Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One [Megathread]

Options

Comments

OriginV wrote: »
    Due an upgrade would the HTC One M8 be a good option to go for? Or should I go for a newer phone?
    Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Im in the same boat. Think I will hold out to the new year and see what comes out.

M9 only 3 months away. I would wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭ofcork

handed in my m7 to the three store 5 weeks ago to be repaired under warranty..speaker problem..phone was gone a month by the time sbe contacted me to tell me i was getting an m8 as a replacement due to the time wait for parts to fix the m7..decent result in the end even after the messing about with no phone for so long.

I went through the same process and same reasons with o2,liking the m8 so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭nedd

My boot loader is unlocked and I have a custom rom.

Over the last couple of days I have noticed the purple tint on my camera.

What are the chances of HTC repairing under warranty?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I'd undo what you can and then send it off

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭wotswattage

Handed my m7 in last week (purple haze), just got a text message from an 087 number with my reference number saying
    "yourdevice is outside of warranty & a repair estimate has been raised. please contact the store"...

I have the phone exactly 18 months, it has a 2 year warranty right??

Just waiting on the store to get back to me now. Anyone any advice for what to say to them?

EDIT: They are saying there is damage to the case of the phone down at the bottom and that invalidates the warranty. There is a ding or two but nothing major. The guy who took it in said it was ok, now a week later they are saying its damaged. Not happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭ofcork

I had marks on mine from dropping it no case on it and got repaired/replaced no bother with o2 via sbe.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭ACLFC7

I sent my HTC One M7 for repair with Vodafone. My phone has an issue with the usb where it will only charge when it's turned off. It was sent to Fonfix and today I seen the new status "SENT TO SBE UK VODA WUR".
    Any idea how long they usually take?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Keith186

ACLFC7 wrote: »
    I sent my HTC One M7 for repair with Vodafone. My phone has an issue with the usb where it will only charge when it's turned off. It was sent to Fonfix and today I seen the new status "SENT TO SBE UK VODA WUR".
    Any idea how long they usually take?

7-10 working days, maybe longer now because of the time of year.

I handed my M7 into SBE late last week for the purple haze issue. It has a long crack across the screen, so will be interesting to see if they fix the camera or also insist on me paying to have the crack repaired. SBE seemed to think they would insist on the latter.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Guys I've had a HTC One (M7) for about 2 years. It's been great and I love it but in the last few days something has happened to my camera. Taking a photo of something close up is fine, the picture is sharp, but if I move to take a photo of something further away the photo becomes blurry. I have heard something about blurry cameras, is this a software issue? I'm guessing I've done something stupid to lock the focus but I cant seem to fix it! Does anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Zascar wrote: »
    Guys I've had a HTC One (M7) for about 2 years. It's been great and I love it but in the last few days something has happened to my camera. Taking a photo of something close up is fine, the picture is sharp, but if I move to take a photo of something further away the photo becomes blurry. I have heard something about blurry cameras, is this a software issue? I'm guessing I've done something stupid to lock the focus but I cant seem to fix it! Does anyone know?

Maybe try a factory reset and see does that help. Especially if you think it is something to do with the settings. Obviously make sure you back up your phone first.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I bought a then 3 week old M7 in adverts abut 18 months ago ,have box and some sticker set for repairs ,I'm now getting the pink purple haze in the camera.
    Ive emailed HTC Ireland support and waiting on a response, what time frame am i looking at folks?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

May never get a response. I didn't so I rang them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

Keano wrote: »

Seconded. Just ring them. They're pretty good on phone support compared to emailing them.

But, if you mean a time line for repairs, anything from 2 to 6 weeks turnaround.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

My HTC one m7 is 13 months old so outside the emobile warranty, if I send it for repair to sbe direct myself do I need to include proof of purchase of the phone?

BArra wrote: »
    My HTC one m7 is 13 months old so outside the emobile warranty, if I send it for repair to sbe direct myself do I need to include proof of purchase of the phone?

If you got it on contract with eMobile, they should still look after you.

The M7 has a 2 year manufacturers guarantee. When you bring it to SBE, they don't ask for proof of purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,487 ✭✭✭pah

Zascar wrote: »

Exact same problem, replaced with a new handset by HTC via meteor.

I also dealt with sbe recently with a nexus 5 under warranty, repaired and returned to me in exactly 1 week.

Got a response with suggestion to factory reset which didnt help, got onto them again earlier today and hope to get a response soon.
    I use the camera a lot so this issue is really sickening to say the least.

You are just better off sending it off to SBE. That's what HTC will tell you to do anyway

• Advertisement

You are just better off sending it off to SBE. That's what HTC will tell you to do anyway

HTC got back to me today and say i have to go the seller/retailer route.
    Since i bought it off adverts from a seller with a 100% positive feedback i guess im stuck with a great phone with screwed camera :(

I bought my M7 off a friend, had no receipt or anything. Just send it off to SBE with a note of what's wrong with it and your address. Worst thing that happens is that they send it back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭OriginV

Just got a HTC One M8 on vodaphone and it has a tiny green dot seems like a dead pixel any way of fixing this myself or do I have to send it off?

Just got a HTC One M8 on vodaphone and it has a tiny green dot seems like a dead pixel any way of fixing this myself or do I have to send it off?

If you just got it from Vodafone you should bring it back to them. They surely have an exchange policy. They'd look after you.

About how long are people batteries lasting?

About how long are people batteries lasting?

It all depends on use and if you have apps running in the background. I found that my m7 had a terrible battery life. I backed everything up on it and did a factory reset. It is now back to normal and I get the whole day out of the phone. Considering yours is new, I don't think a back up will work.

What do you have running on it? Wifi, gps etc

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    It all depends on use and if you have apps running in the background. I found that my m7 had a terrible battery life. I backed everything up on it and did a factory reset. It is now back to normal and I get the whole day out of the phone. Considering yours is new, I don't think a back up will work.

What do you have running on it? Wifi, gps etc
    Would only be running WiFi and one or two apps which should not be to intensive.

Would only be running WiFi and one or two apps which should not be to intensive.

And how long does the battery last?

SBE site seems to be offline all over xmas :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Lads has anyone sent back their phone to HTC for repair? How long does it take?
    My camera is blurry, I've tried everything, need to be fixed. What's the process?

Advertisement