Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'll show you mine, mark 2 - No quoting pictures!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Paul is awesome, used to post a lot here while he was apprenticing. Nice guy, amazing work, and feels really cool to have watched him progress! Hope to get something done by him sometime! Had planned to back in the day, but never got round to it. :-\

He did mine and Atavan's little matching cocktails. Really nice guy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

What's the story here then, have we just packed in the no off topic posts in this thread? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The rest of the posts were discussing the last pic and it's artist. Yours was the first off-topic one... So let's keep on topic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

The rest of the posts were discussing the last pic and it's artist. Yours was the first off-topic one... So let's keep on topic!

Alright sorry :o Delete or move these few to the OTB thread then I guess, I just assumed talking about Paul/who else has work done by him would be off topic! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭kildara

Progress on my 3/4 sleeve... by Richard Pinch, Aberdeen
    image.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

'kin hell!! :eek: Great work.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭obnicc

New addition today

33p6b6d.jpg

Already feeling the aftercare instructions screwed me a bit :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Latest installment of my sleeve done by Attila at Wildcat yesterday.

EF68282B93B54028822FC5DCBCD60779-0000343138-0003252462-00800L-548C7D7BE6E7496686C49E9F9BB33548.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 27 sineadmc701

Done by Monique at Galway Bay Tattoo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

dinorebel wrote: »
    Latest installment of my sleeve done by Attila at Wildcat yesterday.

Dude!!!

That is deadly!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Done by Monique at Galway Bay Tattoo

Is she back from maternity leave then or did she do it before?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 sineadmc701

Is she back from maternity leave then or did she do it before?

She was heavily pregnant at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭baron von something

one of my older tatts.the obligitory tribal piece us tattoo collectors seem to get.remember when tribal was all the rage

Mask2_zps053db2ca.jpg

Mask1_zps1e085968.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭joey100

Have put some of these up here already ages and ages ago so thought I'd throw up a few more,

Right arm

RightArm_zpsa9c666c1.jpg

Inside right arm

Insiderightarm_zps9a7c3899.jpg

Chest

Chest_zpsc543a756.jpg

Ribs

Ribs_zpsca4548fb.jpg

Left arm

LeftArm_zps7a232767.jpg

Inside left arm

Insideleftarm_zps9f0736c2.jpg

Back of left arm

Backofleftarm_zps9a07f3f0.jpg

Foot

Foot_zps562ca274.jpg

Wrist pieces were added later to the sleeves,

insideofwrists_zpsd7a52f3e.jpg

bottomofwrists_zpsfccd5a09.jpg

Right leg, not a great photo, colour is much brighter in real life,

rightleg_zps9525699a.jpg

Have a rose on each hip too but no pictures of them, Right arm was done by Michele in Art tattoo. Chest and ribs done by Rob Mulligan in colourworks, everything else by Darren in Colourworks.

Next up will be my left leg, hopefully from knee down to toes, but will be saving for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Love all of those but your left arm is just wow! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭ConFurioso

Yeah, the left is the kicker for me, wonderful blue colour!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Absolutely crazy stuff man, especially your left arm and chest, my two favourites!

What was the pain level with your chest like compared to the rib one?

Found the chest and ribs to be grand. Both were in and around the hour and a half mark and were ok, chest bruised up a lot but that was it. Will hopefully add to the chest piece, just some decoration around the writing.

Have a rose on each hip and the right hip was very sore. Inside of left arm was probably the sorest though, in and around the elbow.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

This is my small tattoo on my left wrist, I'm not going to go into the story behind it but lets just say it means A LOT to me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

joey100 wrote: »
    Inside of left arm was probably the sorest though, in and around the elbow.

Your left arm is amazing, love the colour! Getting the inside of my upper left arm started next week and I'm terrified. How many sessions/hours did that tattoo take you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Chikablam

Recently healed
    efM60Uv.jpg
    Got it off Michal in Skin City, first proper one, and it hurt like a bitch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Inside of the bicep is a bitch of a place to get your 1st tat.

Nice to read a few hours before my inner bicep tattoo.

That looks awesome Chikablam, love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭TheBellJar

You think? Hmm, I don't get this at all. When I got my hip done I was told it'd hurt like hell and nope, nothing. When I got my wrist done I was told the same, and likewise with my leg. And as for my bicep - that was grand too.

I don't know if I have some kind of mad pain threshold or if people just like exaggerating but I really don't get the whole 'omg the excruciating pain' thing around tattoos.

Your left arm is amazing, love the colour! Getting the inside of my upper left arm started next week and I'm terrified. How many sessions/hours did that tattoo take you?

The main part of the arm, have a few more smaller bits and pieces that were there before, took around 16 hours. It was done as 2 X 6 hour sittings and a four hour sitting. Not all this was tattoo time, Koi and flowers were stenciled on and then the rest was freehand. First session mainly outline and a bit of shading. Next two were colouring and shading. Hard to say exactly how long it took but took a while! Inside of left arm is left open, nice bit of space to add to it eventually.

That's actually my second. My first is a fair bit smaller, and only took an hour as opposed to 4 for that. Ironically though, my first was also on the inside bicep...
    Nice to read a few hours before my inner bicep tattoo.
    It actually wasn't that bad, but when he got around to the bottom of the tricep, that was simply awful

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

TheBellJar wrote: »
    You think? Hmm, I don't get this at all. When I got my hip done I was told it'd hurt like hell and nope, nothing. When I got my wrist done I was told the same, and likewise with my leg. And as for my bicep - that was grand too.

I don't know if I have some kind of mad pain threshold or if people just like exaggerating but I really don't get the whole 'omg the excruciating pain' thing around tattoos.

It's different for everyone one person could tell you there elbow was the worst the next there stomach etc we all have different pain thresholds, it also depends on the length of the sitting me personally I always find the first few hours fine but after that in some areas it can get bad done 6 hours on my ribs fine at the start by the end in bits.

Chikablam wrote: »
    It actually wasn't that bad, but when he got around to the bottom of the tricep, that was simply awful

Didn't get it exactly on the bicep, got it sort of between the inside and the outside...if that makes sense. Was sorer than my last one but not all that bad, almost dosed off more than once... It's quite swollen though which didn't happen with my last one.

6sf037.jpg

Some lines look distorted in the photo but that's just my shoddy camera work.

Yeah I got massive swelling as well
    You mean like right on the top of the arm?

• Advertisement

Chikablam wrote: »
    Yeah I got massive swelling as well
    You mean like right on the top of the arm?

I mean it's not on the outside of the arm but at the same time you can see it pretty well if my arm is just by my side normally. I don't have to twist it for people to see. The swelling is gone down a bit...but the bruising has gotten so much worse. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement