Thor wrote: »

Just to let you know I cant see the pages after page 1

HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭opus

Be careful not to drop it if you're the lucky owner of a shiny new S3!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

does anyone know if the S3 is available as a business user on EMobile?

Ive been trying to find it online but cant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭Chet T16

neil_hosey wrote: »
    does anyone know if the S3 is available as a business user on EMobile?

Ive been trying to find it online but cant

It wasn't listed for business users on O2 but there was no problem ordering when i rang.

Expected stock still isn't in though :(

Kev. wrote: »
    Just to let you know I cant see the pages after page 1

HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.

Cheers

Working for me, someone is impressed with the S3!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

opus wrote: »
    Be careful not to drop it if you're the lucky owner of a shiny new S3!

Ha
    I can see numerous flaws with that "test"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,491 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

I'm with 3 as well and when I typed in *#9900# I saw that fast dormancy was enabled by default. So I've just disabled it now and I'll see if there's any difference over the next day.

Any word on a improvement after turning off fast dormancy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Ha
    I can see numerous flaws with that "test"

Ya you'd kinda have to do the same test multiple times etc I would imagine to get a good idea of what happens more often.

That said the less learned is DO NOT DROP YOUR PHONE! If you are prone get a case :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Any word on a improvement after turning off fast dormancy?

I posted earlier dude, that I was had put that post in the wrong thread. It was meant for the s2 thread as that was the phone I was using the other day.

S3 came today so having a play around with it. I tried the fast dormancy thing but like was already mentioned there doesn't seem to be the option to disable it on three network.

All that comes up is a a list of system dump stuff, but no option to disable fast dormancy. It was avaiable on the s2 so will be interested to hear what others find.

Was set on getting an SIII for the past few weeks but today, after playing with one for the first time I've decided not. Its just too big for me :(

Some cracker of a phone tough, would have loved all the features with the screen size of the HTC One S.

Quite liked S voice too, even if it is a tad gimmicky, better to be with the gimmicks than without.

What are you moving from?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭PG4000

Anybody know any Meteor places in South Dublin that have any in stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

PG4000 wrote: »
    Anybody know any Meteor places in South Dublin that have any in stock?
    Don't know about the southside, but when I was looking for them, a Meteor shop in the northside took my number for when they came in. I got a text earlier saying that they should have them in stock tomorrow. So that might apply for the other Meteor stores as well.

• Advertisement

Can't locate "flipboard" on my S3? I thought it comes preloaded?

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

anyone know when the pebble blue version will available? gona hold out till then i reckon but finding it hard to do so!

Can't locate "flipboard" on my S3? I thought it comes preloaded?

The APK is handy to fine on google. Makes Twitter look nice.

EDIT: you can also get it from the Samsung 'More Services' app on the GS3.

coach22 wrote: »
    anyone know when the pebble blue version will available? gona hold out till then i reckon but finding it hard to do so!

Was just told on the phone to emobile that it is available. May want to double check as the agent didn't seem too up to date on what the HTC One X compared to the One S, so her knowledge of the SIII may be equally limited.

Can't get/hear any sms notification sounds. Anyone know why? I've tinkered with the settings but still when I get a message I hear nothing.

Can't get/hear any sms notification sounds. Anyone know why? I've tinkered with the settings but still when I get a message I hear nothing.

Did you set a tone from the message app it's self?

Tap messaging- menu- Settings- scroll all the way down - Select Ring tone.

god's toy wrote: »
    Did you set a tone from the message app it's self?

Tap messaging- menu- Settings- scroll all the way down - Select Ring tone.

Yeah I've tried that and still no sound when I get a sms. :confused:

I also notice that with the likes of voxer/haytell apps that I don't know if i've got a message unless I go into the app itself. The "background data" option on the s2 isn't included in ICS from what I can see. So I don't know how I'm going to know when I've got a message from those type of apps without having to manually go into the app a check!! :eek:

Yeah I've tried that and still no sound when I get a sms. :confused:

:

So just to make sure: Pull down the Notification bar and click the cog,
    from there click Sound and now click Volume, Are all your bars up full?

god's toy wrote: »
    So just to make sure: Pull down the Notification bar and click the cog,
    from there click Sound and now click Volume, Are all your bars up full?

ok, got the notification problem sorted. I didn't have the "notification" icon clicked in the drop down notification panel. Glad that's sorted. Thanks.

• Advertisement

Anyone else keep getting that "connected to wi-fi network" popup every time you turn on screen? So bloody annoying.
    And how do I stop getting the "you have lost data connectivity" notification? It seems it will only stop once I turn mobile data on, but I hardly ever use mobile data so how do I stop these notifications from coming up? :mad:

Advertisement