Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV speed issues - North Dublin

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

i was of that opinion too however it was only when i changed to NGB with UTV that the slow speeds after 6pm occured, i know for a fact however i did test my line and have seen the dslam offering 24mb when i questioned this i was told that by utv that eircom has capped the ngb in monaghan to 8mb and they cannot offer me anymore, my neighbour with eircom is on 22mb:mad: roll on end of contract

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭gerryirl

doney84 wrote: »
    Hi all, I've been with UTV for about 6 years now and had no problems with them until recently. They switched my package to the NGB package as it worked out cheaper but like many on this thread it has effected my download speeds after 6pm. I have phoned numerous times and was told that they needed a new "traffic management" system and this would sort out my poor speeds. This was to be done some time in August and when my speeds didn't get any better I phoned them back at the end of August only to be told that the new "traffic management" system is in place but that they needed to order more "bandwidth" and that hopefully it will be inplace for the end of September. I'm I been told lies ???

I rang them this evening.. get very poor speeds in the evening even though it is meant to be NGB. get 9 mb off peak but its got so bad even a youtube video won't play. they gave me the same story that the taffic management was to be fixed by the end of October..just seem to move month to month so

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭doney84

doney84 wrote: »
    Hi all, I've been with UTV for about 6 years now and had no problems with them until recently. They switched my package to the NGB package as it worked out cheaper but like many on this thread it has effected my download speeds after 6pm. I have phoned numerous times and was told that they needed a new "traffic management" system and this would sort out my poor speeds. This was to be done some time in August and when my speeds didn't get any better I phoned them back at the end of August only to be told that the new "traffic management" system is in place but that they needed to order more "bandwidth" and that hopefully it will be inplace for the end of September. I'm I been told lies ???
    gerryirl wrote: »
    I rang them this evening.. get very poor speeds in the evening even though it is meant to be NGB. get 9 mb off peak but its got so bad even a youtube video won't play. they gave me the same story that the taffic management was to be fixed by the end of October..just seem to move month to month so

I phoned UTV again late last week and this time I was told that it wasn't a case that they need to order more bandwidth but that it was an issue with the traffic management system. Laughable really as I was told this was sorted back in August. The guy then went on to tell me that 10% of the users are using 90% of the available bandwidth. He also blamed people who are downloading torrents ... He said they were advised that the issue will be sorted in Octocber. When I pushed him for a date he couldn't commit to anything. I told him I have no faith in UTV sorting this out and that more than likely we'll be having the very same conversation in November. So I'm currently doing a bit of research into some different broadband options available in my area. I did however notice a couple of nights this week that the speeds in the evening weren't as slow as they have been but overall they were still very inconsistant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

They seem to throttle anyone who use torrents and/or download/stream a lot so they can't say that is what is making the lines slower for other people. They just seem to spew out a load of lies anytime the speeds are queried. Although they never had an answer for me when I said that I didn't have the same issues with eircom on the exact same line and now I am back with Eircom I don't have the speed issues anymore.
    If ye are still within the first 3 months of the contract, try and cancel under their own terms and unconditions
    Cancelling the Agreement
    3. The Broadband speed that we quote when you order the service is an estimate only. Once
    your Broadband speed has settled (usually 10 days after provision), if you are always
    getting speeds lower than the estimated range that we quoted, you can contact us any time
    within the first 3 months after you ordered the service and we will try to improve the
    speed. If, despite any improvements we try to make, the speed you get is less than the
    "minimum guaranteed access line speed" for your service (go
    to http://www.utvinternet.com for more details) you will be entitled to cancel your
    broadband contract without paying a charge for ending it early subject to you following our
    instructions to resolve the problem.

Advertisement