Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Fantasy Football Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

With my disappointing week that I've had, having made all the changes I deemed neccesary for the upcoming DGW, I decided that something else which must simply be done to strengthen my team and bring along good fortune, was a change in kit, which I think you'll agree, is rather lovely and ties in with my club name.

wvo70z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

With my disappointing week that I've had, having made all the changes I deemed neccesary for the upcoming DGW, I decided that something else which must simply be done to strengthen my team and bring along good fortune, was a change in kit, which I think you'll agree, is rather lovely and ties in with my club name.

Ha I changed my team-name a few months ago and the difference was unreal. I've shot up about 100,000 places.

I used the same name that I had for my team in the American football FF league. It was my first year doing that and I won every trophy in the league and my team was by far the best.

It's obviously a complete and utter coincidence that the change made such a difference for me but I like to think that it played a major part. It gave my players a new lease of life to be fair. They were able to break free from the shackles of the previous regime :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Ha I changed my team-name a few months ago and the difference was unreal. I've shot up about 100,000 places.

I used the same name that I had for my team in the American football FF league. It was my first year doing that and I won every trophy in the league and my team was by far the best.

It's obviously a complete and utter coincidence that the change made such a difference for me but I like to think that it played a major part. It gave my players a new lease of life to be fair. They were able to break free from the shackles of the previous regime :pac:.

Yes, it's gives it a breathe of fresh air, I don't think it coincidence at all, it is pleasing to the gods of Football Fantasy, and they in turn have rewarded you well, I only wish I had changed my team kit sooner, for as soon as I had so in December, my team rose greatly and showed no fear, picking up points like there was no tomorrow. It is fate.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Thanos wrote: »
    So..........................
    It seems the way to go was drop RVP and keep Rooney (I did I the opposite :mad:)
    And to go with Aguero over Tevez (of course I went with Tevez)

Yep did the same moves myself, at a 4 point hit to get Tevez in for Rooney. Coupled with having Rooney as captain the week RVP scored high, and the opposite the following week. Captain choice has cost me a massive amount of points the last 3 weeks and has seen me drop from 3rd to 15th in boards league :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

A bloody brain fart this week, out went Rooney (who was my captain at the time) and in came Tevez. Decided to stick with van Persie. A net loss of 16 points which saw me slip to second in my league. I wouldnt mind but I'm normally so cautious regarding transfers, and that one was made at 11am on Saturday.

On to next week. Jelavic in for Tevez, giving me 6 DGW players. Jelavic, Cisse, Bale, Simpson, Bogdan and Ben Arfa. Who to captain?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

keano_afc wrote: »
    A bloody brain fart this week, out went Rooney (who was my captain at the time) and in came Tevez. Decided to stick with van Persie. A net loss of 16 points which saw me slip to second in my league. I wouldnt mind but I'm normally so cautious regarding transfers, and that one was made at 11am on Saturday.

On to next week. Jelavic in for Tevez, giving me 6 DGW players. Jelavic, Cisse, Bale, Simpson, Bogdan and Ben Arfa. Who to captain?

I am finding it hard to look past Cisse for the double gameweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

Managed to keep my place in the boards league this week. 69 :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Managed to keep my place in the boards league this week. 69 :cool:

Fitting post tally too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

56 so far, with Martin Petrov to play again tomorrow night.
    15 ahead in lge now, and broke thru the 2000 barrier :)

Other guy in contention has no Bolton/Villa players so hopefully Petrov had the game of his life!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭no12

Right guys need your help please after falling behind mate in private league he has a 40 point lead and need to reel him in my team below:

Vorm/Mignolet
    Kelly, Enrique, Verm, Evans, Simpson
    Sess,McClean, Siggy, Valencia, Bale
    Cisse, Aguero, RVP
    I've used my transfer this week shipped Walcott for Bale.

His team is and he has 2 free transfer this week:
    Vorm/Krul
    Cahill, Bardsley, Evans, Kelly, Shawcross
    Siggy, Valencia, Demp, Walcott, McClean
    Cisse, Rooney & RVP

Is it worth taking an 8 point to get a few more DGW in and if so who do we recommend.. I've had a really good season so far into the top 7k overall. Any tips much appreciated...

• Advertisement

no12 wrote: »
    Right guys need your help please after falling behind mate in private league he has a 40 point lead and need to reel him in my team below:

Vorm/Mignolet
    Kelly, Enrique, Verm, Evans, Simpson
    Sess,McClean, Siggy, Valencia, Bale
    Cisse, Aguero, RVP
    I've used my transfer this week shipped Walcott for Bale.

His team is and he has 2 free transfer this week:
    Vorm/Krul
    Cahill, Bardsley, Evans, Kelly, Shawcross
    Siggy, Valencia, Demp, Walcott, McClean
    Cisse, Rooney & RVP

Is it worth taking an 8 point to get a few more DGW in and if so who do we recommend.. I've had a really good season so far into the top 7k overall. Any tips much appreciated...

Maybe get Pienaar or VDV in for Sessegnon or McClean preferably. Now wouldn't be a bad time to change you're goalkeeper as neither have particularly good fixtures in GW37/38. Howard is decent option to come in for Vorm. That could wait until next week I suppose considering Mignolet has Bol(H).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

A warrant has been issued for Pienaar because he never showed up to court for questioning about who was driving his car when it was caught speeding.

I wonder if that means he's effed for the DGW?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

carlcon wrote: »
    A warrant has been issued for Pienaar because he never showed up to court for questioning about who was driving his car when it was caught speeding.

I wonder if that means he's effed for the DGW?

Seems like he'll be okay

http://www.kickoff.com/news/28112/steven-pienaar-warrant-withdrawn.php
    The warrant for Steven Pienaar's arrest for alleged outstanding speeding fines has been withdrawn, KickOff.com can reveal.

News coming out of the Bafana Bafana midfielder's camp is that the issue is now in the hands of Pienaar's lawyer.

Media reports alleged that Pienaar was caught speeding twice in 11 days, on the same road, and he was said to have dodged a court date.

The warrant was issued on Monday and according to UK law Pienaar was obliged to let authorities know who was behind the wheel.

But news of the warrant for his arrest caught the Everton star by surprise – he had no idea that there were alleged outstanding speeding fines.

Can't possibly pick any Chelsea players for the DGW now bar the ones who have been banned for the final.

Yup. Mata was always in my plans long before the Barca games, but now there's no way. I was contemplating a 4 point hit to get him in if they got knocked out tonight, but now I'll do without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

What about Cahill?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

No news, but you would imagine he would almost literally be wrapped in cotton wool till the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cunninstunt

Why the concern over the Chelsea players, Champions League final is not until the 19th of May, surely they will still play a strong team for the next 3 matches. can understand it will be a much changed side for the last gameweek but they still have to push hard to finish in the top four. The newcastle game will be massive for them. I had Mata in my plans as well and am still debating him, I'm just not sure because he isn't playing as regularly at the moment, has been rotated quite a bit. Dempsey may be a better option for me.

The concern I have is that with so many players ruled out of the final already the last thing they'll want is Lampard or Mata missing. I think they'll get a few minutes to keep them ticking over but I really doubt that they'll be getting the whole 90.

Some of the players will be doing their utmost to get into the team for the final and they might be the players to pick. The likes of Cole, Lampard and Mata are pretty much guaranteed a spot and as such I can't see them being any use over the next few weeks. They won't commit to every tackle for fear of getting injured and being ruled out that way.

Why the concern over the Chelsea players, Champions League final is not until the 19th of May, surely they will still play a strong team for the next 3 matches. can understand it will be a much changed side for the last gameweek but they still have to push hard to finish in the top four. The newcastle game will be massive for them. I had Mata in my plans as well and am still debating him, I'm just not sure because he isn't playing as regularly at the moment, has been rotated quite a bit. Dempsey may be a better option for me.

FA Cup final too. Their schedule is ridiculously packed. The chances of Mata playing both games are very slim. Especially since he's already been shown to be a target for rest rotation in recent weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

With doubts over Luiz and Cahill, and possible rest for other defensive players, surely Ivanovic and Terry are nailed on for all remaining games. Ivan is a little riskier but knows where the goal is!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cunninstunt

Must admit I had forgotten about the FA Cup game, this might just sway me towards Dempsey so Not much else in the 9.6 bracket, already have Bale, Pienaar and Valencia.

Just in case the congestion of games wasn't clear for others

Chelsea v QPR Sun 29 Apr 13:30

Chelsea v Newcastle Wed 2 May 19:45

Chelsea v Liverpool (FA Cup) Sat 5 May 17:15

Liverpool v Chelsea Tue 8 May 20:00

You won't see 4 games in 10 days too often in modern football.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    With doubts over Luiz and Cahill, and possible rest for other defensive players, surely Ivanovic and Terry are nailed on for all remaining games. Ivan is a little riskier but knows where the goal is!

Ivanovic is suspended for the QPR game so any double week appeal is gone for him.

Since when did BAE only have a "25% chance of playing"??? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Came up sometime this morning :(

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7701849/Harry-targets-four-wins

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Harry Redknapp: "We've lost some key players at the wrong time, Kaboul, Dawson and now Assou-Ekotto. Three defenders look like they're out for the rest of the season so it's been difficult."

source: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7701849/Harry-targets-four-wins

Ah Jebus, I can't get a break here. Arteta getting injured when I most needed him, Walcott remembering he's made of glass, then Senderos deciding he's going to play again and score 11 point on my bench, now BAE gone.

Looks like I need that 4 point hit after all.

I'm right in thinking Senderos only played because Kelly was out, and will be back on the bench for the DGW, right?

Ah Jebus, I can't get a break here. Arteta getting injured when I most needed him, Walcott remembering he's made of glass, then Senderos deciding he's going to play again and score 11 point on my bench, now BAE gone.

Looks like I need that 4 point hit after all.

I'm right in thinking Senderos only played because Kelly was out, and will be back on the bench for the DGW, right?

Yea he'll probably be back on the bench.

My team is disintegrating. BAE out. Walcott gone. Santon will probably be back on the bench. Transferred Rooney out and stuck with RVP.

My transfers for next week are huge. Gonna have to really think them through. I've fallen to 4,000 overall. My worst ranking in over 7 gameweeks. I need a big score this week to get back on track.

• Advertisement

Not sure whether I want to risk Terry playing in both games, or just make a straight swap for Walker.

I know Chelsea are short on defenders so Terry is likely to play, but he's been in and out a lot with various knocks and cracked ribs lately.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement