Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV speed issues - North Dublin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

This is what I mean by up and down. One minute it's up at 6mb next minute down to 3mb, even 1mb then back up. Weird.

1830067872.png

1830069092.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Leeman79

My 17MB line

1830089639.png

Roll on midnight so I can finally watch that youtube video Ive been wanting to watch all day :)

Leeman79 wrote: »
    My 17MB line

1830089639.png

Roll on midnight so I can finally watch that youtube video Ive been wanting to watch all day :)

That's bad man. I'm on 7mb so I guess my speeds aren't too bad really compared to yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭nacimroc

O'Prez wrote: »
    so asked me to do 3 speed tests on speedtest.magnet.ie (morning/afternoon/night) for 7 days.

Customer: "Your not providing the service I'm paying for"

UTV: "We think your lying. Do 21 tests every 8 hours for the next 7 days and we might look into it"

:D:D ahh thats just brilliant!

nacimroc wrote: »
    Customer: "Your not providing the service I'm paying for"

UTV: "We think your lying. Do 21 tests every 8 hours for the next 7 days and we might look into it"

:D:D ahh thats just brilliant!

PMSL

ITs funny cos its true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

Leeman79 wrote: »
    PMSL

ITs funny cos its true

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh you couldn't make it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Cancelled today. Moving to vodafone... I know from reading some forums they have their share of problems but with the speed issues and the price of 24 mb with UTV. 61 euros versus 52...

Hopefully not going from frying pan into fire!!

Xcellor wrote: »
    Cancelled today. Moving to vodafone... I know from reading some forums they have their share of problems but with the speed issues and the price of 24 mb with UTV. 61 euros versus 52...

Hopefully not going from frying pan into fire!!

Did the same meself earlier. Fingers crossed.

I didn't let them get the better of me like you bunch of cowards! :D:D They just want you gone, hence the throttling and stupid download cap!

I got onto Comreg. Told them all the details and they asked UTV to respond to both them and me. Hopefully UTV will reply to me tomorrow (making it 3 days later)

If I am being throttled I'm not letting them away with it. I never use torrents and only download circa 40gb per month as they say. Was never notified of any infringement on their ridiculous fair usage policy and crazy 75gb limit.

ISP's shouldn't be allowed to just piss there customers off so they leave. If I'm not being throttled and the line speed increases I want proof as to why and not their usual blame eircom game!

Oooooh get her! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

my 8mb NGB still bad most evenings...currently at:

Download Speed: 2346 kbps (293.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Upload Speed: 410 kbps (51.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

I was onto UTV on the 2nd March and was told to send in speed tests...still have heard nothing from them. Customer service leaves alot to be desired. If only UPC was available in my area!

I look forward to seeing how you get on nacimroc!

So I gave up waiting for them and rang them Friday after 5 days waiting for a reply.

They said...nothing. They insisted their tech dept check the line (which the tech dept said was perfect) and when I asked about the line being ****e they said they are looking into it. I kept asking them was I being throttled and they didn't reply blowing off the question.

So hopefully by Monday (day 7) they might reply.

COMREG opened a case logging all these details so hopefully they will force them to provide what they are charging people for.

How are you cowards :D getting on with Vodafone or are you still waiting? and did you have to pay extra to break the contract?

I presume there is no charge to break the contract as they changed the T&C with the new cap limits ?

Well...an hour after Vodafone sent me a confirmation email and text saying my service was being transferred to them I had a call from UTV. They basically wanted me to stay and would match Vodafone's offer but when I pointed out the 75GB cap compared to Vodafone's 350GB cap I was met with a brief silence. I also asked if I was being throttled and was told there was a "note" on my account and that the matter had been handed to a supervisor who would be calling me later that day (which of course didn't happen). Anyway, they never asked me what Vodafone's monthly price was and after a bit of to-ing and fro-ing over getting me to stay the call ended. Five minutes later I got another call asking me what Vodafone were charging and I told them and they admitted they couldn't match it. Haven't heard a thing from them since. Neither have I heard back from tech support regarding my questions about being throttled which I asked previous to these phone calls. The change over is still being processed so can't comment on whether or not the speed issue is gone but it's still there now anyway.
    Yours sincerely
    Cowardly O'Custard.

The change over is still being processed so can't comment on whether or not the speed issue is gone but it's still there now anyway.

Keep us informed on your experience from Vodafone please. Interesting about the 'note'. Do you go over the monthly cap/use p2p during peak hours?

AntiRip wrote: »
    Keep us informed on your experience from Vodafone please. Interesting about the 'note'. Do you go over the monthly cap/use p2p during peak hours?

Will do. And no. My download usage is always around 40GB and I don't use to p2p. I was on a 40GB cap and "upgraded" to their *grimace*...unlimited ages ago.

Will do. And no. My download usage is always around 40GB and I don't use to p2p. I was on a 40GB cap and "upgraded" to their *grimace*...unlimited ages ago.

Wow, that's unreal. Some days I could download 4Gigs if I was updating software, linux distros, netflix, etc. Definitely 100Gigs a month easily. Seems to be fine now the last few evenings also. I will never get these NGB packages as they seem like more of a downgrade than anything else.

Best of luck with your new provider, 350GB heaven :D

Wow, that's unreal. Some days I could download 4Gigs if I was updating software, linux distros, netflix, etc. Definitely 100Gigs a month easily. Seems to be fine now the last few evenings also. I will never get these NGB packages as they seem like more of a downgrade than anything else.

Best of luck with your new provider, 350GB heaven :D

Thanx :) Fingers crossed it's ok. My speedtest (so far) seems ok tonight too. A bit off-topic...how do you find the Netflix service? I'm thinking of signing up when Vodafone kicks in.

Thanx :) Fingers crossed it's ok. My speedtest (so far) seems ok tonight too. A bit off-topic...how do you find the Netflix service? I'm thinking of signing up when Vodafone kicks in.

Not bad at all. No buffering at all and the selection isn't bad. Easy enough to get US netflix with way more content. Have it on phone, tab, laptop, ipad and PS3 so well covered :D. Great selection for the kids as well. You should try the free month to test it out. With 350GB you won't have a care in the world ;)

Not bad at all. No buffering at all and the selection isn't bad. Easy enough to get US netflix with way more content. Have it on phone, tab, laptop, ipad and PS3 so well covered :D. Great selection for the kids as well. You should try the free month to test it out. With 350GB you won't have a care in the world ;)

Nice one. I'll definitely give that a go so :D How would a guy go about getting the US version? Also...my speeds have gone downhill again since my earlier post stating they were back to normal.

Also...my speeds have gone downhill again since my earlier post stating they were back to normal.

1842157830.png

All evening here!

• Advertisement

1842157830.png

All evening here!

Same as. AND I just signed up to Netflix which won't load past 98%. I'll wait til after the witching hour I suppose.

Nice one. I'll definitely give that a go so :D How would a guy go about getting the US version? Also...my speeds have gone downhill again since my earlier post stating they were back to normal.

Register here at http://playmo.tv and then change your dns settings. You will find them on setup page. I have noticed you can't watch Aertv though with these settings so if you watch that you have to change them back. Works fine on Rte Player though.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

UTV ....

You can see the problem, now fix it.

Register here at http://playmo.tv and then change your dns settings. You will find them on setup page. I have noticed you can't watch Aertv though with these settings so if you watch that you have to change them back. Works fine on Rte Player though.

Thanx AntiRip ;)

Rang them today! The said same thing..they will get back to me in the future at some stage about the problem.....SO...

I rang them and cancelled my direct debit and told them I'm not paying for the last months service. They said they are putting me "in arrears" and someone will be contacting me immediately about the payment owed.

They have no problem fixing that problem! I'm waiting for them to cut my line off and i'll drive to Belfast shove a Cat5 cable so far up th.....arrgghh!!

Rang Vodafone today to switch
    Fed up with UTVs illegal throttling and ridiclous "unlimited" cap
    The sooner the service is switched the better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Rang them today! The said same thing..they will get back to me in the future at some stage about the problem.....SO...

I rang them and cancelled my direct debit and told them I'm not paying for the last months service. They said they are putting me "in arrears" and someone will be contacting me immediately about the payment owed.

They have no problem fixing that problem! I'm waiting for them to cut my line off and i'll drive to Belfast shove a Cat5 cable so far up th.....arrgghh!!

Be careful there they might put a block on your account and you wont be able to change providers.

I am assuming that your sync speeds are ok?

Bohrio wrote: »
    Be careful there they might put a block on your account and you wont be able to change providers.

I am assuming that your sync speeds are ok?

Yeah, I finally gave up and switched to Vodafone (coward I know)! Just going to pay whats owed and move! Sick of them!

Vodafone only 52 quid a month despite whats on their site. 5 times the cap and almost a tenner cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Yeah, I finally gave up and switched to Vodafone (coward I know)! Just going to pay whats owed and move! Sick of them!

Vodafone only 52 quid a month despite whats on their site. 5 times the cap and almost a tenner cheaper.

Glado to hear that, it could have been painfull alright..

Just out of curiosity what is your exchange?

• Advertisement

Isn't there a number you can dial to check who your phone provider is? I remember "almost" changing over to Eircom a while back and they gave me some 2 or 3 digit number which basically had a recorded message telling me who I was with. Anyone know what the number is?

Advertisement