Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭postsnthing

Separate threads for film & TV
    So is the recommendation to watch Amy Schumer comedy special or not to watch it ! ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

So is the recommendation to watch Amy Schumer comedy special or not to watch it ! ?

I wouldn't bother. Try the Chapelle ones instead. There's a new Louis CK coming soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭tigger123

The committee is still coming to a decision, but an interim report will issue soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

I'd sincerely doubt that. If it was anyone else I'd might be inclined to think that by she's a massive target of hate for the alt right.

Even if it was someone with alt right beliefs, it simply wasn't a hateful act imo, It was just a joke, and shouldn't be read into as anything more. Anyway probably been discussed enough so will move on.

Even if it was someone with alt right beliefs, it simply wasn't a hateful act imo, It was just a joke, and shouldn't be read into as anything more. Anyway probably been discussed enough so will move on.

Pretty strange joke IMO. And a lot of effort to boot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Anything worth watching on netflix by any chance?

The Nice Guys is very good, and I really enjoyed The Young Offenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,336 ✭✭✭✭noodler

My God make it stop.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I hear Amy Schumer's latest special is altright.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

But of a niche suggestion here but Rupaul's Drag Race is now airing its 9th season on Netflix one day after it airs in the States. It's a massively popular reality show but don't let that put you off. It's brilliantly entertaining and addictive in a sort of mindless way.

Quick summary for those who have never heard of it. About 13 or so drag queens compete in a weekly elimination style show. Queens are judged in a whole manner of different challenges including singing, acting and construction of outfits for runway. Each week the bottom 2 have to lip sync and whomever Rupaul and his panel of judges deems the winner gets to stay another week. The cycle continues until a winner is crowned.

Honestly you don't have to be gay or even gay-adjacent to enjoy this show. It's massive in the USA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Lockup Prison documentary series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

But of a niche suggestion here but Rupaul's Drag Race is now airing its 9th season on Netflix one day after it airs in the States. It's a massively popular reality show but don't let that put you off. It's brilliantly entertaining and addictive in a sort of mindless way.

Quick summary for those who have never heard of it. About 13 or so drag queens compete in a weekly elimination style show. Queens are judged in a whole manner of different challenges including singing, acting and construction of outfits for runway. Each week the bottom 2 have to lip sync and whomever Rupaul and his panel of judges deems the winner gets to stay another week. The cycle continues until a winner is crowned.

Honestly you don't have to be gay or even gay-adjacent to enjoy this show. It's massive in the USA
    A genuinely hilarious show. Take all the toughest tasks from every type of reality show going and throw them at the contestants in this show every week. And a lot of the contestants have such great comic timing you laugh so much during each episode.

Thanks for the tip. I saw up to season 7. Didn't even know they'd added season 8 let alone were broadcasting season 9

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Hrududu wrote: »

A genuinely hilarious show. Take all the toughest tasks from every type of reality show going and throw them at the contestants in this show every week. And a lot of the contestants have such great comic timing you laugh so much during each episode.

Thanks for the tip. I saw up to season 7. Didn't even know they'd added season 8 let alone were broadcasting season 9

Yes season 8 was only added today actually and Season 9 started on Saturday. Only 1 episode of that so far so unfortunately can't binge watch just yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Any comedy film recommendations? Feels like I've watched most of them at this stage :/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,991 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Hook and PS I Love You were added yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭looie

oneilla wrote: »
    Any comedy film recommendations? Feels like I've watched most of them at this stage :/

Some worth checking out:

What We Do in the Shadows
    Young Frankenstein
    MASH
    Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
    The Purple Rose of Cairo
    Entertainment
    Jeff, Who Lives at Home

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

looie wrote: »
    Some worth checking out:

What We Do in the Shadows
    Young Frankenstein
    MASH
    Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
    The Purple Rose of Cairo
    Entertainment
    Jeff, Who Lives at Home

"what we do in the shadows" is brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

https://news.newonnetflix.info/news/what-happened-to-line-of-duty-season-3-on-uk-netflix/

For those like myself that were wondering what happened to Line of Duty season 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭gucci

I have watched the first season of Schitts Creek staring Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara (She is my favourite character in the show). The shows are about 20 mins in length and its requires minimum attention span to follow, but it actually is quite a funny show.
    It did take 2 or 3 episodes to grow on me but it is defiantly a good filler tv show for someone looking for something light hearted and easy to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Besides not being funny, Amy Schumer is a joke stealing plagiarist.

I was totally unaware of this, The Patrice O Neill ones were particularly shameless, 2 jokes basically the exact same told back to back, couldn't be coincidental. She's really gone down in my estimation tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Kill The Irishman is a good American hoodlum film about a guy of Irish descent who takes on the Cleveland mafia.

My favourite bit is watching yet another appalling performance from Vinny Jones. He looks great in the part but then they had to give him words to speak!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

The Guarantee, about Anglo-Irish and the Irish Banking crisis, leaves tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Occono wrote: »
    The Guarantee, about Anglo-Irish and the Irish Banking crisis, leaves tomorrow.

that was on Netflix :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Any good mystery TV shows or movies on Netflix? Something along the lines of true detective or the zodiac movie? Need a good fix of a thriller or mystery!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

dunworth1 wrote: »
    that was on Netflix :eek:

Still is: https://www.netflix.com/watch/80071906
    Earthhorse wrote: »
    I don't think there's a side pretending she's better than she is to counteract the trolls. There is plenty of awful stuff that's popular; The Big Bang Theory and Two And a Half Men are two that spring to mind for me in the comedy world. There's no accounting for tastes but some of us seem to be able to not go out and graffiti advertising or orchestrate online campaigns against these artists in order to counteract their popularity.

She had a show called Inside Amy Schumer which was funny, but she didn't write it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

hefferboi wrote: »
    Any good mystery TV shows or movies on Netflix? Something along the lines of true detective or the zodiac movie? Need a good fix of a thriller or mystery!

Hinterland is good. Welsh detective drama. There's only 4 eps up and it's a different case each episode.
    Not sure if it's still up but The Bridge is a great one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Plus one to Hinterland. Also The Killing and Top of the Lake are good TV thrillers. Maybe Homeland too of you want some CIA spy stuff.

Orphan Black, Luther, River, Person of Interest may also be of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,501 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Nerve added today.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,403 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

There is a new show based on a book called 13 reasons why due for release today....seems to be getting good reviews (76% on metacritic)

• Advertisement

Yea 13 Reasons looks like it could be pretty decent. I do love a show full of twists and turns and this looks right up there for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement