Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Phone companies cant see your credit rating.
    They just make a guess on the information you give them

This is true apparently. So being in full time professional employment and owning a house puts you way down the list :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

For once, the cheapest place isn't online. In fact, it's not even pay as you go.

Get a 12 month contract on Emobile's lowest tariff and the total cost will work out at only €509 euro and you get 12 month's worth of service to boot. The phone's sim free too so it really doesn't make sense to buy it any other way.

I see eMobile have increased their prices now :(
    It was 189 on that plan but now is 269....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

mik_da_man wrote: »
    It was €269 from day one. It's €189 on the more expensive plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

cargo wrote: »
    Thinking of upgrading my DHD to the OneX but probably buy it rather than doing it through my VF account. I'm in the States (NY) in 2 weeks so have a chance to pick up something there if it's going to be worthwhile.

Anyone know of any good options while I'm out there. Do they sell the OneX or a variant in the US? I haven't researched this yet but if anyone has any info on this it'd be great.

The One X in the USA is dual core, and also has LTE4 - which will be kinda useless over here.

I think there are other differences but none that come to mind at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

Saadyst wrote: »
    The One X in the USA is dual core, and also has LTE4 - which will be kinda useless over here.

I think there are other differences but none that come to mind at the moment

Yeah I did remember something about it been LTE4 but I wasnt sure if it was sold as a different name with the LTE4 capability. I'll look into it over the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Plus, Apple have blocked the sale of the One X in USA over patent issues...

http://www.techcentral.ie/article.aspx?id=18944

It was €269 from day one. It's €189 on the more expensive plans.

True! Dunno why I thought it was 189.y maths was off.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

Plus, Apple have blocked the sale of the One X in USA over patent issues...

http://www.techcentral.ie/article.aspx?id=18944

Good point :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

So what's the final word on battery conditioning, do I need to give the X a full charge and deplete cycle or was the problem just caused by the software issue? I was under the impression that modern batteries don't have memory issues, so are the full cycle recommendations earlier in this thread just nonsense?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

dahamsta wrote: »
    So what's the final word on battery conditioning, do I need to give the X a full charge and deplete cycle or was the problem just caused by the software issue? I was under the impression that modern batteries don't have memory issues, so are the full cycle recommendations earlier in this thread just nonsense?

Depleting a Li-ION or Li-POL battery is bad for it, so any full cycle recommendation is usually nonsense.

I think the only reason you'd do a full cycle is that it can sometimes make the battery meter more accurate, I.E. your phone will show 5% but you actually have more charge left. I'm not sure how this works though so i prefer to keep my phone charged. It just means that your phone won't go dead when you thought it would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭MastiffMrs

Did anyone with a 3 branded phone get the 1.29 update yet? My one x has crashed a couple of times so hoping this update will fix it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

1.29 update has been a disaster for my battery so far. Leaving Wifi on is crippling it for some reason. I get far better battery life leaving Wifi off and data on! This wasnt a problem in 1.28. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭ofcork

Got an update yesterday for my one s on o2,cant see any difference so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

ofcork wrote: »
    Got an update yesterday for my one s on o2,cant see any difference so far.

Does it still make phone calls

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Joe Gt

have my unbranded One x two weeks now , all going great , very happy I went for it , getting min 36 hrs battery ,using 3g , wifi ,after turing the screen brightness down too a bit.

Got this cover and its perfect ,its a plastic/rubber combo so slides in to your pocket fine unlike silicone type covers
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2X-PREMIUM-HQ-Hard-Case-Cover-HTC-One-X-XL-TPU-Soft-Gel-Screen-Protector-/261017959249?pt=AU_MobilePhoneAccessories&hash=item3cc5e1fb51#ht_5221wt_932

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭one man clappin

Right, I think it is time that I rooted my One X. The only thing is I am terrified of bricking the phone and myself in the process.

Is this (One Click Method) the easiest and best way of rooting the phone please?

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Easy enough. I just flashed CWM via fastboot and installed su app. Job done. need to unlock the bootloader via htcdev.com first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Joe Gt wrote: »
    have my unbranded One x two weeks now , all going great , very happy I went for it , getting min 36 hrs battery ,using 3g , wifi ,after turing the screen brightness down too a bit.

Got this cover and its perfect ,its a plastic/rubber combo so slides in to your pocket fine unlike silicone type covers
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2X-PREMIUM-HQ-Hard-Case-Cover-HTC-One-X-XL-TPU-Soft-Gel-Screen-Protector-/261017959249?pt=AU_MobilePhoneAccessories&hash=item3cc5e1fb51#ht_5221wt_932

Looks cool! Any actual pics with it on the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Spipov

guys, im just wondering if anybody has tried this. ive been reading around that if you have encrypted your phone, and i am assuming that means you are using corporate email which required pin login to your phone, and then try to use GPS, gps does not work. i am on 1.28 from voda branded sim free phone.

has anyone tried the above? i am dreading doing this, because i dont want to be sinking 20 euros into sygic and finding it doesnt work.

i am sure if its the case, HTC are going to sort it out, but since voda are probably not going to get updates till next year on the firmware (sarcasm), id rather be sure before setting up the pin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭BArra

what are opinions on black or white htc one?

would the white get dirty more easilly? i am split between the colours ;)

• Advertisement

Personally I always put a cover on my phone.
    So I can have the best of both worlds :)
    Get the black and stick on a white cover, I know it's not the same, but an option...

I've only seen the black one X in the flesh, I actually perfer the colour of the S :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭ofcork

Personally I always put a cover on my phone.
    So I can have the best of both worlds :)
    Get the black and stick on a white cover, I know it's not the same, but an option...

I've only seen the black one X in the flesh, I actually perfer the colour of the S :o
    I gavé à black one s and got a white cover makes thé phone look well imo

Anyone have a problem with the snooze button on the one x? It's not working on mine. Set it several times for 5 or 10 mins but never goes off...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

I use the alarm on mine every day and snooze all the time, but I use the on screen snooze option as apposed to the volume button (which i just found out you can use by checking settings). Are you using the volume button set to Snooze? If that's the case I can't help you and this post is pointless... like many of my posts.

I use the on screen snooze also. Might try the volume button to see if it works instead. Could be dangerous if I don't sort it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

Heartbroken over the weekend to see my one X basically disintegrate!

Lock will obviously lock the screen, then when i try to unlock it to take it to the lockscreen the screen stays blank. Only the lights under the buttons at the bottom light up. Maybe 1 in 20 restarts will make it work.. at which point it works for 3-4 minutes before the screen crashes. If i ever get it back on it sends an error report to HTC but doesnt really leave me very happy.

Anybody else have this? Luckily i am within the 28 days (just) since i bought it so hopefully i can get it sorted fairly quickly. Still a little annoyed i have received a dud though.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

My latest battery stats, with light usage but listened to a few hours of music, made a few calls, browsed the internet for a while and the battery lasted this long :)

Not sure how to resize the image so heres a link to it:

Link

2012-05-21_11-56-55.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

manu2009 wrote: »
    My latest battery stats, with light usage but listened to a few hours of music, made a few calls, browsed the internet for a while and the battery lasted this long :)

Not sure how to resize the image so heres a link to it:

Link

2012-05-21_11-56-55.png
    Whats your screen time? Software 1.28 or 1.29?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭flugel

Whats your screen time? Software 1.28 or 1.29?

4 days!!??

Out of curiosity what are people averaging for display on time? I'm on 1.28 and from a full charge get 4 hours or so. Thats usually over an hour video playback, browsing and playing games. I have screen brightness set between 10% and 15%

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

Anybody else experiencing sluggish auto-rotate on the one x?

I'm talking maybe upto 3 seconds of lag.

Advertisement