Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Is there a good link to flashing LeeDroid? Friend got the One X but battery is terrible. Is there a big improvement on LeeDroid? He was down to 30% after about 7 hours, no way it would have lasted until 6pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Echoes675

adrian522 wrote: »
    Did you flash the boot.img before flashing the ROM yeah?

I did, Leedroid has it's own specific boot.img to flash. The guide says you can flash before or after. Unfortunately the reason I failed first time around was because I forgot to transfer the zip file of the rom to the phone before doing so. D'OH!!! Spent about 4 hrs undoing my mistake.

Also, it is critical your battery is charged up before doing anything cause fastboot refuses to work once your battery hits around 30% and it is a bugger to recharge when it's like that.

chrislad wrote: »
    Is there a good link to flashing LeeDroid? Friend got the One X but battery is terrible. Is there a big improvement on LeeDroid? He was down to 30% after about 7 hours, no way it would have lasted until 6pm.
    The guide is here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1587888

Make sure to follow every step exactly or you could have an expensive brick :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Well the battery will improve after a few cycles. You'll need to root before flashing Leedroid

adrian522 wrote: »
    Well the battery will improve after a few cycles. You'll need to root before flashing Leedroid

He's had it about 10 days now, so 10 full cycles. No real improvement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Lads any online links for a HTC One S (black) sim-free reasonably priced?? I'm on 3 but for some reason they're only stockin' it in silver :( Really want the black

edit: think I can get it from carphone warehouse in black on 3. 449. not a bad price

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

He's had it about 10 days now, so 10 full cycles. No real improvement.

What's using up all the battery? Screen? If so check how many mins that is being used for.

If something else there may be an app sucking up juice.

I don't think battery performance should be that poor. Maybe post up the stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

For anyone with the case PAMG recommended
    Do you have the Black One X and how does it look with this case ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

beno619 wrote: »

The clear parts look great, the semi-opaque parts look a kinda milky-grey. The phone still looks good, and the case feels good in the hand too.

beno619 wrote: »

The clear parts look great, the semi-opaque parts look a kinda milky-grey. The phone still looks good, and the case feels good in the hand too.

Just curious - (And I don't mean this in a gay way) - Are your hands big? I tried both the One S and One X in the shop and found the X very hard to hold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

manual_man wrote: »
    Just curious - (And I don't mean this in a gay way) - Are your hands big? I tried both the One S and One X in the shop and found the X very hard to hold

I'm quite short, I'd look odd with big hands :D
    I manage no problem with the X though, experience from my Desire HD.
    I tend to hold the phone resting on my little finger, the other fingers across the back, and can touch any part of the screen with my thumb, though need a little flex of the fingers to bring the top left corner closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Its still on its 1st charge havnt really played with it yet, im sure il get used to the size in no time, definitely felt BIG 1st time a held it tho.
    Small hands btw..

Just for people wondering about batteries (I wasn't sure before) there's a way for easing in new batteries, as it were. the first 3 or 4 times you should let the battery go all the way down to basically it's lowest percentage point, then give it a full charge while powered off (overnight usually handiest). Doing this should guarantee you get the best performance out of your battery, over time. Other than this the usual tricks, 'power saving mode', if your phone has it, when you're runnin low on juice; try not to be on 3G all the time, and be aware that watching video will suck up juice more than anything else. Most of the tools for managing your battery will be already on your phone, if not they're downloaded easily. And remember as much as you want it won't last as long as your Nokia 3310 :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

manual_man wrote: »
    And remember that as much as you like it to you'll never get as much talktime as your old Nokia 3310 :)

I've not tested myself, but Anandtech managed to get 12.54 hours talk time on the HTC One X (international version) - from here, it says the Nokia 2210 has 2h30m - 4h30m talk time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Just picked up the one X on meteor this morning, finsihed adding accounts and opted for an OTA update that was avail (cant remeber the verion for the life of me) but its started with downloading the update, rebooted and has a black screen with an update icon only. Sat like that for an hour so reluctantly manually rebooted the phoen but it only boots back to thi blck screen with the update icon?

Anyone have a similar experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Unplug it from the charger if it's plugged in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Unplug it from the charger if it's plugged in.

Just did that and wnet ahead fine after. Strange that it wont update when on charge. Anyways, thanks fo rthe assist

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

My god, still no sign of version 1.29...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

My god, still no sign of version 1.29...

same

tok9 wrote: »
    same

The European 1.29 RUU update is available to download from here:
    www.filefactory.com/file/3mf2pymcpok7/n/RUU_ENDEAVOR_U_ICS_40_HTC_Europe_1.29.401.7_Radio_1.1204.104.14_release_259281_signed.exe

I installed it fine on my phone (before going ahead and rooting it and installing a custom rom on it). Took 5 mins. Just remember to have your phone charged at least 50% before or it wont run the installer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

Just wondering about unbranding a one x, do you have to root it?
    Just it has o2 branding so want to get the updates quicker rather then waiting ages for o2 to release the update.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

GSM arena has a battery comparison between the one x and the galaxy s3

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s_iii_vs_htc_one_x-review-759p8.php

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

I think I'm going to upgrade to the One x from my Desire HD.

There is one thing that bugs me about the Desire though: when I lose coverage (very often as I live near the border and my house seems to be made of lead:rolleyes:) the phone flashes up other networks to connect to when I'm in the middle of doing something - watching video, on twitter etc - interfering with what I'm doing, serious pita. (And before anyone suggests setting it to automatic, that's no good to me as it'll connect to VF UK, costing me a fortune!)

Anyway, has anyone had this problem with the One X? I don't think I could put up with another phone doing this on me.

In terms of the battery issue my friend was having, having looked at it, there was a process called mediaserver taking up 40% of the battery, and when I looked into it, it can be caused by a bug in the gallery. I cleared out the gallery and did an update to the latest rom via the link on the last page, and there has been a big improvement - I had the phone last night and it went from 85% down to 82% overnight which is fairly impressive with syncing on

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Thomasofmel

eoin_mcg wrote: »
    tok9 wrote: »
    same

The European 1.29 RUU update is available to download from here:
    www.filefactory.com/file/3mf2pymcpok7/n/RUU_ENDEAVOR_U_ICS_40_HTC_Europe_1.29.401.7_Radio_1.1204.104.14_release_259281_signed.exe

I installed it fine on my phone (before going ahead and rooting it and installing a custom rom on it). Took 5 mins. Just remember to have your phone charged at least 50% before or it wont run the installer.

Can you install this one onto a non rooted phone with no problem? I have Vodafone branded one x?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Can you install this one onto a non rooted phone with no problem? I have Vodafone branded one x?
    Unfortunately you can't. The only option at the moment for branded phones is to unlock the phone using HTCdev.com.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Ordered my HTC One X on Friday. Should have it by Wednesday. Looking forward to moving back to android from iOS and being able to customise my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

In terms of the battery issue my friend was having, having looked at it, there was a process called mediaserver taking up 40% of the battery, and when I looked into it, it can be caused by a bug in the gallery. I cleared out the gallery and did an update to the latest rom via the link on the last page, and there has been a big improvement - I had the phone last night and it went from 85% down to 82% overnight which is fairly impressive with syncing on

Yeah I've noticed this happening as well, usually when playing music (from the phone at least) or watching a video etc.

I read that it's basically scouring the phone for new videos / pictures but it's bugged so it keeps doing it and eating away at the battery for a while.

I'll try clearing out the gallery for now, but obviously that's not a long term fix, hopefully HTC get on top of this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

I might be buying one of these tomorrow in the CPW on three PAYG. I have a plan with them already though. Flexifit , would this cause any problems?

• Advertisement

LakesKeane wrote: »
    I might be buying one of these tomorrow in the CPW on three PAYG. I have a plan with them already though. Flexifit , would this cause any problems?

It did for me when I did something similar with Meteor. I wanted to buy the meteor PAYG as an upgrade for my plan because it was a little cheaper than getting it sim-free. When the meteor assistant heard this she refused to sell it to me.

The solution was to send my wife in later and she bought it as a "gift for her father". So perhaps don't volunteer the information like I did and you might be grand.

Advertisement