Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple to announce iPad 3 on March 7th 2012

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭displaced dub

RVN10 wrote: »
    what are queue's like in victoria square normally ?
    Generally single file although I'm sure they could revert to the holding hands method also!!!

Sorry couldn't resist!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭RVN10

Generally single file although I'm sure they could revert to the holding hands method also!!!

Sorry couldn't resist!

I asked for that really , i read somewhere that they are planning on opening 8 a.m everywhere this year, might drive up from limerick but im afraid could be all sold out by the time i get there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Going to be in NYC at the end of the month, was planning to pick up the iPad2, but really tempted to pick up the new one, think i might just make a judgement call on the day, have a look at the retina screen in person and see if it is that much better.(stock depending, but I am sure the hype will have died down by then)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭coolegrain

i know it's listed somewhere obvious...probably.
    but, what will the pricing be on the new ipad in ireland ?....and has it definetly been delayed now ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

coolegrain wrote: »
    i know it's listed somewhere obvious...probably.
    but, what will the pricing be on the new ipad in ireland ?....and has it definetly been delayed now ?

Well the US and Irish price are the same (allowing for currency sign) and the new ipad starts at $499 which could imply €499...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

slave1 wrote: »
    Well the US and Irish price are the same (allowing for currency sign) and the new ipad starts at $499 which could imply €499...

Apple has stopped doing that for awhile though. The 16GB iPad 2 was always €479 on the Irish store so that's what I expect the new 16GB model to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Can anyone give me the prices of the new iPad? I've been looking online but can't seem to find anywhere. Googling 'new iPad pricing' mostly returns news stories of iPad 2 being released and it's pricing.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭whippet

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Can anyone give me the prices of the new iPad? I've been looking online but can't seem to find anywhere. Googling 'new iPad pricing' mostly returns news stories of iPad 2 being released and it's pricing.

Thanks!

www.apple.com/ie
    http://www.apple.com/ie

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

whippet wrote: »
    There's no prices currently on the Apple Ireland site.

Likelihood is €479 for a 16GB.
    Then add €100 for 3G and/or €100 for every 16GB extra of storage.

I'm fighting the urge to spend €100 extra on 16GB more of flash memory I could otherwise get for 20 quid on a keyring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Dades wrote: »
    I'm fighting the urge to spend €100 extra on 16GB more of flash memory I could otherwise get for 20 quid on a keyring.

Yeah its a bit of kick in the crotch isn't it ? Especially since the retina quality apps themselves are like 4 times larger than their non-retina predecessors:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

whippet wrote: »

Obviously I checked there... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Obviously I checked there... :rolleyes:

Anyone know if Apple.ie will be taking pre-orders for the new Ipad anytime soon like in other countries?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭nhg

Anyone know if Apple.ie will be taking pre-orders for the new Ipad anytime soon like in other countries?

I rang apple this morning as I read somewhere that they would be taking pre-orders from today, but was sadly told that no pre-orders for Ireland, it will just come on sale on the 23rd March, seems strange to offer in one country and not another

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

:(
    nhg wrote: »

I rang apple this morning as I read somewhere that they would be taking pre-orders from today, but was sadly told that no pre-orders for Ireland, it will just come on sale on the 23rd March, seems strange to offer in one country and not another

ADSLUSER wrote: »
    :(

Hardly a shock - we are but a branch of the UK outfit anyhow - we'll only get whats left over after they've been sorted so no preorder for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Hardly a shock - we are but a branch of the UK outfit anyhow - we'll only get whats left over after they've been sorted so no preorder for us.

This is just not true. I looked up Holland and Belgium and there are no pre-orders there either.

Maybe it was just pre-orders for 1st release of countries and they have now seen great demand and will probably do rest of countries on 1st come 1st served basis.

murpho999 wrote: »
    This is just not true. I looked up Holland and Belgium and there are no pre-orders there either.

Maybe it was just pre-orders for 1st release of countries and they have now seen great demand and will probably do rest of countries on 1st come 1st served basis.

No I am right. All the apple phone numbers we ring up are in the same office as the UK phone numbers - infact the numbers are the same except we have 1800 and the UK have 0800. The same staff deal with Irish or Uk queries. Also, as I have been stalking the refurb store lately looking out for something, I can tell you that the Ire and Uk refurb store are on and the same - they have the exact same machines on them and when one is sold off either site - it dissappears from both. They are also refreshed at the same time every day (not telling ;))

In all except currency, phone numbers, and the ability to preorder an ipad and a few other superficial setting, Irish online Apple Store == UK online Apple Store

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

The price of the iPad 2 before the reduction was €487 on the apple.ie site, it went up after the VAT increase in Jan, the new one should be about that price I would imagine

nhg wrote: »
    Well at least that makes the decision easier. Was debating whether to pre-order or join a geeky scrum on the 23rd.

Geeky scrum it is. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

No I am right. All the apple phone numbers we ring up are in the same office as the UK phone numbers - infact the numbers are the same except we have 1800 and the UK have 0800. The same staff deal with Irish or Uk queries. Also, as I have been stalking the refurb store lately looking out for something, I can tell you that the Ire and Uk refurb store are on and the same - they have the exact same machines on them and when one is sold off either site - it dissappears from both. They are also refreshed at the same time every day (not telling ;))

In all except currency, phone numbers, and the ability to preorder an ipad and a few other superficial setting, Irish online Apple Store == UK online Apple Store

Well the differences you quote, phone numbers, pre-order and settings make it enough to not equal the same store!
    Either way, wouldn't it be logical for 2 countries that share a language and are neighbours to share warehousing/stock?

My main point was that it's not just on Irish website that you can't pre-order which is nothing to do with UK.

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »
    Well the differences you quote, phone numbers, pre-order and settings make it enough to not equal the same store!
    Either way, wouldn't it be logical for 2 countries that share a language and are neighbours to share warehousing/stock?

My main point was that it's not just on Irish website that you can't pre-order which is nothing to do with UK.

My point, as you well know, is that they will take care of the large markets like Uk and Germany first. No doubt they have a degree of floating stock that the can redirect as demand dictates - keep more in Uk versus send them to Ireland. Keep more in Germany versus send to Poland. Thats why they wont' let us preorder - it will damage their flexibility and the larger markets will take preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

My point, as you well know, is that they will take care of the large markets like Uk and Germany first. No doubt they have a degree of floating stock that the can redirect as demand dictates - keep more in Uk versus send them to Ireland. Keep more in Germany versus send to Poland. Thats why they wont' let us preorder - it will damage their flexibility and the larger markets will take preference.

Nah, don't buy that at all. Sounds like bar stool codology to me.

Wouldn't that imply we'd get no iPads until every UK pre-order has been fulfilled?

I'm sure they will have stock here on the 23rd while people in the UK are still watching their email for an updated shipping date.

Dades wrote: »
    Wouldn't that imply we'd get no iPads until every UK pre-order has been fulfilled?

I'm sure they will have stock here on the 23rd while people in the UK are still watching their email for an updated shipping date.

Sure.
    But the numbers they sell in store are much lower than what will be preordered.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

My understanding was that the online Apple Store operates on a global basis. They don't set aside stock for individual markets, nor do they prioritise one over the other once the product is available in all those markets. So if there's a 3 week wait for iPads on the US store, there's a 3 week wait on the European stores as well.

However, Apple may decide not to give us pre-orders or any online orders at all if they having difficulty meeting online demand elsewhere (this happened with the first iPad), but once they do we are in the same boat as everyone else as far as online availability is concerned. I'm open to correction but that's how it seems to work to me.

Apple obviously do set aside stock for bricks and mortar retailers and for country launches, but that's a separate thing.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Considering they are all run out of Cork HQ, its hardly surprising.

Advertisement