Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One [Megathread]

Options

Comments

Techless wrote: »
    Does the HTC backup save and restore passwords/Logins ?

Do you need to be set up with a HTC account ?

I can't be 100% sure if it will restore your passwords, I think you will need to sign back in to your accounts.

You setup the HTC backup directly from your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

Basil3 wrote: »
    It's a known fault and will be repaired under warranty.

Where do I send it?

Where do I send it?

If I purchased through a carrier, or on contract, I would go to the carrier. Otherwise, I would just google HTC and call their service centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

If I purchased through a carrier, or on contract, I would go to the carrier. Otherwise, I would just google HTC and call their service centre.

Cheers I will contact htc tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Just upgraded my M7 from 4.2 to 4.4.2 and the battery life is gone through the floor. Lucky to get 5 hours out of it with light use. Would easily last all day before the upgrade.
    Must be something I can change in setting to improve it a bit. Any suggestions?

It's also hanging whenever I try to check for upgrades

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭WexIan

I got an update to 4.4.3 recently and battery performance improved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

More first world problems! HTC One M8. When the password screen is on (phone is locked) the camera randomly opens. I'm guessing it's a shortcut of some description sort but it only ever happens in my pocket. Drives me mad when I'm listening to something and the camera opens..

Any ideas?

More first world problems! HTC One M8. When the password screen is on (phone is locked) the camera randomly opens. I'm guessing it's a shortcut of some description sort but it only ever happens in my pocket. Drives me mad when I'm listening to something and the camera opens..

Any ideas?

How are you putting it in your pocket? There's one shortcut when the phone has it's screen off and you lift it to horizontal and press the volume button, the camera will open.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

MOH wrote: »
    Just upgraded my M7 from 4.2 to 4.4.2 and the battery life is gone through the floor. Lucky to get 5 hours out of it with light use. Would easily last all day before the upgrade.
    Must be something I can change in setting to improve it a bit. Any suggestions?

It's also hanging whenever I try to check for upgrades

Looks like 4G might have been the culprit.
    I'd just ported to 3 with free 4G, didn't realise at first it might be a drain.
    I then turned it off under Mobile Data, but then when I upgraded it somehow got set back on again.
    Turning it off seems to have slowed the drain quite a lot. Kind of defeats the purpose though.

Anybody know anything about the purple tint on the camera fault?
    Tis a load of me hole!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭donnyb28

Does anyone else have digitizer issues? Mine sometimes seems to have a mind of its own and will register multiple taps in a few seconds making everything so crazy. Other times the lock screen wont register my swipes at all, its a shame because other than that its a brilliant phone.

Wondering will I send it off to HTC? Anyone else done that before?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

urbanledge wrote: »
    Tis a load of me hole!

Only solution is a replacement camera. Should still be under the 2 year warranty, so send it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

How are you putting it in your pocket? There's one shortcut when the phone has it's screen off and you lift it to horizontal and press the volume button, the camera will open.

This is exactly it! Not sure how I haven't noticed before but it's related to raising the volume! I wish it wouldn't apply when there was actual audio being played. Is there a way of disabling it?

I'll have a look in settings. Cheers!

As an aside, do these phones have a 2 year warranty in Europe? I thought I had read that it was USA only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭mobby

urbanledge wrote: »
    Tis a load of me hole!

Yes, I have had that issue, HTC tell me to drop it into crowd call SBE in Rathcoole, Co Dublin, Who then send it to HTC UK for Repair. Could take two weeks. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

This is exactly it! Not sure how I haven't noticed before but it's related to raising the volume! I wish it wouldn't apply when there was actual audio being played. Is there a way of disabling it?

As an aside, do these phones have a 2 year warranty in Europe? I thought I had read that it was USA only.

That can be disabled in settings/display and gestures/motion launch gestures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭mobby

Yes Two Year warranty.

mobby wrote: »
    Yes, I have had that issue, HTC tell me to drop it into crowd call SBE in Rathcoole, Co Dublin, Who then send it to HTC UK for Repair. Could take two weeks. :eek:

That's exactly what I did. Took about 2 weeks alright, but it's been perfect ever since.

Android 5.0 Lollipop official: what you need to know http://www.androidauthority.com/android-5-0-lollipop-official-538842/

So when do you think we will see this on our HTC One's?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Within 9 days of Google releasing code, hopefully before February in some shape or form, if your rooted I'd say you'll definitely be running it before in February.

Android 5.0 Lollipop official: what you need to know http://www.androidauthority.com/android-5-0-lollipop-official-538842/

HTC have gone on record saying they aim for 90 days to release any Android update to their devices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭nedd

Hopefully someone can help. I am rooted and have flashed loads of roms over the years.

Recently I have been using Carbon rom but the screen lag when waking the phone up had been really bad. Has anyone else using custom cyanogen based roms noticed this?

Is there a fix? Kernel update? Firmware update?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Anyone know when we'll see this update here for the M8?

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/131266-htc-one-m8-update-welcome-to-the-htc-eye-experience

Checked on the phone itself to see was there any update, no go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

Anyone know when we'll see this update here for the M8?

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/131266-htc-one-m8-update-welcome-to-the-htc-eye-experience

Checked on the phone itself to see was there any update, no go.

I just checked on mine and it is now installing this latest update!

I am using an unlocked M8 on Meteor network.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

reni10 wrote: »
    I just checked on mine and it is now installing this latest update!

I am using an unlocked M8 on Meteor network.

Just checked and this update is available on Vodafone now too.

Still nothing on Three :(

Unless I'm missing something obvious? I'm checking in settings > about > software updates

Still nothing on Three :(

Unless I'm missing something obvious? I'm checking in settings > about > software updates

3 are always useless with updates. At this stage you have an 18 month old device....you might as well root it and flash the latest software as soon as it becomes available. It will be even more painful for you when everyone moves to Lollipop and you're stuck on Kitkat!

18 month old? it only came out this year! It's the M8 I have. I'm new to Android so only still getting used to KitKat so no problem there for me :D

Three are bad though, only with them because when I was on Meteor I couldn't get a bar of signal in this house. If I wanted to make a call I'd have to almost go to the end of the street, which you can imagine, wasn't very convenient in Irish winters. I'd been with them years - only started when we moved to this place, a black spot or something for their signal they said :/ funny how three's signal, at least, is grand.

Anyway, I suppose I'll just keep checking daily for the update.

3 are always useless with updates. At this stage you have an 18 month old device....you might as well root it and flash the latest software as soon as it becomes available. It will be even more painful for you when everyone moves to Lollipop and you're stuck on Kitkat!

I'm with you on rooting and flashing, as it's the M7 that I have and it's pretty much at the end of its warranty period anyway so I've got nothing to loose.

Slightly off topic, but when I come to sell it (probably around next March when I'm due an upgrade), what's the general consensus on selling rooted devices? Does it put off potential buyers, do you think?

It's a huge advantage to the user, IMO. I'm running ViperOne ROM on mine atm, and it has lots of little tricks that standard Sense can't do, plus unreal battery life. I've been using Sense 6 on Android 4.4.3 for about a month now, and I'm open to correction, but I doubt I'd have received that sort of update so soon with Three. Is it even at that stage with Three right now??

I'm with you on rooting and flashing, as it's the M7 that I have and it's pretty much at the end of its warranty period anyway so I've got nothing to loose.

Slightly off topic, but when I come to sell it (probably around next March when I'm due an upgrade), what's the general consensus on selling rooted devices? Does it put off potential buyers, do you think?

It's a huge advantage to the user, IMO. I'm running ViperOne ROM on mine atm, and it has lots of little tricks that standard Sense can't do, plus unreal battery life. I've been using Sense 6 on Android 4.4.3 for about a month now, and I'm open to correction, but I doubt I'd have received that sort of update so soon with Three. Is it even at that stage with Three right now??

Yeah, I rooted my M8 within hours of getting it :D

Have you flashed any of my stuff on the Venom Hub?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

It's easy enough to return a device to stock make it a sim free UK device so it receives updates from HTC without threes bloat.

Advertisement