Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

That's a steal. It's 600 quid on three

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Really do hope I get a phone back this week. Be it a new one or my old one back and reapaired. It'll be gone 3 weeks tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

Really do hope I get a phone back this week. Be it a new one or my old one back and reapaired. It'll be gone 3 weeks tomorrow

I sent mine in on the 17th of October and got a clearly damaged phone back which i refused, again on Friday just gone the same thing another damaged phone.

so its for the second time being sent back.

Check every inch of the phone for any damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭ofcork

Have HTC M7 but just ordered HTC M8 on Amazon.de black Friday lightening deal for €429. Was it worth it?

Adverts have them from around 350.

I sent mine in on the 17th of October and got a clearly damaged phone back which i refused, again on Friday just gone the same thing another damaged phone.

so its for the second time being sent back.

Check every inch of the phone for any damage.
    When I got mine back last time it was fine,new case as the writing was worn on the phone I sent.

• Advertisement

ofcork wrote: »
    Adverts have them from around 350.

Have known too many people that buy expensive phones from the likes of adverts and donedeal, only to discover problems with no come back to the seller. Not worth it IMO.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I think I'm going to wait for the M9 - rumored to be out end of Q1 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Have known too many people that buy expensive phones from the likes of adverts and donedeal, only to discover problems with no come back to the seller. Not worth it IMO.

I've bought brand new sealed in the box HTC One X and HTC One m7 from sellers on Adverts. Never had any issues and even had a repair from HTC without the receipt.

Nothing wrong with adverts as long as a bit of cop on is used.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

had an email back from HTC today regarding sending back my htc one m7 to the uk for repair, due to purple haze in low light camera mode

the agent said because i was in Ireland, that the UK cannot offer repair and that i should return the device to the retailer i got it from (eMobile) who would arrange repairs or if insistent, i could drop it into two places in Dublin, Fonfix or SBE.

im down in Cork so thats not too feasible, i thought surely i could just send it direct to them. id rather not deal with emobile who might not package it sufficiently etc

Im with O2 and just went back to the store who sent it off each time.

• Advertisement

BArra wrote: »
    had an email back from HTC today regarding sending back my htc one m7 to the uk for repair, due to purple haze in low light camera mode

the agent said because i was in Ireland, that the UK cannot offer repair and that i should return the device to the retailer i got it from (eMobile) who would arrange repairs or if insistent, i could drop it into two places in Dublin, Fonfix or SBE.

im down in Cork so thats not too feasible, i thought surely i could just send it direct to them. id rather not deal with emobile who might not package it sufficiently etc

Sounds like rubbish tbh, ive repaired directly through HTC and wouldn't accept that response did you call them on 1 800 995 482‎ ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,503 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

beno619 wrote: »
    Sounds like rubbish tbh, ive repaired directly through HTC and wouldn't accept that response did you call them on 1 800 995 482‎ ?

To be fair your contract is with the vendor, not the supplier - unless you've moved into extended warranty period. Which means you really should be dealing with the store - the onus is on them for the repair/replacement/refund. Right?

dulpit wrote: »
    To be fair your contract is with the vendor, not the supplier - unless you've moved into extended warranty period. Which means you really should be dealing with the store - the onus is on them for the repair/replacement/refund. Right?

Depends maybe if the phone was on contract ? I usually buy my phones outright so would go straight to HTC for support and expect decent costumer service.

beno619 wrote: »
    Depends maybe if the phone was on contract ? I usually buy my phones outright so would go straight to HTC for support and expect decent costumer service.

Irrespective. Consumer law is that your sale agreement is with the store, not the manufacturer. So the store should look after repairs/etc. unless you have a warranty with the manufacturer which overrides the store (so check the warranty).

I would always go to the phone shop, they sold it so they should sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Vinny-Chase

Hey all,
    Came here looking at a battery issue. After about 2 hours I'm down to about 75%. I've tried wiping cache, as per this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2kMgejnjjw but no joy. I'm also seeing on here that the pink/ purple issue with the camera is not just me. What is the deal with that?

Is it possible to replace the battery?

I'm thinking I might try a factory reset. Can anyone recommend back up options before I wipe it?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Yes do a factory reseat. HTC Backup is actually pretty good! I used it the other day, pretty painless process

Cheers Zascar. Does it back up apps & settings?

Pretty much - but I used MyBackupPro also just in case

Cool. I have that too, so I'll play it safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

I sent my relatively new HTC one mini back for repair a couple of weeks ago and got a call to go and pick it up today, went to the store and was handed a brand spanking new HTC one M8 for my troubles, with a letter from HTC verifying the exchange. Great service and stoked about my *free phone.

(I had my previous phone insured but its not worth half the value of the m8 - what did I do here?)

• Advertisement

You got very lucky :D

it's so beautiful :D

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭wotswattage

pharmaton were you dealing with the phone vendor or HTC?
    I'm nowhere near Dublin so the dropping into the HTC centre isn't really an option... I'd have no problem sending them the phone in a Jiffy bag.

My M7 has the purple camera issue I'm prob gonna send it back soon. I have it about 17 months at this stage, and didn't really notice the camera gradually worsening over time but its pretty bad now. I do remember it having amazing low light performance when new..

pharmaton were you dealing with the phone vendor or HTC?
    I'm nowhere near Dublin so the dropping into the HTC centre isn't really an option... I'd have no problem sending them the phone in a Jiffy bag.

My M7 has the purple camera issue I'm prob gonna send it back soon. I have it about 17 months at this stage, and didn't really notice the camera gradually worsening over time but its pretty bad now. I do remember it having amazing low light performance when new..
    I went through the vendor. I'm outside of Dublin myself so I wasn't expecting much at all, just hoping my phone would be fixed. I got the mini in May and it was working perfectly until the power button went on it one day, it just phased out over a period of a couple of hours so I was unable turn it off or on. The M8 appears to have a much sturdier power button and the added benefit of motion launch which awakens the display by tapping the screen. Happy with that, it's a nice little feature and will probably lessen my use of the power button so hopefully won't encounter similar problems in the future.

I sent it away a little over two weeks ago, 21st of Nov. I think so it took a bit of waiting but appears to have been worth it. Still getting used to having a monster of a phone, was very used to the mini, with my little hands an all. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭wotswattage

Cool thanks! To be honest I'd be happy with a fixed camera on my m7 it's been great since day one -but of course I'd take an m8 as a replacement!!

I may wait until after Christmas to send it back. Please tell me its Meteor you dealt with :)
    It seems HTC are great to deal with for warranty issues, and some retailers are better than others...

it was Vodafone, hence my surprise!

So I was using my camera today on lo and behold there was a purple tinge to everything. Now my phone has a single crack across the bottom of the screen. Do you think HTC will repair the camera if there is a crack on the screen?
    I might add that I just got my M8 off Amazon today but would like to get the camera fixed so I can give the phone to my son.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Anyone able to tell me can the one m8 be flashed with the play edition rom?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I have a One Mini and twice in the past few days its ended up in the bootloader menu. Once this morning while turning off the alarm and/or disconnecting the charger. and once last week I cant recall exactly what I was doing when it happened.
    I was unaware of how to put the phone into the bootloader menu so cant figure out how it ended up going into it especially while still half asleep this morning.

I've had no problems with the phone so far but its bugging me that its just going into this menu and taking a good few minutes to get it back to load up as normal.
    Has anybody encountered this on their device?

• Advertisement

jozi wrote: »
    Anyone able to tell me can the one m8 be flashed with the play edition rom?

You need S-off to fully convert to GPE: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/how-convert-htc-one-m8-stock-into-google-play-edition-1469593

Or if you want you can flash a ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2706391 (that's just the first I spotted, it's a 5.0.1 GPE ROM).

Advertisement