Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Anyone know where I can get a cheap mac mini displayport to HDMI adaptor in Dublin city centre (around 10 euro or so), cheers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Season 4 of Spiral is now up. Great French series.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Anyone know where I can get a cheap mac mini displayport to HDMI adaptor in Dublin city centre (around 10 euro or so), cheers?

Ebay.ie
    I've found Ebay to be considerably cheaper for buying cables, USB sticks and other little knick knacks, even with postage included .

Ebay.ie
    I've found Ebay to be considerably cheaper for buying cables, USB sticks and other little knick knacks, even with postage included .

Yeah, they are cheapest but was looking for one by tomorrow afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Tree of Life added to the Canadian 'Flix. One film I've yet to get around to watching.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

'Boy' added to the US one. It's a New Zealand film. Really enjoyed it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

The Count of Monte Cristo (1998) is on US Netflix, cracking film.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭romperstomper

the miniseries? depardeu?

the miniseries? depardeu?

No the feature film with Guy Pearce.

Edit - it is the mini series, damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭McGrath5

The Hunt

A very well made, smartly written drama about a man whose life is destroyed after a child in his care makes a false accusation against him.

Up on the Irish Netflix.

• Advertisement

McGrath5 wrote: »
    The Hunt

A very well made, smartly written drama about a man whose life is destroyed after a child in his care makes a false accusation against him.

Up on the Irish Netflix.

Excellent film but
    is he really innocent, what about the last part when he's shot at by an anonymous figure when he's out hunting?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,149 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Separate threads for film & TV
    Excellent film but
    is he really innocent, what about the last part when he's shot at by an anonymous figure when he's out hunting?

I think you read that part wrong, he
    was innocent but that was just to show that regardless of him being found innocent his life will probably never be the same again and some folks will always be suspicious
    . Of course I suppose I might have got it wrong not you, but that's how I saw it anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Just finished watching Serving Life on US Netflix.

Actor Forest Whitaker narrates the story of a group of inmate volunteers who staff their own hospice inside a maximum security prison in Louisiana where the average sentence is more than 90 years.

We meet prisoners, who having been jailed for life; reclaim their humanity by caring for fellow prisoners who are dying. In America a life sentence is truely a life sentence. No remission for the terminally ill there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

McGrath5 wrote: »
    The Hunt

Up on the Irish Netflix.

Just watched this today, very good, gripping from start to finish, good shout!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

The Edukators is on US Netflix. I thought it was an excellent film when I saw it a few years ago. In German, with subtitles.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Manchegan

the miniseries? Depardieu?

The Depardieu miniseries is a good adaptation. Rushes through the capture/imprisonment (with Dantes played by Gérard's late son) to get the most out of the intricate revenge. Excellent production.

"Room 237" about Kubricks "The Shining" and season 3 of "Louie" added to Netflix US.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,149 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

"Room 237" about Kubricks "The Shining" and season 3 of "Louie" added to Netflix US.

Louie is brilliant, sometimes it isn't even that funny and deliberately so.

No the feature film with Guy Pearce.

Edit - it is the mini series, damn.

The film is on Netflix UK

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Louie is brilliant, sometimes it isn't even that funny and deliberately so.

Absolutely, some of it is hilarious, some of it is surprisingly poignant and some of it is really serious, overall the mix is fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Absolutely, some of it is hilarious, some of it is surprisingly poignant and some of it is really serious, overall the mix is fantastic.

Louie is not on the Irish Netflix and it sounds great. Hmmmmm ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭trashcan

My PS3 has unfortunately completely given up the ghost after 3 months of YLOD but eventually starting, whats the currently cheapest but reliable wifi method of getting Netflix and USB file playback on to the TV, Apple TV, Roku or Blu Ray player with wifi?

Laptop with HDMI cable works for me.

trashcan wrote: »
    Laptop with HDMI cable works for me.

Yeah, I don't have a laptop but I'm using my imac out with a mini display port converter until I get a BD WifI player, its a bit ungainly stretching the leads across the room and I first used two 3 meter HDMI's with a connector but there was loads of breakup, I bought a .75 meter HDMI today and the picture is perfect now even if the cables are a bit stretched. Been able to watch BBC iplayer downloads on my TV as well as all the Netflixes is great.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Might have been mentioned before (even by me!) but the fantastic, moving and thoughtful documentary Planet of Snail is on Irish Netflix. The tale of a blind and deaf Korean man being cared for by his wife. As masterful an exercise in pure, unshowy documentary making as you'll find.

Argo is on Netflix Sweden, good news is you can switch off the subtitles too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

pm1977x wrote: »
    Just watched this today, very good, gripping from start to finish, good shout!

one of the best films ive watched this year. and i watch alot of films

the hunt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Slightly off topic, but can someone recommend a superHD movie I can check to see if it's working on my connection?

win8 app and via browser

Not sure you can get Super HD here, but if you can then any of the big hollywood releases on there should have it I would think.

I see Walking Dead season 3 is going up tomorrow on the american site, anyone know if its coming on the Irish one too? Season 4 kikcing off in a couple of weeks so would imagine it should be happening soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

It would be brilliant if they did the same thing with the walking dead as they did with breaking bad where the new episode is available directly after it airs.

• Advertisement

It would be brilliant if they did the same thing with the walking dead as they did with breaking bad where the new episode is available directly after it airs.

They're both AMC aren't they? Would have to think it would've been announced by now if it was happening though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement