Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Patrol & Florence And The Machine - Phoenix Park

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Togepi wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea on the best way to get to Galway/Mayo/Roscommon after the gig? Are there buses from the gig to Galway or anything like there sometimes are for gigs at the 02?

Or, what's the best way to get into town so I can work out a bus or something from there?

Have a look at this link, might be useful for you :)

http://irishconcerttravel.ie/snowpatrol.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6 FreddyFried

George.. wrote: »
    I you're staying in town just get a taxi. Especially if there's a few of you going. The maximum it'll be is about 30 quid.

Doyou think there will be many available? Sorry to be so clueless but is there any particular place you should go after leaving the concert to get one?
    If u come out of the concert onto the navan road I'm sure u'll be able to get one. If theres none try cabra cabs 01 868 7575. Theyre local & usually get there in a few mins anytime I've called

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

Anyone any idea how long it will take to walk from heuston station. Dont mind the walk, but have new wellies and they could kill me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Zarkandar

MIRMIR82 wrote: »
    Anyone any idea how long it will take to walk from heuston station. Dont mind the walk, but have new wellies and they could kill me :o

Ballpark of 35 mins I'd say from there to gates into gig area.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Jaysus.. my local Penneys was out of men's wellies. Heatons had very limited sizes... god bless Dunnes. Fecking €18 and I'll probably only wear 'em once, but roll on Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

Zarkandar wrote: »
    Ballpark of 35 mins I'd say from there to gates into gig area.

Thank you - I can feel the blisters as i write :pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 41,016 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

heres a rough map ive done to show people the extent of the walk.

if at all possible... come in from the ashtown / castleknock side !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jay gatsby

sydthebeat wrote: »

Thanks Syd,

Anyone know if there is somewhere to park the car over there though?
    Can you definitely enter the park from that side?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Pastel_Princess

sydthebeat wrote: »

That map is brilliant, thank you!

Do you know where abouts Gate B is then? Is Gate A closer to the stage?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,016 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

That map is brilliant, thank you!

Do you know where abouts Gate B is then? Is Gate A closer to the stage?

Gate B would be closer top the stage.. gate A is almost directly opposite the stage and is the main entrance off the park road.

Gate B is more over the Ashtown side so its closer to the stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 shez34

HI Just wondering if anyone used the shuttle bus on thursday night for the gig and what time does it head back to custom house Quay.
    Says 11pm from papal cross on the website but going by the set times it might not be over by then.
    im guessing they wont head off until the gig is fully over.
    Just checkin as i dont fancy a walk all the ways back down to the Quay after :)

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

Probably not relevant to the thread but anyone going to the Snow Patrol gig on Sunday should tune into BBC2 or the BBC website tonight @ 10:20pm to see Snow Patrol perform live at T in the Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭FairCity12

2 questions:
    Do I need wellies?

Best way of getting to/from Maynooth? Last train around 9.30?? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

FairCity12 wrote: »
    2 questions:
    Do I need wellies?

Best way of getting to/from Maynooth? Last train around 9.30?? :/

first one yes, yes indeed. waders and inflatable arm bands might be required too.

No idea about the other one! Cheap hostel in town? Sundays are usually cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

FairCity12 wrote: »
    2 questions:
    Do I need wellies?

1 million % yes!!!!! Don't go without them. I was at stone roses gig on Thursday and ignored the warning to wear them as I had a long walk up and back. I didn't want to bring them in a bag and wear other shoes for the walk but I really wish I had done. The muck really took the shine off the night for me - precious I know but there you go. It was bad on Thursday when we arrived - it'll be a whole lot worse by tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Off to tesco, woodies and Pennys to have a look for Wellies.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Not sure if they have realised times but SP will be on roughly at 9.15

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭don corleone

Any tickets available for this gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭encryptix

frantic190 wrote: »
    MCD saying HWGM are on at 15.15.

They had the times wrong for Stone Roses, and had Original Rudeboys being on first on the Saturday. Can't see these being legit.

Got this off a friend

212108.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

For anyone still needing wellies - was in Dunnes this morning - there not going to sell out anytime soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Cookie33 wrote: »
    For anyone still needing wellies - was in Dunnes this morning - there not going to sell out anytime soon!

Might have a look there. Couldnt get anything decent earlier so cheap pair of runners from Pennys and shorts may do. Not mad on wellies anyways. Hoping for sun but going to chill and enjoy whatever the weather. Couple of beers and some good tunes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

lockie1983 wrote: »
    Togepi wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea on the best way to get to Galway/Mayo/Roscommon after the gig? Are there buses from the gig to Galway or anything like there sometimes are for gigs at the 02?

Or, what's the best way to get into town so I can work out a bus or something from there?

Have a look at this link, might be useful for you :)

http://irishconcerttravel.ie/snowpatrol.html

Does anyone have any other ideas of how to get back to Galway/Mayo/Roscommon after the concert? I'm not looking for a return journey so I'm not sure about those buses, if they even have spaces now.

I'm considering using GoBus to get back to Galway, but that's more of a backup than anything. Does anyone know where in Dublin GoBuses actually leave from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Anyone know what time the MCD box office opens at? The Ticketmaster box office seems to open at one o'clock, but we bought tickets from the FATM website.

MCD's website isn't the most informative!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 dubmando

Was in the park today,sun shining and atmosphere fantastic,sounds (from the stage) sounded fab to.I have tickets for tommorows gig and cannot wait now,hopefully weather holds for tommorow. People going to the gig were getting faces painted from clever people who had set up a little picnic table and were charging only 2euro a face.They were painting festival flowers etc which I have to say looked amazing.Will be seeking them tommorow before entering gig.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭KnowYourEnemy

dubmando wrote: »
    Was in the park today,sun shining and atmosphere fantastic,sounds (from the stage) sounded fab to.I have tickets for tommorows gig and cannot wait now,hopefully weather holds for tommorow. People going to the gig were getting faces painted from clever people who had set up a little picnic table and were charging only 2euro a face.They were painting festival flowers etc which I have to say looked amazing.Will be seeking them tommorow before entering gig.

Nice plug ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭FairCity12

Dunnes had plenty of women's wellies today [Swords]. The lady said they had just gotten more in today! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Does anyone live near crumlin or cork st? There is a distinct sound of dance music but it doesn't seem to be coming from a house? Is there any chance the sound from the Phoenix park could travel that far?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

yellow hen wrote: »
    Does anyone live near crumlin or cork st? There is a distinct sound of dance music but it doesn't seem to be coming from a house? Is there any chance the sound from the Phoenix park could travel that far?

Was chatting to mate who lives in Drimnagh and he reckons he could hear the music from the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

shez34 wrote: »
    HI Just wondering if anyone used the shuttle bus on thursday night for the gig and what time does it head back to custom house Quay.
    Says 11pm from papal cross on the website but going by the set times it might not be over by then.
    im guessing they wont head off until the gig is fully over.
    Just checkin as i dont fancy a walk all the ways back down to the Quay after :)

You would be better off leaving the park via the ashtown gate exit and getting a taxi or maybe you might be in time to get a bus.
    €9 for that shuttle bus is a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

AxO6JPVCAAA-Tqi.jpg

How the ground looks there right now, from Twitter!

Advertisement