Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Creep with Mark Du Plass is very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭MichaelScarn

Creep with Mark Du Plass is very good.

What is it about?

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Separate threads for film & TV
    What is it about?

Had a look myself to see what it's about but as it's classed as a horror/thriller, I definitely won't be watching cause of the horror part. Will be awake for days after with nightmares.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2428170/?ref_=nv_sr_2

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

the maze runner added today

mean streets added yesterday too, great great movie

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The Expanse season 1 is now on UK/IE - plus come season 2 in Dec/Jan, Netflix will be airing each new episode weekly.

pixelburp wrote: »
    The Expanse season 1 is now on UK/IE - plus come season 2 in Dec/Jan, Netflix will be airing each new episode weekly.

any use ?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Possible offline viewing option coming for Neflix. Only in some countries though.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tech/news/a812971/netflix-offline-viewing-is-probably-coming-very-soon/

peteeeed wrote: »
    any use ?
    pixelburp wrote: »

The Expanse is excellent. If you like Sci-Fi, definitely check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

The Invitation is well worth a watch given the day that's in it. A man gets an invitation from his ex wife to a dinner party to celebrate her new relationship, but soon he starts to think that all is not what it seems. More a psychological thriller than an all out horror. Michiel Huisman, Daario from Game Of Thrones, is perfectly cast as the new boyfriend.

Very good film and unsettling because you're never sure if it is a horror or a thriller. The ending is particularly good and disturbing

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Burgo wrote: »
    Cowboy Bebop season 1 added recently.

If anyone likes this I can't recommend Samurai Champloo enough, which is also on there in its entirety I think.

Another anime I watched recently was Kuromukuro which I also really enjoyed, think it's down as a Netflix Original and they recently added the second season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭tigger123

Owryan wrote: »
    Very good film and unsettling because you're never sure if it is a horror or a thriller. The ending is particularly good and disturbing

Really really enjoyed it, but
    for some reason I could never believe that they had a kid together. It just never sat with me for some reason. Maybe the house was too clean in the flashbacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,991 ✭✭✭✭flazio

New Netflix original, The Crown, a sort of prequel to Peter Morgan's "The Queen" (same writer) starring Claire Foy as Elizabeth the second and a certain Matt Smith (Doctor Who) as Philip.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

flazio wrote: »
    New Netflix original, The Crown, a sort of prequel to Peter Morgan's "The Queen" (same writer) starring Claire Foy as Elizabeth the second and a certain Matt Smith (never heard of him) as Philip.

Who ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,991 ✭✭✭✭flazio

*sigh* that's what I get for leaving two posting windows on two different forums open at the same time.
    I need to see the Doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Not sure if its been recently added but "Man vs Snake" popped up on mine lastnight ended up watching it. Its a fluffy documentary about some guy who set a world record on a video game back in the 80's and his journey to try and reclaim it, similar enough to King of Kong but nowhere near as good as that masterpiece, still enjoyable enough if you like Video Games though.

flazio wrote: »
    New Netflix original, The Crown, a sort of prequel to Peter Morgan's "The Queen" (same writer) starring Claire Foy as Elizabeth the second and a certain Matt Smith (Doctor Who) as Philip.

I don't know whether to watch this or not, it feels slightly voyeuristic, given most of them are still alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

Watched Into the Inferno. Pretty boring to be honest.

Some great shots of volcano's though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,854 ✭✭✭deisedude

Watched the first episode of an Ozzie drama "The Glitch". Concept is 6 people who were dead are found alive and normal again and nobody knows why. Very promising start

deisedude wrote: »
    Watched the first episode of an Ozzie drama "The Glitch". Concept is 6 people who were dead are found alive and normal again and nobody knows why. Very promising start

Anything like The Returned or something different?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

What are some of the best documentaries on NF?

I watched 13th last night and have the highly rated one about the cult (the name escapes me currently) in the to view column. I'm not particularly interested in the Amanda Know one and have seen Making a Murderer.

Seen all the Attenborough and Theroux ones too.

What are some of the best documentaries on NF?

I watched 13th last night and have the highly rated one about the cult (the name escapes me currently) in the to view column. I'm not particularly interested in the Amanda Know one and have seen Making a Murderer.

Seen all the Attenborough and Theroux ones too.

All This Mayhem is a good one, if you haven't seen it. Don't look up what it's about though, it's enough to know it's about 2 Australian brothers who become professional skateboarders.

Dreams of a Life is an interesting, if somewhat depressing, one too. It's basically about a woman who was dead in her flat for three years before anyone even noticed. It goes back over parts of her life and talks to people who knew her and basically asks the question how can that happen.

Janis - Little Girl Blue about Janis Joplin is interesting enough, it's kind of the typical tragic musician life story though. What Happened, Miss Simone? is another one about Nina Simone.

Any of the BBC wildlife ones are good, Shark and Yellowstone in particular.

Fishtail is an interesting one. I'm not sure I'd call it a documentary as nobody really talks and there's no real set narrative. It just follows two brothers who work a cattle ranch in Montana and Harry Dean Stanton (I think) reads poetry and things over it. I found it very relaxing to watch. Probably not for everyone.

I haven't watched them but people rave about Last Chance U and Searching for Sugarman

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,363 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Cartel Land is worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,854 ✭✭✭deisedude

Anything like The Returned or something different?

Haven't seen The Returned. sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Eamondomc

Cartel Land is worth a watch.

Watched it last night, very good.

I actually didn't realise there were so many documentaries on there, thanks for the info on thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

The Ivory Game, documentary about the poaching of elephants and the illegal ivory trade and the efforts that are being made to protect elephants and stop this trade.

Another reason to hate humans that bit more.

Eamondomc wrote: »
    Watched it last night, very good.

I actually didn't realise there were so many documentaries on there, thanks for the info on thread.

I don't mean to sound rude or sarcastic but you know you can click "Documentary" under the drop down Browse menu and get the full list of what's there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭MichaelScarn

fin12 wrote: »
    The Ivory Game, documentary about the poaching of elephants and the illegal ivory trade and the efforts that are being made to protect elephants and stop this trade.

Another reason to hate humans that bit more.

Ha! Brilliant.

Beasts of no Nation is spectacular..

The Expanse is excellent. If you like Sci-Fi, definitely check it out.

Watched the first 2 episodes , enjoying it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I don't mean to sound rude or sarcastic but you know you can click "Documentary" under the drop down Browse menu and get the full list of what's there?

It all depends where you're watching it, laptop layout is way better compared to a lot of smart TV or phone / tablet interfaces.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement