Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

The ad at the bottom is for a bike

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,692 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'm not too sure about this whole cycling business, but ohhhhh do I have an idea...we should all go camping together some weekend!...

The idea is officially...OUT THERE...!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Panthro wrote: »
    I'm not too sure about this whole cycling business, but ohhhhh do I have an idea...we should all go camping together some weekend!...

Cogs in motion here..... :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Camping, eh? :cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Panthro wrote: »

Camping and cycling on the Aran Islands!

Morning all.Back to work after a nice 3 days of nothing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Daisies wrote: »
    awec wrote: »
    Cycled 14k tonight! :)
    You'll be rivalling Pem soon!
    Don't do it,it leads to busted wrists and dizzy spells!!!!
    Eh neither of those are bike related :p:o I'm clumsy everywhere bar on the bike :)

I'm up for camping and biking in the Aran Islands, I even have a tent :)

Morning all!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I spend a weekend on Inis Oirr with 5 mates back in '06.

Mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

G'Morning Ladies and Gents.

It's Friday, I've a party later and to add just another bit of happiness to my day, I'm moving offices today, so I'm all :D and really looking forward to checking out the view of the city from the new place.

I got told I could stop working and pack up my desk at 3pm; ha my desk consists of simply one pc that I could dismantle and pack in under five minutes, think I'd best not let the higher up catch wind of this info; Good thing I've another book in with me :cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Gah, left my cousins at 10 past 8, couldn't find the bus stop, no taxis to be had, I'm running late.Arrrgghh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Ah hoy there!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Morning! :) lazy day ahead for me! Got to go to the doc to get my sprained wrist seen to, then get to go home and be lazy. Time for a couch, blanket, movie and internet :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

ok so you guys can camp out and I'll take the nearest B&B.. like my home comforts :D

as for the cycling, can I bring my vespa and set the pace? :pac:

Tp is a very intelligent man :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Tp is a very intelligent man :D

Why thank you!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Can't wait for my lab to be over tonight - I'm going to do horribly in it as I haven't done a tap :(

Then home for a bit of a spring clean and then relaxing for the night - can't wait to rest up this weekend!

God, i hated labs when i was in college. Almost as bad as tutorials :( at least you can relax for the weekend though.
    Oh man, i'm an hour early for my doc appointment. A trip that should have taken an hour somehow took fifteen minutes. I get to stand around like an idiot. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    ok so you guys can camp out and I'll take the nearest B&B.. like my home comforts :D

as for the cycling, can I bring my vespa and set the pace? :pac:
    Lazy and soft :pac: And you call yourself a man!
    PaulieC wrote: »
    Can't wait for my lab to be over tonight - I'm going to do horribly in it as I haven't done a tap :(

Then home for a bit of a spring clean and then relaxing for the night - can't wait to rest up this weekend!
    Labs can surprise you, fingers crossed :)

Pembily wrote: »
    Labs can surprise you, fingers crossed :)

They're never good suprises!!

Pembily wrote: »
    Lazy and soft :pac: And you call yourself a man!

I prefer forward thinking and intelligent!! :p

A nice comfy bed in a warm room compared to sleeping on the damp ground in a wind battered tent and getting to see the sights without having to kill yerself battling against Atlantic winds.. :D

• Administrators Posts: 53,386 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Smores whilst camping, just not with Hershey's!

• Administrators Posts: 53,386 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

You sure it's coffee?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Weekend plans lads/lassies?

For moi:

Tonight:

Heading to Bohemians V Monaghan this evening with a couple of friends. Planning to head in early enough to get a few drinks at the bar.

We'll either head back to Ashbourne or head into town that night. Not really sure which yet. Take it as it comes I guess.

Tomorrow:

Go for a run tomorrow morning is the plan then get showered etc and watch Chelsea V Arsenal that afternoon followed by Newcastle V Stoke. (I like football in case you haven't noticed). :pac:

Heading for tapas/drinks with some boardsies tomorrow evening. Where we end up afterwards is anybody's guess. :)

Sunday:

Absolutely nothing planned as of yet. May go for another run but all depends on how tired I am from the previous night.

Might go to the cinema or watch football. Haven't any plans so if something pops up I'll go along with that. :)

That's about it really.

mine:

Friday:

Work meal/night out leaving do for our fallen comerades - equipped wiht free food and drink - I am gonna take the unholy piss wiht this one! :pac:

Saturday:

Bringing the girlfriend to the zoo! I wanna see penguins!!
    then probably watch el classico with the aul lad!

Sunday:

Gym in the morning, followed by a massive fry up to discount all the good work in the gym, then watch the Man united match with the aul lad - and hopefully go to see a band play in our local!

should be a fun weekend! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

absolutely - annoyingly this week hasn't been a good one but theres a staff night out tomorrow - free food and drink so we forget about our fallen breatheren! (they are gonna be there so that should be fun! )
    I read about the jobs in your place. So sorry to hear that :( Drink all the free beers! :D

Sounds like a good weekend, TG! Hadn't noticed you like soccer :p
    Tonight: work late, go for a run, be lazy
    Tomorrow: yoga, brunch, hair appointment, tapas and drinks
    Sunday: recover from drinks, 16k run with a pal

Daisies, do you have a smartphone? There's a Dublin Bus app which shows you where the nearest stops are, and which routes serve those stops. It's a lifesaver! Hope you found work :)

Hermione* wrote: »
    I read about the jobs in your place. So sorry to hear that :( Drink all the free beers! :D

Cheers - yeah I certainly plan to! :D

Weekend Plans:

Tonight:
    Fly home
    Sleep

Tomorrow:
    A nice long lie in
    Decent breakfast
    Go for a long walk if weather permits
    Chillout evening

Sunday:
    Same as Saturday..

:)

• Advertisement

For me:

Tonight:
    - Finish work and head home for a snack while cramming notes
    - Head into my lab for the dreaded LAN switching and Wireless lab exam
    - Home for another snack
    - Clean up the house a bit
    - Call to my mates and chill out for what's left of 4/20

Saturday:
    - Up early, finish cleaning the house and my room
    - Do some reading/study
    - Training at 4:30
    - Weather permitting head to the park with the lads - potentially head for a swim
    - Chill out and watch a movie for the night

Sunday:
    - Pretty much the same, relaxing and catching up on rest for a game Monday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement