Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple to announce iPad 3 on March 7th 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

This might be the first tablet I buy. Looking forward to seeing what they're adding to it.

They are making a proper tablet out of it, by making it an android version:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Tora Bora wrote: »
    They are making a proper tablet out of it, by making it an android version:cool:

I see what you did there!

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I hope the home button is gone, it's the most flimsy part of the device, most common part on the device to break over time.

Good riddance! :-)

Hopefully they'll get rid of it off the iPhone in it's next release.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I dunno, I've always found the home button a great discovery tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Think I will finally upgrade my iPad 1 when this one is released.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

They could get away with dropping the home button from the iPad, but not the iPhone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

They could get away with dropping the home button from the iPad, but not the iPhone.

I agree. Hardly use the button on the iPad tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

i dont know if anyone has mentioned this yet but don't the water drops on the background image prove it is potrait view, as with my ipad anyway the shading of the drops match this view but not landscape. this would indicate no home button then
    screen-shot-2012-02-28-at-12-08-52-pm1.png?w=655&h=547
    edit: actually i forgot landscape would rotate the image too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

If the image does depict a device without the Home button, it doesn't look like they've used the space to increase the size of the screen. Wouldn't that make removing it a bit pointless?

They have to keep the border size around the screen so you can hold it without pressing the screen no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

DubTony wrote: »
    Amwdxq3CQAIgQDL.png
    Some really weird thought processes going on here...... strange!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

gerryo777 wrote: »
    Some really weird thought processes going on here...... strange!

Not as bad as

http://www.cultofmac.com/page/2/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

AnalysisCoM2.jpg

I assume you mean this! Crazy stuff!

Apple could be just winding people up with fake images!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

murpho999 wrote: »

Apple could be just winding people up with fake images!

I thought someone here just made that based on the comments in this thread...

Note to Mod: Did ya like the way I quoted and removed the image from the quote thus saving the size of the re-quote and thus taking up less space and making the whole thing easier to read and not getting bogged down with multiple copies of the same image over and over and over again.....

Wait...all this text just took up a lot of space..damn it

:-0

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

The "Home" button wont be available in Ireland because people cant afford it at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

I thought someone here just made that based on the comments in this thread...

Note to Mod: Did ya like the way I quoted and removed the image from the quote thus saving the size of the re-quote and thus taking up less space and making the whole thing easier to read and not getting bogged down with multiple copies of the same image over and over and over again.....

Wait...all this text just took up a lot of space..damn it

:-0

I liked it Deep Thought.

Oh shi I just quote you taking up space!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

The "Home" buttom wont be available in Ireland because people cant afford it at the moment

Disagree..it will be available but will only be worth 48% less than what you paid for the original one....:D

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

murpho999 wrote: »
    Poe's Law

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I for one won't miss the home button at all. On the iPhone it is very handy but the iPad really has no need with all the extra screen space. The multi-touch gestures work perfectly.

I'm thinking of selling my iPad 2 an upgrading to this. I've run out of space with my 32GB's and i'm sick of having to choose which apps I do and don't need. Plus that retina display would be handy if it is real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

DubDJ wrote: »

I'm thinking of selling my iPad 2 an upgrading to this. I've run out of space with my 32GB's and i'm sick of having to choose which apps I do and don't need. Plus that retina display would be handy if it is real.

I feel your pain and I've only 16GB! With all the free magazine subs I got through Zino, Sunday times, FIFA etc it's not long filling up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

The second it comes out I will instantly plunge into a dilemma of whether to buy it or wait for the i-pad 4! This has happened to me with both iterations of the i-pad.

I don't own an i-pad.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Brian017 wrote: »
    If theres no home button, I'm out.

I never use the home button since they added the multitouch gestures. What do you use it for?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I am far more interested to see if they add capacitive touch. I loathe typing out
    anything longer than a sentence on my
    iOS devices.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

silvine wrote: »
    I am far more interested to see if they add capacitive touch. I loathe typing out
    anything longer than a sentence on my
    iOS devices.

:confused:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I think it's been capacitive all the way back to the iPhone 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭rubicon99

LOOOL :D

DubDJ wrote: »
    "We have something that you really have to see.... and touch"

Just thinking... since when did Apple start sounding like a Paedophile priest? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

Roll on the 7th - I'm in my way the US at the moment , I sold my iPad 1 to my mate last week, really missing it, having to boot up the laptop for simple web searches is a PITA.

Hopefully it wont just be a 2s - A real iPad 3 complete with Retina & quad core, slightly longer battery life and I'll be happy! Don't mind if its thicker it will be in a case the moment I buy it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

keith16 wrote: »
    The second it comes out I will instantly plunge into a dilemma of whether to buy it or wait for the i-pad 4! This has happened to me with both iterations of the i-pad.

I don't own an i-pad.
    :cool: I'm waiting for the iPad 99! There will be a piece of chockalat sticking out of the top of it:P Can't wait:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,428 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

No home button with edge to edge retina display does look awesome in fairness :) if it is only a concept video

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭BeeDI

As it happens I'm going to USA end March.
    I didn't get an iPad 1:o
    I didn't get an iPad 2:o
    So I'm not getting an iPad 3 either:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭lavine7

How long can the iPad 2 be expected to be available after the release of the iPad3?
    I'm heading to the US in the summer and was hoping to pick up a cut-price iPad 2 but would they even be available 3 months after the release of iPad 3? I'm wondering if I should wait till I get over there or get some US friends to pick me up one after they're discounted but before they're discontinued?

Advertisement