Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most annoying advertisement?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

RVP 11 wrote: »
    "on the way to yer ma's.........
    .....6772222......TAXIIII ........TAXIIIII........TAXIIIII.........

''Get off the bus, ride with us''. Nah, I'll save a tenner and get the bus home from town, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Plumpynutt wrote: »
    "How are the spicy noodles?"
    LAHV-LEEEEEE!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Uggghhhh, this from Burger King. I don't know what annoys me more, the stupid sound he makes or his ugly gormless punchable face........:mad:

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for me to buy an Angus XT burger, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you STOP making stupid ads now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

The health insurance with the one going about 'what worked for Kiovvvehawaaaaa' and 'when yurrrrrr worried about yur tiny baaaaaaaaaaabies'.

Makes me violent.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Also the one with Liv Tyler, awful. That music, no. It ought to be a tampon ad really, it's in the same style.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,387 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I think it's a meteor advert where the guy is getting this sister to translate Spanish to impress a woman on holiday. And it turns out she is English.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

That fcuking yodeling ad on Radio 1. I have no idea what its for, but my god i get murderous when it comes on

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

The operatic 'Go Compare' ads really got on my man tits, seems the ad was on every time ATR took a break ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Those 3 Irish football team ads are the worst I have ever seen.

I love the no nonsense adds.
    I'm yer wan!
    Classic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

So...much...douchebaggery.

First, the clichéd girl-nagging-the-guy scene (though in fairness, it's not like it's his fault he has a small penis).
    American fratboy then proceeds to regale the quaint locals with tales about said small penis, before the ad ends with this entitled douchebag apparently about to start a fight with a minimum-wage Russian waiter just for taking his almost-empty glass, which he gets back anyway.

Sadly, this ad only perpetuates the myths about Heineken drinkers.

I hate that ad as well. He could also have gotten out any of the train stations between Paris and Moscow and headed back, would've saved him an awful amount of time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

The Coke ad for the Olympics with Mark Ronson and the Athletes.

I'm pretty sure if you are a regular drinker of coke then competing in the Olympics is the last thing you'll be doing.

griffdaddy wrote: »
    I hate that ad as well. He could also have gotten out any of the train stations between Paris and Moscow and headed back, would've saved him an awful amount of time

<pedantic>It was a direct train</pedantic>

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

I want to do a poo in Pauls house.
    I hope that kid grows up to kills his parents, the casting director and all associated with that ad

cost plus sofas swo annoying there always a sale on in there store im sure thats illegal

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

I'm sure it will have been mentioned already, but the Apache Pizza ad I hear on Today FM!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭dmcronin

I'm sure it will have been mentioned already, but the Apache Pizza ad I hear on Today FM!! :mad:

Borderline offensive, if we had a Native American community here.

dmcronin wrote: »
    Borderline offensive, if we had a Native American community here.

How?

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

The ads for Dublin Bus, with the doofus talking about his car's horsepower, and the D4 girl getting a taxi, if I recall correctly.

I hate negative advertising like that: "Man, cars and taxis are really crap, and look at these annoying idiots who use them!! Are YOU an annoying idiot too!!??"

I also hate that they give the annoying guy a speech impediment (I don't know how to describe it exactly, but it gives his "s's" a raspy, spitty sound), as though to say "Look at this eejit with his stupid car, he talks funny! Do you want people to think you talk funny!!??"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

The ads for Dublin Bus, with the doofus talking about his car's horsepower, and the D4 girl getting a taxi, if I recall correctly.

I hate negative advertising like that: "Man, cars and taxis are really crap, and look at these annoying idiots who use them!! Are YOU an annoying idiot too!!??"

I also hate that they give the annoying guy a speech impediment (I don't know how to describe it exactly, but it gives his "s's" a raspy, spitty sound), as though to say "Look at this eejit with his stupid car, he talks funny! Do you want people to think you talk funny!!??"
    I would love to see a counter ad. At the start a person is standing in the cold rain waiting for the bus which arrives late with the bus driver is a huge ahole and wont give back change. You have to decide were to sit near the PJ wans, the head to ball or the junkies and get the nice smell of piss/bo and hash.

oh wait

cant stand the go conqure ads have they makers ever been out in ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭taxus_baccata

That new Tesco ad is driving me nuts, the one with the stupid "from small things good things grow*" song. Is that even a proper song or is it a jingle? And that big I on products does that actually mean that the products are fully Irish or just packaged here?

*may not be actual lyrics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Im not sure, as regards ads though:

the onedirect.ie ad is infintely times more annoying, i need to hit the mute button when i see it.

The boots 3 for 2 advert, i never miss

That is all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

That stupid specsavers ad on the radio where the grandchild is playing I spy with his grandmother. He says something beginning with e while you can hear an elephant in the background his grandmother still can't guess and they say that she needs to go to specsavers. What she should get is a hearing aid :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

That stupid specsavers ad on the radio where the grandchild is playing I spy with his grandmother. He says something beginning with e while you can hear an elephant in the background his grandmother still can't guess and they say that she needs to go to specsavers. What she should get is a hearing aid :rolleyes:

Don't they now do hearing aids too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

That tune in the new Bose speakers ad caught my ear. I really like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,001 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

That God-awful Seanie Mac.com ad.Probably the most baffling,cringeworthy thing on the box in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭Archeron

The ad for Corsadyl with the sexy girl missing a tooth has the best slogan ever for a product. Corsadyl, for people who drip blood when they brush their teeth.
    Catchy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭...__...

To the asshole with the ol laptoparooney if you tell me what appens when you put your lucky rugby coat on again ill hunt you down....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

"It's so simple, even an adult could get it..."

F**k off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Cadburys heroes... 'the thing to bring when you're told don't bring a thing'
    that has to be the worst tag line I've heard in years.
    Nobody would invite you over and say 'don't bring a thing' and the psycho look on your ones face when she said it :eek:
    When they arrived and handed her the box of chocolates I half expected her to start beating them around the head with it screaming at them 'I TOLD YOU NOT TO BRING A ****ING THING'

Advertisement