Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

France V Ireland – Stade de France, Paris. Sunday 4th March 15:00 RTE2 & BBC2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Beubeu

smurphy29 wrote: »
    It's not so much that they don't understand the role of 10 jacothelad (though obviously they don't, that they so obviously have an axe to grind with a player whose greatest misdeed has been to 'not be ROG.' It's pathetic.

This thread actually fills me with sadness. I saw the pictures from the 2000 win recently, and there was an innocence to it that's been lost. No way back then would there have been anything like the spite and bile that some supposed 'fans' have towards certain players.

Am I wrong to believe that this is not stranger to the Provincial success in Hcup, and all the craziness around the players?
    When I arrived in Ireland I have witnessed the rise of Munster and it was great craic, somehow around 2004-2005 rugby and Munster lost his spirit and a wave of so-call experts invaded Thomond Park. I cant talk about Leinster but it was maybe the same.

I was in a pub with my brother in law (an Irish man who supports Munster) when Palisson was kicked badly by Flannery's. I remember all the pub standing and cheering about it. Rugby lost his spirit so whats next? Hooligans? I hope not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭ironingbored

teednab-el wrote: »
    It's reality and my analysis is to the point. We have a kicker that can't place kick.

10/12 kicks in two games.

What planet are you living on?

Notice the lack of "thanks" to your posts?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Spudmonkey wrote: »
    But it seems that Murray will be fit for the semi final so maybe this will all be avoided.

Where did you hear this?
    Well I'm only guessing on the back of Michael Corcoran saying its not serious. Not serious to me means he won't be out for a month.

But I suppose serious can mean different things, so who really knows at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

I take it you mean the quarter final?

durkadurka wrote: »
    I take it you mean the quarter final?
    Yes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Beubeu

Well I'm only guessing on the back of Michael Corcoran saying its not serious. Not serious to me means he won't be out for a month.

But I suppose serious can mean different things, so who really knows at this stage.

Last week for Maxime Medard they were saying its ok and now he is out for 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭vixdname

Sexton missed a howler today in front of the posts, cost us 3 points and a win in Paris. Never will be as good as O Gara for place kicking. We wait on for a win in Paris, hopefully not for another 30years.

Hear Hear

Podge_irl wrote: »
    A missed kick with less than 10 minutes gone has never and will never cost a team a victory.

A missed kick ANYTIME during a match can always cost a team a victory, its simple maths

• Registered Users Posts: 16,708 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

vixdname wrote: »
    Hear Hear

Do you not think you may be wrong when everyone on this thread, bar 1 or 2, thinks Sexton had a good game?

Yeah but he should have gone for a drop at goal in the last 10 minutes when he was within range. If that was O Gara he would have the balls to nail it, like the GS in 2009. We don't get too many chances to beat the French in Paris.

Dont mention the GS in 2009, some people on this forum think because it happened 3 years ago its not worth mentioning :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Dont mention the GS in 2009, some people on this forum think because it happened 3 years ago its not worth mentioning :rolleyes:

What relevance does it have now so?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

A missed kick ANYTIME during a match can always cost a team a victory, its simple maths

are-you-serious[1].jpg

3 years ago is ancient history in sporting terms.

We're talking about whether or not ROG should start for Ireland and the answer is no.

I think some people forget that we beat England in 2009 despite ROG doing his best to hand them the game. I think he missed all his kicks at goal.

I'm sure they were willing to forgive him his misses. So why not do the same for Sexton?

Clegg wrote: »
    Do you not think you may be wrong when everyone on this thread, bar 1 or 2, thinks Sexton had a good game?

I have my opinion, just as you do, I wont follow the crowd if I believe the crowd are wrong at some level

After OGaras performance against England in 2009 he should never play for Ireland again. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

After OGaras performance against England in 2009 he should never play for Ireland again. :/

Ha ha what about his miss for Munster in the HEC final in 2000!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Ferris was injured last season, he should never play for Ireland again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

:rolleyes: allways 1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,329 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

That is utterly idiotic logic.

The game would not have played out exactly the same if the kick went over. A solitary missed kick 5 minutes in is no excuse or proper cause for losing a game. The team had plenty of chances to win that game in the following 75 minutes.

I have my opinion, just as you do, I wont follow the crowd if I believe the crowd are wrong at some level

So can we hear your opinion as to why ROG should be starting ahead of Sexton? And don't just trot out the usual goal kicking stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

I can't believe what I'm reading. I just refuse to believe it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

redarmy wrote: »
    :rolleyes: allways 1
    You may have fallen into the sarchasm there...

Folks, if this is going to remain open ye need to move on from this ROG v JS scheisse.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Clegg wrote: »

It's frustrating, I like rugby, played a bit as a kid in school, I'm no expert and I know it! This forum is great, there's a core group of people that know their beans. Rugby is getting very very popular and from what I can gather there are three groups of people on this forum;

Group one - ex-players or very enthusiastic supporters, know their beans.

Group two - enthusiastic supporters, lurk, watch, listen and learn. (me).

Group two - mouth offs.

The third group are localised and province obsessed, dying to put players from opposing provinces down and think all a kicker does is kick!

It's the internet... Some people find it really satisfying to bash and put people down anonymously on their armchair. It's annoying, immature, but it's human nature. They haven't experienced the work that goes in to competitive sport.

That's only a small downside of rugby getting popular.

The upside of it is when I look at schools rugby on Setanta. These young fella's are so impressive. They are incredible players, talented, strong, dedicated and the matches are very enjoyable.

It's hard to ignore the gobsheite comments, but.. Everyone has an opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jackal

A real shame we didn't get some points on the board in the second half. We looked static and slightly out of ideas coupled with some unfortunately timed mistakes. One thing I would love to see is throwing to the front for line outs when the darts are off.

Great first half though. Kearny... What the hell is he having for breakfast these days, peerless at the moment.

Podge_irl wrote: »
    That is utterly idiotic logic.

The game would not have played out exactly the same if the kick went over. A solitary missed kick 5 minutes in is no excuse or proper cause for losing a game. The team had plenty of chances to win that game in the following 75 minutes.

If Sexton hadnt fluffed that kick today and the rest of the team played as they did would we or wouldnt we have won he game today, yes or no ?

andyman wrote: »
    I can't believe what I'm reading. I just refuse to believe it.

Well dont read it and go to bed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

If Sexton hadnt fluffed that kick today and the rest of the team played as they did would we or wouldnt we have won he game today, yes or no ?

And if Parra had slotted the 2 he missed the French would have won

and if my aunt had balls she'd be my......guess it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

And if my Auntie had balls......

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    And if Parra had slotted the 2 he missed the French would have won

and if my aunt had balls she'd be my......guess it?

Lover probably

• Advertisement

Madworld wrote: »
    And if my Auntie had balls......

Stop copying fishhook12

Advertisement