Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Fantasy Football Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Does anyone think United won't keep a cleanie against Everton this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

manual_man wrote: »

With Baines out I think that is less likely. Jelavic is in form so if they create one chance for him he could bury it. It would be risky to go into this week without Evans though.

With Baines out I think that is less likely. Jelavic is in form so if they create one chance for him he could bury it. It would be risky to go into this week without Evans though.

yeah I just don't know. Everton have been on good attacking form lately, especially with Pienaar in the team

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Everyone and their mother will have Evans starting this weekend. If you know of someone who is better placed to score more than him, let me know!

Dempsey wrote: »
    Everyone and their mother will have Evans starting this weekend. If you know of someone who is better placed to score more than him, let me know!

Ezekiel Fryers?

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

it would be fair funny if wolves won on saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

It would be nothing short of a miracle !!

(especially as they are playing on sunday)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Maybe they might Wigan it

Wigan (verb): To do nothing for a long period before being saved by brief brilliance. Example: "Did nothing all year but Wiganed my exams"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Krul doubtful ? 75% chance of playing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

They haven't conceded at home in the league since early February, a late consolation for Liverpool.

• Advertisement

Krul doubtful ? 75% chance of playing

I'll be waiting on Pardew's press conference before making a decision so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I'll be waiting on Pardew's press conference before making a decision so.

Pardew said today that he jarred his back but should be ok. I reckon he'll play. Too big a game to miss at this stage of the season. If he's really bad then they've got decent cover in Harper.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/04/19/tim-krul-a-slight-doubt-for-newcastle-v-stoke-clash-72703-30796103/

Pardew said today that he jarred his back but should be ok. I reckon he'll play. Too big a game to miss at this stage of the season. If he's really bad then they've got decent cover in Harper.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/04/19/tim-krul-a-slight-doubt-for-newcastle-v-stoke-clash-72703-30796103/

One good jossle in the air from a Stoke player like Huth & awkward landing at a corner could get him subbed and Harper is only back from injury. I was going to play Krul and Simpson, I'll have to rethink this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Rastapitts

weeks ago Dempsey would have been a nailed on certainty for captaincy but the way wigan are playing now im unsure

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

One good jossle in the air from a Stoke player like Huth & awkward landing at a corner could get him subbed and Harper is only back from injury. I was going to play Krul and Simpson, I'll have to rethink this...

Forgot they were playing Stoke. I've got Santon so it doesn't really matter to me. He's probably not going to play. I'm more worried about the other end of the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Young has a knock according to Fergie but should be ok .

Wouldn't be surprised if he's benched with Nani and Valencia starting .

Young has a knock according to Fergie but should be ok .

Wouldn't be surprised if he's benched with Nani and Valencia starting .

they might not want to risk him before the Olympics

• Registered Users Posts: 9,354 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Bolton v Swansea City: Brendan Rodgers ready to shake up squad

Is it just me or does the headline completely contradict the quotes in the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Not sure what to do with my midfield this week. Gonna start Silva, Bale and Tony V but my other 2 are Siggy (v Bolton a) or Ben Arfa (v Stoke h).

Opinions?

keano_afc wrote: »
    Not sure what to do with my midfield this week. Gonna start Silva, Bale and Tony V but my other 2 are Siggy (v Bolton a) or Ben Arfa (v Stoke h).

Opinions?

Would have to go with Ben Arfa as first choice as he has been in great form.
    Siggy also seems to do better away from home, at least in that last few matches.
    I would play both and go with a 5 man midfield.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

keano_afc wrote: »

Opinions?

I'd nearly drop Tony V against Everton, I don't see Utd running riot.

Or depends on your strikers, 5 man mid with them players seems like a nice plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Thanks lads. Front 3 at the moment is RvP, Rooney and Cisse. Looking to shift one of the big 2 for Tevez and play 3 strikers, hence the dilemma in midfield. Really not sure what to do. Siggy is great away from home and Bolton have lost their last 2. Ben Arfa is in great form. But so are my front 3!

No idea what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

this drop RvP or Rooney for Aguerro or Tevez scenario is killing me. I have a wildcard which i'm going to play next week so i'm looking purely at this week

miller82 wrote: »
    this drop RvP or Rooney for Aguerro or Tevez scenario is killing me. I have a wildcard which i'm going to play next week so i'm looking purely at this week

Yep this is going to make or break people as much as the double game week I feel.

Firstly if you drop the wrong one you will be down a load of points and then if you pick the wrong city striker you will be down another load of points :confused:

So you will either be lucky and pull away at the top/move a lot closer to the top
    or
    drop your lead at the top/fall away from the top

It really is a coin toss this one, no amount of stats are going to help I feel :( sadly

I just need someone on here to confirm 100% which is the correct move to make :)

miller82 wrote: »
    I just need someone on here to confirm 100% which is the correct move to make :)

No problem !

will do so at 6pm on Sunday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

I'm staying away from the whole City beating Wolves into the middle of next week bandwagon. I've kept Rooney and RvP and instead have brought in Cisse for Torres. He's at home to Stoke and has a DGW next week. Silva is my captain so when City do hammer Wolves hopefully he gets in on the act.

In my opinion there's more to be gained from the DGW coming up than making a 50/50 call Rooney or RvP.

done - Rvp and Sessgnon out
    > Aguerro and Dempsey in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

Who would the best cheap midfielder be to bring in? I'm making the Aguero leap, but trying to keep RVP and Rooney too. So dropping Walcott and haven 5.8 for a replacement. Already have McLean and Sigurdsson.
    Was thinking of Petrov for Bolton as they play twice next two game weeks. Any other options I'm missing?

• Advertisement

Did Pardew give a press conference today? Any update on Krul's injury?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement