Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Fantasy Football Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 del fuego

jimbling wrote: »
    Who would the best cheap midfielder be to bring in? I'm making the Aguero leap, but trying to keep RVP and Rooney too. So dropping Walcott and haven 5.8 for a replacement. Already have McLean and Sigurdsson.
    Was thinking of Petrov for Bolton as they play twice next two game weeks. Any other options I'm missing?

Cabaye has a double next week, and costs 5.8.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Fulham's Stephen Kelly has just been red flagged with an expected return date of the 28th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

I'm taking the if in doubt do nothing approach to the Aguero/Tevez problem. Going into this week with no City attack is going to be terrifying though.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Juxtapose

already did rooney - aguero but thinking walcott - dempsey for a 4 point hit might be worth it.
    cant afford him doing well against wigan as 2 teams chasing me have him. take the hit now or wait till next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

finding it VERY hard to pick a starting 11 this week... currently have Valencia and Evans benched

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Juxtapose wrote: »
    already did rooney - aguero but thinking walcott - dempsey for a 4 point hit might be worth it.
    cant afford him doing well against wigan as 2 teams chasing me have him. take the hit now or wait till next week?

If your getting him next week anyway, do it this week. This week and GW37 are the appealing games for Dempsey. I don't expect too much from the double.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,828 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

manual_man wrote: »
    finding it VERY hard to pick a starting 11 this week... currently have Valencia and Evans benched

same as that
    keep changing my bench

sess, bae skrtel and reina are there at the min
    but i dont see valencia or mig doing much, unsure bout walcott or caulker too
    but i tend to go with swansea if im not sure anymore
    not sure bout arsenal this week, depends on what kind
    of team chelsea put out but id imagine after the midweek
    heroics that itll be good for arsenal

mailburner wrote: »

same as that
    keep changing my bench

sess, bae skrtel and reina are there at the min
    but i dont see valencia or mig doing much, unsure bout walcott or caulker too
    but i tend to go with swansea if im not sure anymore
    not sure bout arsenal this week, depends on what kind
    of team chelsea put out but id imagine after the midweek
    heroics that itll be good for arsenal

yeah I have rvp and walcott starting. I have Shawcross as my third defender. just have a feeling that could be a bore draw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

How bad is the wolves keeper de vries who will be playing on sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I hear he is 8 feet wide and 10 foot tall,moves like a cheetah with hands the size of cars..........defo going to stop a City goal fest i reckon :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

He's handy enough, solid enough in the SPL and he was the Swansea keeper when they were in League One to promotion via playoff. Hasnt played a EPL match though, he could stop bullets or pull a Ruddy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭skippy15

thinking of Walcott to demps and captaining demps- Y/N? :confused:

skippy15 wrote: »

Wigan have been playing well in recent weeks but Fulham will be more patient than the big teams have been and will be well aware of them after the Arsenal match. I think it will be a close match, who else do you have?

201410.png

Is that my strongest 11?

Still not convinced that Newcastle or Swansea will keep a clean sheet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Dempsey wrote: »
    201410.png

Is that my strongest 11?

Still not convinced that Newcastle or Swansea will keep a clean sheet

yea that what id go with too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I put Tevez and Aguero in for next week because I think City will run riot at Wolves and score 5 or 6 goals. A gamble, but one I'm prepared to take.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Juxtapose

skippy15 wrote: »

Im still debating doing this transfer.. would be for a 4 point hit and both people behind in my league have dempsey.

dont think i want to take the hit as i will prob take one next week, but its so tempting especially as ill be getting him next week!
    wigan have to crumble eventually right?

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭cup of tea

Martin Jol said that Pog and Aj are back fit so that means by the time the DGW comes around Demps will be pushed back into midfield again more then likely

Any early lineups for the Arsenal game??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I'll be the Wolves City match will be a dull 0-0 now after everyone stocking up on City players expecting a route!!

• Advertisement

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I'll be the Wolves City match will be a dull 0-0 now after everyone stocking up on City players expecting a route!!

Down with that sort of thing :mad:

5-0 to Cit-eh with a brace from Silva! :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I've captained Tevez so I'm hoping for a route too, but it'd be typical if that happened :p

Mr Moon wrote: »

I've captained Tevez so I'm hoping for a route too, but it'd be typical if that happened :p

Haha. Well who knows. Nobody expected them to get a cs against Sunderland! Though with the form City are on I'd expect them to destroy them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

del fuego wrote: »
    Cabaye has a double next week, and costs 5.8.

Why thank you good sir :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28 del fuego

jimbling wrote: »
    Why thank you good sir :D

Glad it's worked out for you. Now anything he does next week will be a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Anyone else find that money is not really an issue right now? Just played a wildcard to set myself up for the double gameweek and the two weeks after, and I have £8.4 million left in the bank. Feel kinda bad having it just sit there, but the in form and favourable fixture players right now aren't that expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

OctavarIan wrote: »
    Anyone else find that money is not really an issue right now? Just played a wildcard to set myself up for the double gameweek and the two weeks after, and I have £8.4 million left in the bank. Feel kinda bad having it just sit there, but the in form and favourable fixture players right now aren't that expensive.

Course it doesnt, pretty much irrelevant in the last few GW's. Thats before we get into the madness of the last GW of the season where form often goes completely out the window unless the team has something to play for or is playing at home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Thanos wrote: »
    No problem !

will do so at 6pm on Sunday :D

So..........................
    It seems the way to go was drop RVP and keep Rooney (I did I the opposite :mad:)
    And to go with Aguero over Tevez (of course I went with Tevez)

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Anyone thinking of loading up on Spurs players, there's big rumours of unrest in the camp, so you may be better served looking elsewhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,689 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Anyone thinking of loading up on Spurs players, there's big rumours of unrest in the camp, so you may be better served looking elsewhere

Yeah I had planned on getting in VDV now I'm thinking Pineaar instead. Might take an 8 point hit
    Valencia, Sig and Greham out, Pineaar, Cabaye and Cisse to come in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement