Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Fantasy Football Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Anyone thinking Bosingwa?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Anyone thinking Bosingwa?

Just can't be sure he'll start the 2nd game and with Ivanovic suspended for the CL final he might be rested for the last game of the season. Don't think it's worth the risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Ramires may be a good shout - on form and likely to be played so others can rest for the CL final.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭no12

Maybe get Pienaar or VDV in for Sessegnon or McClean preferably. Now wouldn't be a bad time to change you're goalkeeper as neither have particularly good fixtures in GW37/38. Howard is decent option to come in for Vorm. That could wait until next week I suppose considering Mignolet has Bol(H).

Cheers I shipped McClean for Pienaar and Valencia for VDV as he has them both. I am banking on Spurs grabbing a few goals and with the fixtures they have and I hope their poor form comes to end real soon!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Already taken a 4-point hit to get Jelavic and Dempsey in, so BAE can sit in my team with Kompany ready to come in as first sub

No way am I taking a points hit for a defender

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Got rid of Ekotto for Walker.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Yea he'll probably be back on the bench.

My team is disintegrating. BAE out. Walcott gone. Santon will probably be back on the bench. Transferred Rooney out and stuck with RVP.

My transfers for next week are huge. Gonna have to really think them through. I've fallen to 4,000 overall. My worst ranking in over 7 gameweeks. I need a big score this week to get back on track.

I think Santon has done very well and could keep his spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I think Santon has done very well and could keep his spot.

Well I'm fecking hoping he does. I'll be very low on defenders this week and I'm really not looking forward to the Manchester derby. I can't see a CS for either Evans or Lescott.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Already taken a 4-point hit to get Jelavic and Dempsey in, so BAE can sit in my team with Kompany ready to come in as first sub

I'm the same, already taken a 4 point hit to get in players, Cahill and BAE will prob just have to sit on the bench.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

So are BAE and Cahill definitely out yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I'd consider a dgw defender you fancy to get a cs. that's 8 pts if they keep one, more if they manage 2. versus a 4 pt hit. kompany may keep a cs but I'd be highly surprised, so that'd be likely 1-2 pts. Everton def's are my punt. plus they've got wolves the week after, followed by home to Newcastle. jagielka would be a solid bet, pretty much guaranteed starter, might even grab a goal over the remaining fixtures, hibbert also showed he's a threat, 2 assists against United, and he costs peanuts. would also leave you some spare £, for transfers gw37/38 (get in Nani maybe???) Anyway just offering some ideas, I know you're near the top, would be sweet to see a Boardsie go all the way...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

It's wildcard time :D

It's wildcard time :D

give ya 2 euro for it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

manual_man wrote: »
    give ya 2 euro for it

Deal :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Mr Moon wrote: »
    So are BAE and Cahill definitely out yet?

Almost certainly.

I'd consider a dgw defender you fancy to get a cs. that's 8 pts if they keep one, more if they manage 2. versus a 4 pt hit. kompany may keep a cs but I'd be highly surprised, so that'd be likely 1-2 pts. Everton def's are my punt. plus they've got wolves the week after, followed by home to Newcastle. jagielka would be a solid bet, pretty much guaranteed starter, might even grab a goal over the remaining fixtures, hibbert also showed he's a threat, 2 assists against United, and he costs peanuts. would also leave you some spare £, for transfers gw37/38 (get in Nani maybe???) Anyway just offering some ideas, I know you're near the top, would be sweet to see a Boardsie go all the way...

That's some mighty fine arm twisting there :D

Making me rethink

That's some mighty fine arm twisting there :D

Making me rethink

:pac:

Go for it!!

BAE out
    Jagielka in

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Ramires may be a good shout - on form and likely to be played so others can rest for the CL final.

:confused:

He has woeful league form and the CL Final's not for a good few weeks yet. Just checked his stats there - he hasn't scored more than 3 points in a game since January and has scored 3 points total in his last 4 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

So is it excitement or dread tonight?

My last 3 weeks have been slightly held back in prep for this one, so I'm looking forward to this week more than any so far.

I think the DGW coming at the same time as the City-United game is quite poignant. It's all or nothing this week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

carlcon wrote: »

From a money league point of view I wish the DGW was behind us. Am ahead at the mo, and by a bit in 2 of the 3 I'm in but this week has the potential to screw things up.

From a game point of view though its been the most enjoyable for a while. First week in ages I'm still v undecided on Friday night as to how many transfers to make, who tto transfer, who to captain and who to bench. Most, if not all of the last 6-7 weeks there was barely a decision to be madel.

Biggest pain in the ass though, is no early game tomorrow. Hate that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

carlcon wrote: »

My last 3 weeks have been slightly held back in prep for this one, so I'm looking forward to this week more than any so far.

I think the DGW coming at the same time as the City-United game is quite poignant. It's all or nothing this week!

Yeah a bit more nervous for this week alright. Mainly because I took an 8 point hit to get in 3 everton players.....based on previous double gameweeks is never a good idea. Sure we'll wait and see :rolleyes:

Nani a doubt now limped out of training

Lads if you were to pick one of these to start who would it be Valencia/Kompany/Albrighton/RVP thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16,640 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Lads if you were to pick one of these to start who would it be Valencia/Kompany/Albrighton/RVP thanks

RVP,purely on the penalty factor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Stephen Kelly with a dgw or one of Rooney, Valencia or Evans?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

anybody know of any Chelsea players likely to play both games?

anybody know of any Chelsea players likely to play both games?

JT

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

JT

Cheers

what about Bosingwa?

• Advertisement

JT

Cheers

what about Bosingwa?

Good chance too. Though there's always Ferreira. And Ivanvic is back for the 2nd game. Torres up front might be a good bet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement