Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

We're werewolves, not swearwolves.

It's definitely up there with the likes of This Is Spinal Tap and Best in Show. One of my favourite comedies of recent years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

"Just leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Separate threads for film & TV
    e_e wrote: »
    "Just leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet."

I'm bidding on a table…

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Teaser for Bill Murray Christmas special

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

1st ep of Fargo S2 on France and a few other regions now.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

just the first episode :(

Yes of course, its not an Netflix original its a Fox show currently being broadcast so they are showing it weekly, I prefer it that way, increases the suspense having to wait a week. Its how I grew up with my favourite shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Anyone know if it's coming to Netflix Ireland soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,425 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Archer season 6 added to Netflix Ireland.

Yes of course, its not an Netflix original its a Fox show currently being broadcast so they are showing it weekly, I prefer it that way, increases the suspense having to wait a week. Its how I grew up with my favourite shows.

Boxset binge watching seems to have giving me Alzheimer's. I start forgetting what's happening in a show if I have to wait a full week for an episode.

Great start to the new Walking Dead series though. Hopefully I'll still remember it by next week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Falcon Rising is now on netflix............. I know I never heard of it either but it does star Michael Jai White, he of Blood and Bone and Undisputed which where solid movies in their own right. It seems to be pretty popular on IMDB, some pretty good reviews so might be worth a watch.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Synode wrote: »
    Anyone know if it's coming to Netflix Ireland soon?

Unlikely to happen until the series is finished I reckon as I think one of the TV channels has the rights to it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Boxset binge watching seems to have giving me Alzheimer's. I start forgetting what's happening in a show if I have to wait a full week for an episode.

Great start to the new Walking Dead series though. Hopefully I'll still remember it by next week!

I'm in two minds lately about the binge watching. shows that are designed for the long format work well, but you really notice the 'plot by numbers' aspect of certain shows when you watch a few back to back.

for example, the worst offender in this is something like 24. if I was jack bauer, I'd be sh1tting my pants every 45 minutes as something horrible is inevitably just about to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭conorhal

It's definitely up there with the likes of This Is Spinal Tap and Best in Show. One of my favourite comedies of recent years.

I liked it also, but it was a bit too meandering and plotless, it felt like something that could have been cut down into a great pilot for a new TV series, 'The Office with Vampires'.

conorhal wrote: »
    I liked it also, but it was a bit too meandering and plotless, it felt like something that could have been cut down into a great pilot for a new TV series, 'The Office with Vampires'.

I turned it off after 20 minutes as I just wasnt feeling it, more the mood I was in than anything else, as I'm thinking about it today, i'm chuckling away to myself at the different bits. going to finish it out over the weekend when I can enjoy it with a beer or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I watched about 20 minutes of it and chuckled at parts but ultimately it seemed like just actors getting to ham it up for a giggle, dunno if I'd go back to it

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I loved it, Stu the IT guy was fantastic.

Agreed. One of my favourite comedies of the last couple of years.

Think channel 4 have rights over here so not for a good while, takes 2 mins to change to any Netflix region.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Fargo Season 2 starts on Channel 4 on Monday (and with The Returned Season 2 tomorrow, All 4 will be boasting some damn fine drama for the next while!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Just finished Friday Night Lights.

Wasn't sure i'd like it before i started but man was i wrong.

Easily in my top 3 series i've watched along with The Sopranos and The Wire.

Archer season six added to Irish Netflix.

Danger zone!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

Fallen skies Season 5 is showing in Australia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Recommendation for Housebound. Australian horror with comedic beats about a teenager sentenced to house arrest only to find her gaff is haunted.

osheen wrote: »
    Fallen skies Season 5 is showing in Australia

i gave up half way through season 4 , always looks like it was made for about €20 and some blu-tak

beasts of no nation on all netflix regions now

Anyone know why I can't find American Hustle on moreflicks?

Anyone know why I can't find American Hustle on moreflicks?

You might have TV shows clicked at the top? Looks like it's not on Netflix anyway.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You might have TV shows clicked at the top? Looks like it's not on Netflix anyway.

No I have the movies button clicked. Are you able to see it on there?

• Advertisement

No I have the movies button clicked. Are you able to see it on there?

Yeah I can see it, click here for the search page.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement