Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triax TSC114 - anyone got their hands on one yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

steveon wrote: »
    Only time ive seen ferguson combos fail is when people try and flash them with the wrong firmware trying to do illegal acts... otherwise i havent had a problem with them

To be fair Steve there were some genunine bad eeproms in the 120 on a few batches around Xmas but as you say there are a great deal of problems arising from wrong firmware .

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Tony wrote: »
    To be fair Steve there were some genunine bad eeproms in the 120 on a few batches around Xmas but as you say there are a great deal of problems arising from wrong firmware .

Im sure thats true too Tony....but I cant beleive what Im reading here in the past few mins about people dishing the Fergsuson...I dont sell them myself only due to the Lack of Mheg5 and not been able to compete with local shops on prices on them but have installed over a 100 and had no callbacks..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    FFS, and people here continuously recommending them, talking them up constantly.

I have had no problem with the one I have. My mates have them no problem. Mind you, I haven't loaded any unofficial firmware to them and in general know what I am doing.

Tony who is a Ferguson Agent in Ireland would'nt be selling them if they had serious issues.
    * Note - We have had High levels of returns on Ferguson boxes of late. Read Comparsions between it and the Smart CX61 Combo below - Be an informed buyer
    Irish Support towards Irish issues is the most important thing you should look for when buying a box.

Be an Informed buyer that the Smart CX61 is a German box with support for the German Market only. It does not have extended programme information for Ireland, and none is forthcoming according to the post in this thread.

Be also informed that the CX61 is imported into Ireland and sold (solely I think) through TVtrade.

Again I don't sell anything, so my advice like Tvtrades is be truly informed.

My only concern with the Ferguson boxes is those damn German Plugs...shouldnt be allowed sell them with those plugs attached as there so easy to knock out and I wonder how many boxes have been plugged into shaving adaptors instead of a proper travel adaptor and get returned marked dead for no reason..

Each box sold in Ireland should have a 3 pin adapter supplied.

My only concern with the Ferguson boxes is those damn German Plugs...

• Advertisement

Each box sold in Ireland should have a 3 pin adapter supplied.

I havent seen one included and thats A 100% FACT! they should be put on before they come into the country if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭NewHillel

shblob wrote: »
    bad build quality most likely

You know full well what the issue was with the Ferguson Combo, you've been told often enough. As Tony has just said, its time to stop your nonsense, it's fooling no one. :)

Yes I agree they should but in the absence of that its up to the distributor to provide these . I'm shocked though that you have not seen any included as I'm almost certain its now a legal obligation.

I havent seen one included and thats A 100% FACT! they should be put on before they come into the country if you ask me.

I would have taught it would be but trust me I could name 6 shops alone rite now off the top of my head in Limerick selling them and none include a travel adaptor or plugtop that you push the two pin plug into

Thats pretty poor and the shops leave themselves wide open if anyone complains.

I would have taught it would be but trust me I could name 6 shops alone rite now off the top of my head in Limerick selling them and none include a travel adaptor or plugtop that you push the two pin plug into

• Advertisement

Thats pretty poor and the shops leave themselves wide open if anyone complains.

yup...but I'm sure its widespread across the country hence why they shouldnt be sold here unless the proper plug is fitted before coming here as Im sure that is the proper law as I used to work for a networking company and we had to open every product and remove an american power cord and put in the correct cord for the country each time....happiest day ever when I left lol

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

These are the plugs we get from our supplier for the Ariva:
    open_plug_with_2_pin_in.jpg
    One could also cut off the Euro plug and rewire a 3pin plug :eek:

Now, what was the thread topic again? :pac:

I know those plugs Byte but once again I will state Im yet to see any1 in Limerick supp,y one when they sell them here.,

byte wrote: »

All the way from Sandyford no doubt :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,965 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Yep those are fine - just supplying an appliance with a 2-pin plug (or a push-in adaptor not fixed by a screw) doesn't meet the regulations.

It's not that long ago when just about everything came with bare wires on the end of the flex - remember the ad with the guy using the drill with the matchsticks shoved into the socket :eek:

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Yes I agree they should but in the absence of that its up to the distributor to provide these . I'm shocked though that you have not seen any included as I'm almost certain its now a legal obligation.

It is a legal obligation. It has to be prefitted too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Razr3D

:eek: a lot of issue's on this thread!
    Anyway, as everyone agree's to disagree, does anyone know of another combo stb about to be released that has MHEG5?

ps sorry Tony €90.24 for the ariva 120 of course:)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Razr3D wrote: »
    :eek: a lot of issue's on this thread!
    Anyway, as everyone agree's to disagree, does anyone know of another combo stb about to be released that has MHEG5?

ps sorry Tony €90.24 for the ariva 120 of course:)
    Yes, There is a Walker combi due out some time in the next month or so. This is also rumoured to have 7 day EPG for satellite, though we'll wait and see.

I believe there will also be a combo with MHEG5 from Nordmende later in the Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Razr3D

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Zilog

Yes, There is a Walker combi due out some time in the next month or so. This is also rumoured to have 7 day EPG for satellite, though we'll wait and see. ...
    If that's true it'll clean up - EPG for both free satellite and terrestrial. Feels like the holy grail at the moment :D

• Advertisement

It's unlikely to "autotune" the Freesat channels and it's not a true PVR. Not perhaps the Holiest grail :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭liamtech

watty wrote: »
    It's unlikely to "autotune" the Freesat channels and it's not a true PVR. Not perhaps the Holiest grail :)

Agreed but its probably the best we are gonna get... i cant see there being an auto-tuning combi... ever - The only option i could imagine is the often mentioned FREEVIEW/FREESAT HD+ Combi - That would be the best - assuming of course it ACTUALLY worked with Saorview - after the recent issues i had with the Technisat HDFV, i gotta wonder whether ALL freeview HD gear is 100% compatible

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

Is there ever going to be a "FREEVIEW/FREESAT HD+ Combi"? I think such a thing is rarely mentioned and has a tiny market. Freesat is essentially for people that can't get Freeview. This will be more a reality after 2012 when ALL of the UK is Digital only and all the new UK Terrestrial HD is rolled out and maybe some Local DTT stations launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Zilog

watty wrote: »
    Ah well, after all these years of manual tuning I'll settle for adjacent to the holy grail!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

So any problems with the Ariva is due to either a bad eeprom chip or a bad firmware flash? If you have the official firmware on it all should be ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

snaps wrote: »
    So any problems with the Ariva is due to either a bad eeprom chip or a bad firmware flash? If you have the official firmware on it all should be ok?
    Not necissarily. i had original firmware on the units I had and they all went faulty. 1 with ash and 2 just fully dead and wouldnt turn on.

As said here time and time again no1 has any problems with the Ferguson Arivas apart from people using unoffical firmware problems and a faulty batch this does happen with everything...and I dont think its fair u are trying to tarnish Tony's Good name or reputation...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

Can we not have a single thread in this forum without reported posts and people making snide personal comments??

I'm going to remove all posts that seem to be discussing other posters and not the topic - which is specifically and only about that STB.

Going forward, any comments about another user will result in a week ban.

This ends here.

[one user banned so far]

Has anyone now got the 114 that was previously using the 537 ? Just wondering what your impression is on the difference.

• Advertisement

Has anyone now got the 114 that was previously using the 537 ? Just wondering what your impression is on the difference.

Advantages of TSC114 V HD537 IN my opinion.
    1. Easier to tune in from scratch takes minutes and cannel listing can be saved to usb to clone or progam another box.
    2.. Saorview grapfix now on outer box and on bootup screen to assure customers of saorview approval.
    3. Graphix and menus the same as the Triax Saorview Box Tr112, which is useful should some1 have 1 in a secondary room.

Disadvantages,
    1. No interactive Teletext or red button action on the BBC channels this was available in the hd537 so is a step backwards.

Advertisement