Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Patrol & Florence And The Machine - Phoenix Park

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

Ugh, I really couldn't be bothered going tomorrow now. Is it really that bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

Any recommendations on where to park?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Any recommendations on where to park?

Could park at the petrol station in castleknock or the primary school or at myos and walk up. It's about a ten-fifteen minute walk but you're nearly guaranteed a spot in one of them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭KnowYourEnemy

Forecast looking bleak for tomorrow guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Forecast looking bleak for tomorrow guys?
    Hard to know.. forecast was bleak enough for today too, and it was a cracking evening!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

Basq wrote: »
    Hard to know.. forecast was bleak enough for today too, and it was a cracking evening!

Hope the weather holds up!

Seen florence in the o2 and she was outstanding.

Free ticket as well :D looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭laois gael

CHrist is the ground that bad where would a lad get a pair of wellies on a sunday morning?

Lots of scum and trouble at SHM.

Hope it's a better crowd tomorrow :O

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭thatsnotmyname

Guaranteed a better crowd
    just make sure everyone wears wellies
    it was pretty messy on Thursday night
    I found entering and leaving via the Ashtown Gate the best
    hopefully the weather stays dry for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭thatsnotmyname

laois gael wrote: »
    CHrist is the ground that bad where would a lad get a pair of wellies on a sunday morning?
    Dunnes is your best bet!

• Advertisement

Guaranteed a better crowd
    just make sure everyone wears wellies
    it was pretty messy on Thursday night
    I found entering and leaving via the Ashtown Gate the best
    hopefully the weather stays dry for it.

Hope you're right. Have my young niece coming with me, she'll be terrified if there's any trouble :o

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

No unsubstantiated claims about deaths please.

There's no evidence of them. We've already had to lock one thread over them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Frankay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Does anyone know what the deal is with pit passes? It is a queue like Oxegen or is it with wristbands like Marley Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

Does anyone know what the deal is with pit passes? It is a queue like Oxegen or is it with wristbands like Marley Park?

Wristbands

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I emailed MCD about bike parking and got no response. We'll just lock up to a railing somewhere in the park, anyone know if we'll have trouble bringing a set of bike lights into the gig in a backpack?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

Right folks after the lovely sunshine yesterday it's raining here at phoneix park this morning, not the heavy yet but the skies look pretty bleak

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

nmg_ire wrote: »
    Right folks after the lovely sunshine yesterday it's raining here at phoneix park this morning, not the heavy yet but the skies look pretty bleak

From what i hear its supposed to clear up , Its actually not even that cold outside but id still recommend rain gear + wellies .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Who ever is planning on going home via the Luas have a back up plan they canceled it last night due to crowds. They said Heuston would be closed alright but Museum would be opened but they closed that too! Was only going from black horse to Tallaght! Pain in the ass for people who parked in the red cow! Think they cancelled ones going into the city too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 treacleone

hi everyone, going to gig this evening from galway,wondering where we can park,only going for florance and the machine,so getting there for 7 and leaving about 10.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

treacleone wrote: »
    hi everyone, going to gig this evening from galway,wondering where we can park,only going for florance and the machine,so getting there for 7 and leaving about 10.

Try Red Cow and then get the Luas into city centre and walk to PP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

treacleone wrote: »

You're much better off paying the toll on the M50, coming off at Blanch and parking around the Ashtown area.

What time would you need to be in there today for pit passes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Try Red Cow and then get the Luas into city centre and walk to PP

Trying to get back to the red cow could be trouble, like it was for me last night when the Luas was stopped!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Morte

Vain wrote: »
    Who ever is planning on going home via the Luas have a back up plan they canceled it last night due to crowds. They said Heuston would be closed alright but Museum would be opened but they closed that too! Was only going from black horse to Tallaght! Pain in the ass for people who parked in the red cow! Think they cancelled ones going into the city too!!
    Just looking at the train times from Ashtown and the last one back into Dublin leaves at half seven. Shame that they can't organise public transport for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 2Cans

Does anyone know what the show times are? I dont wanna miss Temper Trap can someone hazard a guess

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

2Cans wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the show times are? I dont wanna miss Temper Trap can someone hazard a guess

Go to post 160 in this thread, they're all there.

I have my window open & I can hear the music. Hope I'm able to hear Florence & the Machine later.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭3 Dollar Bill

http://entertainment.ie/music/news/Stage-times-for-Sundays-Snow-Patrol-and-Florence-The-Machine-Phoenix-Park-concert/129758.htm

3.00pm - Gates open
    3.30pm - Here We Go Magic
    4.15pm - We Are Augustines
    5.00pm - Bressie
    6.00pm - The Temper Trap
    7.30pm - Florence + The Machine
    9.15pm - Snow Patrol

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭fiacha

I live in Ashtown and the music is feckin LOUD. I'm all for people enjoying themselves at outdoor gigs, but I'm getting sick of the noise pollution from the Park gigs.

Anyway, hope the weather clears up for everyone tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

Heading in about an hour for florence, anybody at the concert know what the craic is and how long it will take to get in?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Music louder now than the last few days (Ashtown), Much better behaved crowd today, small group outside the Halfway House no one looking drunk.
    Heard that the park is the pits, no amount of straw will sort it out.

Advertisement