Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S III to be released in April 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

thomasj wrote: »
    Wow! didn't know that. Based on reading through the web there seemed to be a general concensus that there was no android devices capable of recording radio. Good to hear! I thought that samsung had removed that facility but great to have it back.

While the rest of us had the facility to record [internet] radio for quite some time, on any android [or wp7] device with TuneIn

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

RangeR wrote: »
    thomasj wrote: »
    Wow! didn't know that. Based on reading through the web there seemed to be a general concensus that there was no android devices capable of recording radio. Good to hear! I thought that samsung had removed that facility but great to have it back.

While the rest of us had the facility to record [internet] radio for quite some time, on any android [or wp7] device with TuneIn

True but it was costly (still is depending on operator) and may run into problems. While internet radio is good its still nice to have a good old FM transmitter with the option to record without relying on and affecting data usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

god's toy wrote: »
    Looks like it has an LED indicator too ;) talks about it in the Manual.
    You don't know how much I missed it!

(Yep I use the NoLED app but just wanted a dedicated one)

And according to the manual it let's you choose how you wish to use it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

god's toy wrote: »
    Looks like it has an LED indicator too ;) talks about it in the Manual.
    You don't know how much I missed it!

(Yep I use the NoLED app but just wanted a dedicated one)

I'd almost upgrade just for that. The only thing the desire had that I miss

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Galaxy S III will launch a day early -- for some UK pre-orders
    Be still your beating heart, Samsung has announced that several customers who have already fallen for its incoming flagship's charms will get their pre-orders honored a day early. Unfortunately, it will be limited to those that ordered through its own brand store in Westfield Stratford City in London, but those lucky few will get their very own Galaxy S III at 6pm on May 29th -- half a day before the rest of the UK. We're planning to get our hands on a review model before then, so expect to see our fully-fleshed musings before the end of May.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Paparazzo wrote: »
    I'd almost upgrade just for that. The only thing the desire had that I miss
    just use BLN ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056641898

Three are taking pre-orders from Friday!

You can preorder on three.ie now. Free on a €40 pm 24 month contract or €189 on a 18 month contract!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

dillo2k10 wrote: »
    You can preorder on three.ie now. Free on a €40 pm 24 month contract or €189 on a 18 month contract!

Hmm not a bad price, hope meteor get their bleedin act together and get their pre-order sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

register page now available for meteor www.meteor.ie/samsung-galaxy-s3-coming-soon/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭donkey balls

I just had a look on the three website but cannot find out what size memory the phone will have any idea's ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

I just had a look on the three website but cannot find out what size memory the phone will have any idea's ?

Probably the 16gig version

Yea I would imagine its the 16gb. I think vodafone have an exclusive in the 32gb and the 64 won't be released yet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

And I reckon if the 32GB isn't selling too well, they won't even bother with a 64GB model. Remember they promised to make a 32GB S2 as well but it never showed up. Internal storage isn't really important when theres already a microSD slot, and lets face it, buying a 16GB model, and then getting a 16GB microSD will be a hell of a lot cheaper than getting a 32GB model when it is finally generally released..

Mark my words, very few will get 32GB versions, never mind 64GB, very few would need a potential 128Gb in a smartphone, as nice as the option of having it, is. Sure even if you get a 16GB model, for about 25€ with a 32GB microSD, you will get 48GB of overall storage, you could also get a 64GB microSD if you really wanted it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Zonda999 wrote: »
    And I reckon if the 32GB isn't selling too well, they won't even bother with a 64GB model. Remember they promised to make a 32GB S2 as well but it never showed up. Internal storage isn't really important when theres already a microSD slot, and lets face it, buying a 16GB model, and then getting a 16GB microSD will be a hell of a lot cheaper than getting a 32GB model when it is finally generally released..

Mark my words, very few will get 32GB versions, never mind 64GB, very few would need a potential 128Gb in a smartphone, as nice as the option of having it, is. Sure even if you get a 16GB model, for about 25€ with a 32GB microSD, you will get 48GB of overall storage, you could also get a 64GB microSD if you really wanted it :)

You're spot on Zonda!
    I had a 16GB S2 and never needed any extra storage, even though I had a 16GB microSD card lying around, I never needed to add it to the phone, and most users won't either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

What should I do?
    Hang onto my iPhone 4 (not S) and see what the 5 is like or take the plunge and order an S3??

Tbh I'm getting sick of everyone on the Luas having the same phone as me so leaning towards switching 😳

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭racer1

The Three prices are quite good. But i am waiting to see what o2 offer.

Would I better off getting it on pre order with three or just go into the local store when it's released?

Would I better off getting it on pre order with three or just go into the local store when it's released?

If you are going with Three probably better off pre ordering... What colour you getting?

The dark coloured one what ever colour that is then flog off the S2 that I got last november.

• Advertisement

The dark coloured one what ever colour that is then flog off the S2 that I got last november.

Getting the white one for a change. Im going to buy mine thru the carphonewarehouse and trade in my S2. I let it drop last week when i was a bit p.... and put a dent in it so not going to sell it privately:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Went for the pre-order on-line with Three myself. I was thinking today that every phone I ever had (Bar the Nokia 6110 and 7110) was black and so just to be diffident I've gone for the White one. Wife gone for the blue so I'll know right away if that was a mistake... Lol maybe my first and last white phone!

Cant wait to play now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Where can I pre-order for a sim free one? Have a buyer for my S2 so decided I'd splash out and get the s3.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Can't see an english flag? It the option to translate into english available?

If you use google chrome, it will translate it for you.

Roughly how long of a wait to receive this if I order from the german amazon site? A few weeks?
    I would say inside 7days. They tend to ship online stuff a day in advance so it won't be too late compared to picking one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Ordered mien with three, I was on a sim only contract and taught it best to get it for free with them than spend 600 on it elsewhere. Should hopefully have it on launch day.

Also, saw the 64GB microsd cards are going for €56 euro on Amazon.de, so will have to pick one of them up.

• Advertisement

Thor wrote: »
    Ordered mien with three, I was on a sim only contract and taught it best to get it for free with them than spend 600 on it elsewhere. Should hopefully have it on launch day.

Also, saw the 64GB microsd cards are going for €56 euro on Amazon.de, so will have to pick one of them up.

This the one yeah? http://www.amazon.de/SanDisk-Ultra-microSDHC-Speicherkarte-Adapter/dp/B007JTKM30/ref=acc_glance_ce_ai_ps_t_7

Advertisement