Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭romperstomper

8-10 wrote: »
    Finished the series. Excellent! Don't want to say too much, just watch it.

+1, am half way done and it's the best thing i have seen from netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Just watched the Kingsman, brilliant movie if you haven't seen it.
    If you like James Bond you'll love it...leaves you with a smile on your face.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Separate threads for film & TV
    Just watched the Kingsman, brilliant movie if you haven't seen it.
    If you like James Bond you'll love it...leaves you with a smile on your face.

Actually, if you've just endured Spectre this is the antidote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Clouds of Sils Maria and All Is Lost added to the Irish site. Saw the former near the end of JDIFF when the festival fatigue set in, I should give it another look.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I’ve been meaning to revisit Sils Maria as well. It looks great, so glamorous, I and loved Stewart in it, but the various layers of meta-narrative really lost me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Actually, if you've just endured Spectre this is the antidote.

Haven't seen it yet but thought it was better than any bond I've seen, it fired along at a good pace and kept your smiling all along. I'd put it down as one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,296 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The 18 seasons of classic Doctor Who have been added to Netflix US

American Sniper & Jupiter Ascending added to Netflix Sweden.

American Sniper & Jupiter Ascending added to Netflix Sweden.
    A bloated, boring, laughable, ridiculous and empty mess of a blockbuster. But enough about American Sniper! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Inside out being added to Netflix Canada the 26th of next month according to this site http://exclaim.ca/film/article/whats_streaming_on_netflix_canada_in_january

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭romperstomper

now finished 'Making a murderder' on Netflix. No question that it's the best thing they have produced. Extremely powerful and very well made. Cannot recommend it enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Inside out being added to Netflix Canada the 26th of next month according to this site http://exclaim.ca/film/article/whats_streaming_on_netflix_canada_in_january

The Canadian netflix seems to continually have a great selection of new releases fairly quick after there cinema release

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭Rfrip

now finished 'Making a murderder' on Netflix. No question that it's the best thing they have produced. Extremely powerful and very well made. Cannot recommend it enough

I'm half way through it and it's unbelievable stuff. Will be binge watching it today to finish, especially with the risk of spoilers!!

Start it now all of you...start it now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Was one of those shows that I wanted to google so badly I just had to keep watching so I could get to the end. Can see myself re-watching soon - same as I did with The Jinx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Was one of those shows that I wanted to google so badly I just had to keep watching so I could get to the end. Can see myself re-watching soon - same as I did with The Jinx

That's exactly how I am...it's killing me not to google hence trying to finish it in two days!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Just watched the first one last night, already can't wait to watch it again later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

There's some extra stuff linked here on the Making a Murderer case. Reddit in particular has blown up with all sorts of clues and info, speculation and theories - http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/29/making-murderer-what-do-after-binge-watching

This one seems to be a hit for Netflix. One of Avery's lawyers has been giving video interviews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Just did a 7 hour binge on it :/ will finish it tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

KERSPLAT! wrote: »

I think I watched about 7 episodes in a row myself. There's quite a lot of reading online to do afterwards if you're still wanting to know more. Even weird stuff like you find one of Avery's lawyers who is advertising the show on his site - http://www.buting.com

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

KERSPLAT! wrote: »

Watched 5 last night..... I think New Years Eve is going to spent watching the rest... it's just all so surreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Chocolate girl

Totally agree powerful stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Dear White People and Slow West added to UK today.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Making a murderer is fantastic stuff, reminds me of the original serial podcast, well done to Netflix!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Dear White People and Slow West added to UK today.

Slow West is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Carrollman

Five episodes into Making a Murderer and my god its excellent.

The struggle was real last night to turn off the show and head to bed! So many wtf moments its unbelieveable.

Cant recommend it enough

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

While I thought Making A Murderder was fantastic viewing and very well put together,
    it was extremely one sided with some very serious accusations thrown and various cops and officials. This all would have been fine if the two accused were vindicated at the end and charges brought against the officials but the fact that the two remain in prison with no charges against anyone else arising sort of ruined the. Dry strong and one sided narrative the producers had taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

e_e wrote: »
    A bloated, boring, laughable, ridiculous and empty mess of a blockbuster. But enough about American Sniper! :P
    Boom goes the dynamite!
    /film

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭postsnthing

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    Boom goes the dynamite!
    /film

So wanted to do that but thought naaaa no one would get it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

Making a murderer is excellent.

If you're looking for some simple comedy check out Rob Schneiders new Netflix show Real Rob. It's pretty funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

So wanted to do that but thought naaaa no one would get it :)
    I knew someone would..:cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement