Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Lads (and laydeez!), any suggestions for a scary movie night?

Bear in mind me and my mates are the biggest wusses in the world! Last time we all hid in a duvet, a cushion fart and behind each other for the whole of the Shining, so Wolf Creek is probably not an option :P

Fixed your post there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    Insidious... Just... Holy crap.

Insidious was actually terrifying!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

Insidious is great!

Just watched God Bless America! It's pretty damn good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Bear in mind me and my mates are the biggest wusses in the world! Last time we all hid in a duvet, a cushion fort and behind each other for the whole of the Shining, so Wolf Creek is probably not an option :P

If you are looking for a horror movie thats not really a horror,and if ye can stand subtitles,Id recommend The Orphanage,its a Spanish flick and is brilliant.

Its more a ghost story/suspense movie as opposed to a horror.

If you want a good horror film, either of the Sex and the City films should hit the mark.

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

About Schmidt. Kathy Bates gets them out... *shudder* Horrifying. :pac:

I'd go with the following:

28 Days Later
    Audition
    The Orphanage

18AD wrote: »
    Insidious is great!

Just watched God Bless America! It's pretty damn good.

Ha, looks daycent... think I'll acquire a version of it tonight an give it an aul' watch ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

Say it's interesting though, what kinda programs are you tryna break?

Well yea it's interesting alright, I mean I was just out of college (again) and now I'm left thinking up plans to try test really experienced developers stuff so it's all good fun and my team are great craic. I'm just working with different Linux applications and virtual machines.

The last scary movie that I watched that made me jump on occasion was John Carpenters The Ward, his previous work Ghosts of Mars was good too, though probably a bit closer to an action movie than Horror; Eden log had it moments, though I'm not sure if you like subtitled films.

I generally just laugh my ass off at Horror films nowadays like Dead Snow, The Grudge and Dark Water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

A few of my housemates had friends over today, one girl had a friend with a little boy and the landlord's dad is here.

One of them must have used the girl's bathroom and left the seat up and I fell in :mad:

I'm so angry!

I'm trying so hard not to laugh right now....but it's with you I swears, not at you :pac:
    G-Money wrote: »
    Fixed your post there.

You're so very mature sometimes.... :D

I'm liking the look of Insidious and the Orphanage! All right, liking isn't the right word, but ya know... I'll have to go watch the Youtube trailers now :)

That_Guy wrote: »
    About Schmidt. Kathy Bates gets them out... *shudder* Horrifying. :pac:

I'd go with the following:

28 Days Later
    Audition
    The Orphanage

Possibly NSFW (it's actually not what ya think :p )

kathy-bates.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

A few of my housemates had friends over today, one girl had a friend with a little boy and the landlord's dad is here.

One of them must have used the girl's bathroom and left the seat up and I fell in :mad:

I'm so angry!

I. Hate. That.

Not only is there the initial fright of a little fall, but the pain when ya hit the bowl and the cold splash of water on yer arse.

I do be like a bull when it happens to me :mad:

I'm so angry!

How big is the frickin toilet????
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

How big is the frickin toilet????
    :eek:

How fat do you think my bum is??? :mad:

I'm so angry!

Is there no light in your bathroom?

How fat do you think my bum is??? :mad:

Well I aint exactly slim jim and Ive never came close to falling into the jacks!

Did you have a Renton moment?
    :pac:

I'm so angry!

(Firstly, I just want to apologise)

...but if men can put the seat up, can't women put it down :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Well I aint exactly slim jim and Ive never came close to falling into the jacks!

:pac:

That was totally a trap to make you sweat a little. :pac:

A friend of mine has a great comeback to guys asking them "You calling me fat?" Most lads can't handle it.

Its only the girls who use that bathroom so I didn't look.

A friend of mine has a great comeback to guys asking them "You calling me fat?" Most lads can't handle it.

They don't need to say anything. Just look at it and then raise an eyebrow. :cool:

Ha I was actually just checking youtube to find a cut scene that only showed the diving in part and not the..ahem previos 'movement' :p

cade wrote: »
    Ha I was actually just checking youtube to find a cut scene that only showed the diving in part and not the..ahem previos 'movement' :p

Strangely enough when I think of looking up a scene from Trainspotting, the toilet scene is not the first one that comes to mind :D

• Advertisement

Strangely enough when I think of looking up a scene from Trainspotting, the toilet scene is not the first one that comes to mind :D

Well it's not the first that comes to my mind, just the one that suited the topic. I'd probably remember the baby on the Ceiling or Renton shooting the airsoft rifle scenes the most, though that film was rife of memorable scenes.

Spud with the bed sheets or Begbie throwing the glass for me.

Just saw a headline on breaking news that read "Explosives found in Cork quarry"

What are the odds. I guess the follow up will be "stones found in Cork quarry".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    I. Hate. That.

Not only is there the initial fright of a little fall, but the pain when ya hit the bowl and the cold splash of water on yer arse.

I do be like a bull when it happens to me :mad:

Ah jeez, wtf?

Do yiz not even look at the loo before you sit down?

I wouldn't sit without a quick glance, even on my own en-suite, sure you have to at least look to see if the lid is up or down, never mind the seat?

And, even if you didn't look and even if the seat was up ... how on earth could you possibly end up in the water?! :confused:

I am very confused here ... :o

Ah jeez, wtf?

Do yiz not even look at the loo before you sit down?

I wouldn't sit without a quick glance, even on my own en-suite, sure you have to at least look to see if the lid is up or down, never mind the seat?

And, even if you didn't look and even if the seat was up ... how on earth could you possibly end up in the water?! :confused:

I am very confused here ... :o

Maybe they confused it with the bath :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I never check whether or not my toilet seat is down, I live with a girl therefore its generally down. When its up I rarely notice and I've fallen in (not in in but in enough) and while I done hit the water (my ass ain't that small :pac: ) there's always a splash :mad: I only mind it when it happens when I'm half asleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

You fell in? Hmmmmm well don't approach it from this angle next time?

SuperStock_1598R-221695.jpg

Been following the "discrimination against men" thread here. Wondering if I should go make some popcorn... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

Been following the "discrimination against men" thread here. Wondering if I should go make some popcorn... :D

I think you should.... some for me too? :D

• Advertisement

tatumkelly wrote: »
    I think you should.... some for me too? :D

If you are female then yes, if you are male, then no :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement