Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Fantasy Football Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Lemlin wrote: »
    This is probably going to start another argument with you but why the sudden emphasis on luck?

Fine, it was bad decision making.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Have the league tables updated yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Juxtapose

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Have the league tables updated yet?

i still have no idea, i feel i should have more of a lead after beating 2nd place in my ML by 30 points, but its yet to show that.

frustrating enough this season of how close it is without the indecision of not knowing for days after..

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beaver111

i done 7 transfers 24 point hit scored 137 when will the points be taken end of game week or end of season

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Looking forward to the end of the season. I've had a terrible last two weeks; 40 and 96. Dropped out of the top 2k down to 4,500. Feel like I can't make any real decisions any more.

It's been a long 9 months since we kicked off. Checking it every week and trying to think of who to pick as captain or who to transfer has finally taken it's toll. All I an say is thank god I'm only managing a fantasy team and not an actual team. I can understand how Pep Guardiola is feeling at the moment :P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

beaver111 wrote: »
    i done 7 transfers 24 point hit scored 137 when will the points be taken end of game week or end of season
    They would have been taken from your overall score on saturday night when saturdays scores were added. They are not really shown as been taken from your GW score except in H2H leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

Dont know what ye are complaining about, I have a really good team and scored 57. same sh1t different week. Had bale as captain to highlight how poor the rest did.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

Need Help big time.

Big money league Im first but the lad behind has now caught up and only 12 points in the difference now.

Any help on transfers greatly appreciated. Ive only one free transfer.
    Included my team and his team below.

My Team
    Krul
    Hibbert Wheater Caulker

Dempsey Sigurdsson Bale Valencia

Aguero Jelavic Cisse

Subs: Vorm
    McClean Evans J Assou-Ekotto

My Opponent
    Krul

McAuley Hibbert Simpson Clichy

Valencia Mata Ramires

Van Persie Cisse Rooney
    Subs:
    Ruddy Evans J McClean Allen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

james123 wrote: »
    Need Help big time.

Big money league Im first but the lad behind has now caught up and only 12 points in the difference now.

Any help on transfers greatly appreciated. Ive only one free transfer.
    Included my team and his team below.

My Team
    Krul
    Hibbert Wheater Caulker

Dempsey Sigurdsson Bale Valencia

Aguero Jelavic Cisse

Subs: Vorm
    McClean Evans J Assou-Ekotto

My Opponent
    Krul

McAuley Hibbert Simpson Clichy

Valencia Mata Ramires

Van Persie Cisse Rooney
    Subs:
    Ruddy Evans J McClean Allen

Would get in Mosses for sure, he is on form and last two games should yield some points. Also maybe think of getting in Rooney.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Whilst it may only last a few hours,for a brief time carlcon was not the highest points total on boards

ff_12.jpg

sry for the pic size

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Juxtapose

Not sure why im contemplating this...

10 point lead over 2nd place, 15 over 3rd. both have rooney/rvp. i have rvp, cisse and jelly.

ive a feeling rooney if he turns up could lose me the league.
    is it worth an 8 point hit to do cisse-rooney and sigurdson-moses

have to do both as im 0.2 off doing a straight swap.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Juxtapose wrote: »
    10 point lead...

...8 point hit

You do the math.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I see 3 Villa players were involved in a nightclub incident, including James Collins. Wonder how that will effect morale and team selection ahead of their match this weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

anyone know what time fantasy football scout gives their team for the GW? cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Juxtapose wrote: »
    Not sure why im contemplating this...

10 point lead over 2nd place, 15 over 3rd. both have rooney/rvp. i have rvp, cisse and jelly.

ive a feeling rooney if he turns up could lose me the league.
    is it worth an 8 point hit to do cisse-rooney and sigurdson-moses

have to do both as im 0.2 off doing a straight swap.

safest thing is to get Rooney, maths-wise. I think. Don't quote me on that. It is squeeky bam time. Moses is on fire lately, and they've got Wolves at home the last game of the season, though yer man Maloney is on fire too, and cheaper. Choices, eh ;)

I don't envy ya that!

Though I kinda wish I had the same dilemmas :(

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

Thanos wrote: »
    Would get in Mosses for sure, he is on form and last two games should yield some points. Also maybe think of getting in Rooney.

Would VDV be a good punt for a 4 point hit with a forward

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

james123 wrote: »
    Would VDV be a good punt for a 4 point hit with a forward

Not as clear cut with VDV. Yes he had a good game last time out, last 2 actually but it is more a case are Spurs as a team in form. They seem to have turned for the better lately but that is a really 50 / 50 call.
    I dont think i would make it but.....................

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Are they asleep?

What if Messi's stats transfered over to our FF game?

50 goals = 200 points
    15 assists = 45 points
    37 games = circa 70 points
    + god knows how many bonus points

Total = upwards of 350 points. Imagine if you captained him every week. The whole league has creamed themselves over RVP's goal record this season. It's awful compared to Messi :P.

He'd have to be priced around 17 million on the game. I'd sacrifice my whole back line just to get him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭SickBoy

What if Messi's stats transfered over to our FF game?

50 goals = 200 points
    15 assists = 45 points
    37 games = circa 70 points
    + god knows how many bonus points

Total = upwards of 350 points. Imagine if you captained him every week. The whole league has creamed themselves over RVP's goal record this season. It's awful compared to Messi :P.

He'd have to be priced around 17 million on the game. I'd sacrifice my whole back line just to get him in.
    Someone's going to say it, might as well be me.

Could he do it on a cold Wednesday night in Stoke?

• Advertisement

SickBoy wrote: »

He'd probably score 7 against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Nobody in the EPL regularly averages 70% possession. He wouldnt be as consistent in the EPL, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

SickBoy wrote: »

two years in a row he's failed to do it in london!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

In my mind, Messi is already the greatest footballer who ever lived. Saying that, I don't think he'd have a hope in hell of scoring so many in the EPL.

The "cold night in Stoke" line is just a joke now, but the conditions against many teams would definitely take away a chunk of his magic.

He'd probably still be the top goalscorer, just not as many as he gets in Spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Dempsey wrote: »
    Nobody in the EPL regularly averages 70% possession. He wouldnt be as consistent in the EPL, imo.

There's no team in the league as good at keeping possession as Barca. Swansea get roughly 60% in most home games. I don't see why Barca wouldn't have around 70% in most games.

As teams are more likely to have a go in England I think Messi would get a bit more space at times than he does in Spain. Barca could hit teams on the counter more often and I think that would suit Messi.

Overall, I reckon he might score fewer goals due to defences being a little stronger but I'd expect him to notch 35 plus every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

People will inevitably float away from this board after this weekend, so just wanted to say thanks for all the advice and chat over the last few months

Wish we'd had this forum sooner!

Looking forward to a well earned break from FF this summer, then picking up the obsession again in late July

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    People will inevitably float away from this board after this weekend, so just wanted to say thanks for all the advice and chat over the last few months

Wish we'd had this forum sooner!

Looking forward to a well earned break from FF this summer, then picking up the obsession again in late July

Always the Euro's Darren!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

KevIRL wrote: »
    Always the Euro's Darren!

too much upheaval for me in June to do it unfortunately

Will be back in Ireland for two weeks during the tournament

Be the kind of deal where I'd set up a team then forget to look at it once

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

It's hard work managing fantasy, with little reward sometimes, true grit and endurance, and the inevitable disappointment and post-mortem in the office on monday wondering where did it all go wrong, or the rejoicing on the other foot as the boys produced the goods. The careful dipping into the transfer market week in and week out of players that are must haves and the disposal of the undesirables who let you down and break your heart... the inevitable derbys between mates and colleagues and people on boards. The torture of the sub bench and the frustration when it has accrued more points than half your on-field playersThe Green arrows one week, or the red's the next. The Double Game weeks an which we plan with caution and tactical prowess, as if on the eve of some great battle, the meticolous general who watches on, as his soldiers do battle. The ups and downs of the Fantasy Football manager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Besides the obvious prize in winning money leagues I think its the mini rivalrys you make with certain people in your leagues through out the season that really make it interesting!

I know in the couple of leagues im in theres always that one f"ck you always really want to beat each week, even if he happens to be a mate (or even more so!)

Its almost over now... its been emotional!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement