Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Just now updated to 1.29.401.11 ion an unbranded on 3 :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Has anyone seen this, there appears to be a small dead pixel of some sort in the bottom left corner.

can I just return this or will I need to send it htc?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Just got prompted for another 1 update, updated to 1.29 last week :/ What the the hell is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

manu2009 wrote: »
    My latest battery stats, with light usage but listened to a few hours of music, made a few calls, browsed the internet for a while and the battery lasted this long :)

Not sure how to resize the image so heres a link to it:

Link

2012-05-21_11-56-55.png

UNREAL mate!! U running stock ROM? How much screen on time??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Just got prompted for another 1 update, updated to 1.29 last week :/ What the the hell is this?

Same here, just this second!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Yep its 129.401.11, no idea yet of changelog

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

manu2009 wrote: »
    My latest battery stats, with light usage but listened to a few hours of music, made a few calls, browsed the internet for a while and the battery lasted this long :)

Not sure how to resize the image so heres a link to it:

Link

2012-05-21_11-56-55.png
    Whats your screen time? Software 1.28 or 1.29?

Where do you check screen time?
    1.28 o2 branded

Edit: found it, 2hrs 10mins, as i said it was light usage, still v.gud battery life

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

madmoe wrote: »
    UNREAL mate!! U running stock ROM? How much screen on time??

Thats teh question. what is the screen time

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

I think my one X is dead.

Was near fully charged this morning. Checked my mail on it about an hour ago. working fine.

Pulled it out of my pocket about 5 minutes ago.

Screen blank. Led does nothing if i plug into a charger

If i ring it.......i get a ring tone, but phone still does nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Anybody got any ideas short of drag it back to emobile and say goodbye to it for a week or two?

bandit197 wrote: »
    Yep its 129.401.11, no idea yet of changelog

Got this from XDA, not sure how official it is.
    - New HBOOT: 0.95, New Radio: 1.1204.105.14, Kernel version: 2.6.39.4-gc9932b1
    - Screen flickering should resolve itself within two weeks of using this update. Some voltage values were changed in the update.
    - The SD card storage issue
    - The bug that caused taiwanese text to be shown on the task management screen in the french locale has been resolved
    - Wifi fixes
    - Battery reporting (or calibration) is reported to be affected by the update in some way or the other
    - Multitasking tweaks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

wernstrom! wrote: »
    Anybody got any ideas short of drag it back to emobile and say goodbye to it for a week or two?
    according to htc:
    My device won’t power on. What can I do? close
    If your device will not power on, your battery may be drained or not seated correctly.

Tips:

If the battery is dead, the device will need to charge for a few minutes and then should power on once this happens. Attempt to power the device on by pressing the Power button for 3 seconds.
    Make sure you are using the AC charger that was supplied with your device.
    Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds to force a power cycle. If it works, the 3 icons at the bottom of the screen will blink a few times.
    If the device still will not power on, contact your wireless carrier for further assistance.
    i'd be trying the bold bit at this stage.

fingers crossed for you anyways. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

wernstrom! wrote: »
    I think my one X is dead.

Was near fully charged this morning. Checked my mail on it about an hour ago. working fine.

Pulled it out of my pocket about 5 minutes ago.

Screen blank. Led does nothing if i plug into a charger

If i ring it.......i get a ring tone, but phone still does nothing. Absolutely nothing.

my htc desire s did that when i got it , hardware problem, it was getting hot for a bit before this happened,then went blank, dead, o2 sent it back to htc took 3-4 weeks:(

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Johnny Johnson

MoodeRator wrote: »
    Just now updated to 1.29.401.11 ion an unbranded on 3 :)

Me too. I wonder what differences this will bring.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

chris1970 wrote: »
    my htc desire s did that when i got it , hardware problem, it was getting hot for a bit before this happened,then went blank, dead, o2 sent it back to htc took 3-4 weeks:(

This is close enough to what is happening to mine.. VF collecting it tomorrow and have said should be between 3-4 days and a new one will probably be shipped out to me since i only have it three weeks.

Ill believe it when i see it but fingers crossed

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

And now the One X is undead.

Took it back to the eMobile shop, and i don't know what they could've done with it that i didn't, but it rebooted.

I do vaguely recall having problems with my DHD after the first update, ending up resetting, and reinstalling everything.....and i installed an update the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Have my white one x now. first impressions, its bloody huge but thin and light. Missing the scrollpad and the search buttons from my desire.
    Battery life will be an issue but was totally expected. Screen is the biggest culprit but it is v pretty playing a 1080p vid. Bout 50% after 12 hours, although i used it pretty heavily before going to bed.

Updated to 1.29.4 on meteor. (Must find a use for my new emobile sim)

Where is best to get NFC tags and is there any point in rooting when im happy with sense and dont have much use for nandroid or titanium backups (I have decided neither of these are any use since i lost my desire and have backups which are now useless)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,355 ✭✭✭ofcork

manual_man wrote: »
    Does it still make phone calls

My keyboard is no longer qwerty,now its azerty!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

ofcork wrote: »
    My keyboard is no longer qwerty,now its azerty!

Change the language?

Its still in english just the letters have been rearranged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

ofcork wrote: »
    Its still in english just the letters have been rearranged.

Not an english keyboard though, check the keyboard settings.

• Advertisement

Checked the settings,seem to be ok will stick with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Where is best to get NFC tags

I got them here on ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Thanks
    bandit197 wrote: »
    Where is best to get NFC tags

I got them here on ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Who Knew?

Got my One X yesterday and it's a brilliant bit of kit. Moved from an iPhone 4 so the level of customisation is amazing compared to iOS.

Anyone have any good tips/suggestions or any Apps that I should download? Are there many decent games available for it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Anyone using Exchange having trouble with Calendar sync?

May not entirely be on topic, just a general Android question. What exactly do the connection symbols in the notice bar mean? My current guess (and ranked in the order of speed is):

G - GPRS
    E - Edge
    3G - 3G
    H - HSPA+

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

May not entirely be on topic, just a general Android question. What exactly do the connection symbols in the notice bar mean? My current guess (and ranked in the order of speed is):

G - GPRS
    E - Edge
    3G - 3G
    H - HSPA+

All right except the last.
    H - HSDPA
    H+ - HSPA+
    Although im actually not sure if the H+ symbol is in the HTC resources so H could be used for both :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Anyone know if the One X's you get from Vodaphone are sim free? I'm getting one in the post very soon. If not, where's the cheapest place to get it unlocked? I saw some imei services on xda for £2, but I can't see them anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Anyone know if the One X's you get from Vodaphone are sim free? I'm getting one in the post very soon. If not, where's the cheapest place to get it unlocked? I saw some imei services on xda for £2, but I can't see them anymore

My one x from Vodafone was unlocked and accepted a three micro sim, it is branded tho :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

griffdaddy wrote: »

My one x from Vodafone was unlocked and accepted a three micro sim, it is branded tho :/

Advertisement