Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Are there many shows/films not on the US netflix that are on the Irish one?

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Are there many shows/films not on the US netflix that are on the Irish one?

The selection seems to be all over the place, for example all the friday the 13th films are on netflix, just not on the same version, I think 3, 5 and 6 are on the Irish version and the remaining ones can be found on the american version. I think the american version usually has a couple extras show on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

season 4 is on the uk one now as far as i know

Nope, just up to season 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

This is a good site for searching for what's on Netflix.

http://www.moreflicks.com/

If it's on there, click on the Netflix icon and it will show you what region it's available on. For example, someone was asking about good German movies, The White Ribbon is on Netflix Canada.

I found moreflicks was quite good a few months ago but they have not been updating it very often recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Olympus Has Fallen and Flight are both on the US one now, good to see more recent stuff being added. spotted Death Becomes Her on there too, love that movie :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I found moreflicks was quite good a few months ago but they have not been updating it very often recently.
    http://netflixukcompletelist.blogspot.ie/ is a decent way to see the latest films and TV Shows on Netflix too. They've all the Netflix regions listed, and very to the point - listing new content at the top of the blog.

I also see The Host was added to the US Netflix, no idea if it's any good but good to see another recent flick added.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Europa Report added to the US Netflix. Am I right in saying that this was positively compared to Gravity recently?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,149 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Separate threads for film & TV
    Dman001 wrote: »
    Europa Report added to the US Netflix. Am I right in saying that this was positively compared to Gravity recently?

Think it's a lot lower budget and more a found footage kind of angle. Look forward to giving it a watch now.

Just finished Louie season 3 lastnight, brilliant stuff. God the last episode was crazy. Also
    David Lynch
    :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,149 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Skyfall is up on the US catalogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Dman001 wrote: »
    http://netflixukcompletelist.blogspot.ie/ is a decent way to see the latest films and TV Shows on Netflix too. They've all the Netflix regions listed, and very to the point - listing new content at the top of the blog.

I also see The Host was added to the US Netflix, no idea if it's any good but good to see another recent flick added.

This site is okay but not quite up to day. I found Olympus Has Fallen and The Host on Netflix before it was mentioned on this site.

I watched The Host. Thought it was decent but I went in with low expectations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭gucci

'Boy' added to the US one. It's a New Zealand film. Really enjoyed it :)
    Great film!

Watched Europa Report lastnight, thought it was pretty decent. Kept me on the edge of my seat throughout. For such a low budget film it looked very good too and the found footage angle wasn't as annoying as usual since hardly any of it involved shaky hand held cameras. Thought the interviews with the people on earth seemed a bit forced and could have been edited out altogether but other than that it was a solid science fiction film.

Also gave Kon Tiki a look (US netflix too). Seemed to have gotten good reviews and also an oscar nomination. It was about a norwegian geographer who was convinced polynesia was settled from south america and he set out to prove they could have gotten there on rafts by building one and trying to do it himself. I liked the old fashioned adventure movie feel to it but at the same time it felt very cliched and not at all like a realistic portrayal. Having said that it was an enjoyable enough film and isn't over long. Perfect for a rainy afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Sharknado has been added to the American Netflix :D

1391564_10151759106303870_2050410897_n.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

with all these posts on what is available in another continent, is Netflix worth it in Ireland?

Are we getting the short end of the content stick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Yes and Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Think it's a lot lower budget and more a found footage kind of angle. Look forward to giving it a watch now.

Just finished Louie season 3 lastnight, brilliant stuff. God the last episode was crazy. Also
    David Lynch
    :D

Watched it for about 45 minutes then got bored and turned it off, pretty bog standard imo.

Robot & Frank on Netflix US, defo going to give it a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

The Sapphires with Chris O'Dowd is up on US Netflix.

"Barbara" is on US Flix, set in East Germany in 1980, might be worth a look.

The Sapphires with Chris O'Dowd is up on US Netflix.

I actually really really really enjoyed that :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,106 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Two of the finest releases of recent years have been added to the US collection.

Tabu: Miguel Gomes' strange, evocative tribute to classic cinema (Murnau particular). Equal parts old-fashioned and modern, it takes two different tales - plus a brief prologue - that act as subtle but intriguing contrasts to each other. The second part is particularly rich - an extraordinarily passionate tropical romance, told only through visuals, music and voiceover. An Academy ratio treat.

This Is Not A Film - Jafar Panahi was banned from filmmaking and placed under house arrest by the Iranian government. This is (not) his response: a video essay / diary that not only acts as an evocative protest film, but also a curious, intelligent meditation on the nature of cinema itself. Absolutely vital viewing.

What Maisie Knew has been added to the US one too, think I remember a few recommending it on here before.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Robot & Frank on Netflix US, defo going to give it a look.

Great movie! I have to give it a look again!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,228 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Big UI update incoming today!

A little worried it might do something I don't want it to do!

http://ukirelandblog.netflix.com/2013/11/netflix-on-tv-gets-major-makeover.html

The really rather brilliant (imo) Frances Ha is now on the US site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Is there any recommedations for Irish netflix?

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Is there any recommedations for Irish netflix?

Amour, On the Road, Holy Motors and Grabbers are probably the last few i can think of. Not got around to Amour or On the Road yet but Holy Motors is brilliant (not for everyone though) and Grabbers is a laugh.

Noticed that A Hijacking was added to the US Netflix so settled down to watch it only to discover that there are no English subtitles. Bloody brilliant.

Only God Forgives has also been added to the US Netflix.

• Advertisement

Only God Forgives has also been added to the US Netflix.

Excellent, hopefully they'll sort the subtitles on A Hijacking quickly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement