Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Separate threads for film & TV
    All 3 seasons of Deadwood are now up on Netflix Netherlands.

Is it good? Flying through the West Wing so looking to take a break and start something new

• Registered Users Posts: 60,311 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Is it good? Flying through the West Wing so looking to take a break and start something new

Brilliant but ends on a cliffhanger. So be warned before hand.

It's rather excellent, have had the complete series on DVD and been waiting to give it a watch as I never saw the series properly. The biggest issue with the show that I recall is that the final episode leaves many a storyline hanging. There's been talk of a film since it was cancelled but that's unlikely to ever happen at this stage.

Ah I hate that... but sure I'll give it a go. Have also started The Killing but I'm not sure about it

cheers lads

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Brilliant but ends on a cliffhanger. So be warned before hand.

It doesn't end on a cliffhanger tbh

• Advertisement

nix wrote: »
    It doesn't end on a cliffhanger tbh

Cliffhanger is probably the wrong word. There is now closure Darko said it better with storyline hanging.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Cliffhanger is probably the wrong word. There is now closure Darko said it better with storyline hanging.

Yeah its major suckage either way, biggest cancellation upset since firefly :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

just after watching Freaks and Geeks, can't believe there is only 1 season of it!

Netflix France & Germany has gone live for those in wanting to explore or who live in those countries.

On Netflix France I have come across three new shows to any region of Netflix.

Season 1-5 of The Big Bang Theory.

Season 1-4 of The Mentalist.

Season 1 of Atlantis (BBC 2014).

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭delboy85

Penny Dreadful on Netflix France.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Is Calvary on netflix? I could swear i saw it there but can't find it now!

Is Calvary on netflix? I could swear i saw it there but can't find it now!

It may have popped up early and been taken down. It happens now and again, A Hijacking was up on the US Netflix for a day or so a month before it was supposed to be

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Ah I hate that... but sure I'll give it a go. Have also started The Killing but I'm not sure about it

cheers lads

Danish Killing is a lot better, watch that not the US one

It may have popped up early and been taken down. It happens now and again, A Hijacking was up on the US Netflix for a day or so a month before it was supposed to be

A Hijacking is on Ireland/UK if you did miss it.

A Hijacking is on Ireland/UK if you did miss it.

It's on pretty much all the regions but was mistakenly available on the US region a month before it should have been. It occurs quite often, you'll see a film pop up and disappear before arriving a few weeks later

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Just watched season 1 of damages. Enjoyed it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

I've only watched the US version. the first 2 seasons are bad. But the 3rd and 4th are good enough(you can skip to those without missing much)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

EyeSight wrote: »
    I've only watched the US version. the first 2 seasons are bad. But the 3rd and 4th are good enough(you can skip to those without missing much)

i thought it started off great, but then descended into chaos and the killers at the end was a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Absolutely agree, I loved Forbrydelsen. Such a shame it didn't go on for longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

krudler wrote: »
    It's brilliant, it takes a few episodes to get into it but once you do it's hilarious from start to finish. Subtle (well not always) jokes and razor sharp comic timing from nearly all the cast.

Don't do what I did for the first few episodes, switch off for the "In the next episode of Arrrested Development" because I hate seeing spoilers like that. It was ages later before I realised they were spoof bits.

• Advertisement

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Don't do what I did for the first few episodes, switch off for the "In the next episode of Arrrested Development" because I hate seeing spoilers like that. It was ages later before I realised they were spoof bits.

when you finish arrested, check out trailer park boys

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

ThisRegard wrote: »

Lol, they're really well done too. I'd always skip them on shows where it actually does ruin stuff but on AD they're really funny.

Is nypd blue on any region?

I haven't watched it in years but used to enjoy it.

Was ripping through Deadwood so taking a break from that now too and gonna try Arrested Development :P

Was ripping through Deadwood so taking a break from that now too and gonna try Arrested Development :P

comic genius. check this out:

ad-tobias.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

The Wolf of Wall Street is on the Canadian flix now

krudler wrote: »
    The Wolf of Wall Street is on the Canadian flix now

It's been on the South American ones for a while now.

German netflix is up and running. The mask is the only thing I can notice not on other regions :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

only copped that the second series of Episodes is on netflix IE now. A solid first season, so will hope to enjoy the second.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I've been watching it actually. I'm not mad about the show in general. Doesn't really tickle my fancy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Bio-Dome has been added to the Irish Netflix.

Many see it as the worst movie ever. I actually really enjoy it as a naff 90s buddy film.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement