Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Separate threads for film & TV
    Spoiler lol:D

Just in case :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Gave Fargo 2 episodes. Nope, couldn't get into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Lucy added to irish netflix today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

peteeeed wrote: »

Just remember. Films this bad cannot be unseen...

Just remember. Films this bad cannot be unseen...

it really is a marmite film

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Take out the marm and add in a sh and you have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

honestly one of the worst movies ive ever seen. for a movie trying to be intelligent it was idiotic

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

sky88 wrote: »
    honestly one of the worst movies ive ever seen. for a movie trying to be intelligent it was idiotic

It struck me as being very aware of exactly how stupid it was (Morgan Freeman's delivery of that talk about unlocking the power of the brain seemed like it was almost breaking the fourth wall in that regard), which meant I could enjoy it as complete nonsense.

But I'd compare it to Jupiter Ascending - you either happen to hit it in just the right mood that everything which should be naff about it somehow comes together, or you watch it and think "what is this awful arsegravy?". There's not really much space for middle ground with either film.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

Holy Hell, wonderfully weird documentary on a recent cult in California, worth checking out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭tigger123

With Scarlett Johannsen?

• Advertisement

Holy Hell, wonderfully weird documentary on a recent cult in California, worth checking out

It's very good, very strange too.

City of God: 10 Years Later a documentary about the great Brazilian film is now on irish netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭conorhal

^ Dornan's Irish accent sounds terrible, especially for someone who is actually from the island.

He's in a three way battle at the moment between himself, Pierce Brosnan and Colin Farrell to see who can be the Irishman with the least convincing Irish accent on film....

conorhal wrote: »
    He's in a three way battle at the moment between himself, Pierce Brosnan and Colin Farrell to see who can be the Irishman with the least convincing Irish accent on film....

don't leave out aidan gillan

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I thought Jonathan Rhys Myers already won that battle?

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

tigger123 wrote: »
    It's very good, very strange too.

Yep what struck me most where the actually people converted, such normal, good lucking, with it individuals who where under his spell for 20 years or more

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I thought Jonathan Rhys Myers already won that battle?

Well now, after seeing that list I have to at least hand it to Dornan that he at least sounds Irish when he's just doing his own accent.

Yep what struck me most where the actually people converted, such normal, good lucking, with it individuals who where under his spell for 20 years or more

Yeah, normal on the surface, (and most definitely good looking) but I thought as the interviews and the documentary wore on you could see their emotional short-comings ( ... that's probably the wrong word). As in, they were missing something in themselves and were therefore attracted to him and the group in order to fill that void. He totally took advantage of them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Highly recommend Series 2 of Narcos. Series 1 was a sort of documentary. The second series is pure thriller.

Have I lost the plot or was Richard Stanley's Hardware not recently on Netflix? Because it's not there now >:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

Highly recommend Series 2 of Narcos. Series 1 was a sort of documentary. The second series is pure thriller.

Agree 100%!

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭leinsterdude

Resurrection of jake the snake roberts.....best in years in terms of a life story.....and I am by no means a wrestling fan at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Ageyev wrote: »
    Have I lost the plot or was Richard Stanley's Hardware not recently on Netflix? Because it's not there now >:(

Cracking Film that. Never saw it appear on Netflix though

Bambi wrote: »
    I could swear I saw it under related titles when I watched the Dr. Moreau documentary

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

I was fist pumping when they set up season 3 at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Just a small bit off topic .My Netflix kept changing to Spanish. It me ages to get it back .Happened a few times this morning got get up and rang Netflix and for the last month after a lot of Q/A they told me someone in Mexico had had hacked my account and was using it for over a month. I got it back and name and password changed now ,
    PS I was blaming the son in law for messing with the settings. So I have to eat some humble pie😱

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Ageyev wrote: »
    I could swear I saw it under related titles when I watched the Dr. Moreau documentary

I watched it on the Brazilian or American version months back along with Dust Devil. Don't remember ever seeing it on Irish or UK Netflix.
    Bambi wrote: »

Yea great movie but preferred Dust Devil myself, maybe because Robert John Burke appears as the villain.

:pac:

I watched it on the Brazilian or American version months back along with Dust Devil. Don't remember ever seeing it on Irish or UK Netflix.

Acht f#@k that was it, I had seen it on the US flix! I am still adjusting to the geo blockade. Should have watched it when I had the chance

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Yea great movie but preferred Dust Devil myself, maybe because Robert John Burke appears as the villain.

:pac:

Watched dust devil meself on netflix back when I was traveling out foreign, as good as it is, it went a bit wonky towards the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Boyhood added today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement