Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Positions in the Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭tiger_cub

Pistachio wrote: »
    On the reserve list for Galway and Clifden, probably not much chance of getting anything out of it.

same as myself. I assume we will never see an interview or a job :(

anyone make it into the top band in Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

I got reserve group for Mayo.

Last year I was in the same group and was gobsmacked when I got the call in late Sept. My contract was only for 8 weeks and another batch of people replaced us when we finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Belkin1975

Hi all, only joined this today. I got top group for Donegal and Gweedore, so hopefully I will get called for interview. Gweedore office is 10 mins away and Donegal will be an hour. I will need childcare for 3 kids so I won't have much left out of the €379 less tax, but it will get me out of the house. I'm not entitled to Jobseekers so anything will be a bonus :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Toasterspark

tiger_cub wrote: »

anyone make it into the top band in Galway?

Yep, top band for Galway and Clifden. Fingers crossed there's work, I really need it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Reserve list- Westmeath.

Am disappoint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭cornerforward13

Top group for Kerry, reserve group for Listowel. Hopefully I get something out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Reserve for county and town I chose. Hoping to have got into top band for local town, disappointed in that as I felt I did ok with the questionnaire. :(
    Second year in row been put in reserve2. Not hopeful I get anything in the mean time.

So if you are in the reserve group is it likely you could get an interview if a vacancy arises at a later date?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Acapella

Reserve list for Limerick.

Genuinely gutted! It is a never ending cycle of PFO's...! :(

Acapella wrote: »
    Reserve list for Limerick.

Genuinely gutted! It is a never ending cycle of PFO's...! :(

I know how you feel, sick of PFO's! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭culsoh

doovdela wrote: »

So if you are in the reserve group is it likely you could get an interview if a vacancy arises at a later date?

I wouldn't be banking on it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭skitzyspider

Top Band Wexford :D

reserve list for meath, aw well! onwards and upwards

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

My friend was telling me that when she was in revenue in Killarney she was with some reserve people so there's hope !

We also have to consider the amount of people who'll drop out or the people who won't be available until August and so on so on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

What people don't seem to understand is that the job is dealing with repetitive tasks.

They want people in for the summer because many offics have back logs of work that need clearing, be it Emails, reports that need filing or reports that need to be done.

They want someone who can come in and deal with the workload quickly and efficiently.

The questionnaire is designed to test that. Aswell as your typing abilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

Brendog wrote: »
    What people don't seem to understand is that the job is dealing with repetitive tasks.

They want people in for the summer because many offics have back logs of work that need clearing, be it Emails, reports that need filing or reports that need to be done.

They want someone who can come in and deal with the workload quickly and efficiently.

How are your typing abilities assessed by an online tick the box questionnaire?! Absolute nonsense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Brendog wrote: »

I am brilliant at repetitive tasks, I was always given the 'boring' stuff as it never bothered me and I just got on and did it. My typing speed is pretty fast, 70-80wpm, and I have excellent computer skills. The questionnaire basically got us to filter ourselves in, or out. I would say a lot of those being taken on don't have fast typing speeds, but typical of the civil service, I don't think they are even interested in speed.

How are your typing abilities assessed by an online tick the box questionnaire?! Absolute nonsense!

Yes very true. Nonsense. I can type faster than you can say hello!

My typing speed be roughly the same as Jellybaby1!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daretodream

Anyone any idea of where i can get a list of departments/offices for civil service by county? Don't feel confident as there's bound to be fewer places outside Dublin and I've applied for Westmeath. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭scoopmine

Reserve list for Carlow. Annoyed really wanted a chance at the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

Reserve list for Belmullet. Think I can forget about this!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Anyone any idea of where i can get a list of departments/offices for civil service by county? Don't feel confident as there's bound to be fewer places outside Dublin and I've applied for Westmeath. :(

I would just check the green pages in the ordinary phone book for your area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Keep thinking that Reserve List means we're next in line for interviews if people who got top list don't do well but even getting top list doesn't mean your a shoe in, it just means you HAVE A FREAKIN INTERVIEW

Waste of time filling that out daaaaaaaaaaah need moooneeey!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭EOB32

What does the 'Top Group' mean? Are you guaranteed an interview or what?? Seems very vague to me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭brokenhinge

EOB32 wrote: »
    What does the 'Top Group' mean? Are you guaranteed an interview or what?? Seems very vague to me!!

Pretty much, but they won't give you any rock solids- even if you nail the interview they don't guarantee you'll get one. Just saw you're in the top group to be hired.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭EOB32

Pretty much, but they won't give you any rock solids- even if you nail the interview they don't guarantee you'll get one. Just saw you're in the top group to be hired.

I presume you meant 'say you're in the top group to be hired'?? If not how do you know who I am!!??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Got in to top group for Wexford. Just got a new job though so not sure if this will be much use to me. Wages I'm on now are crap so maybe if its a long contract (3-4) months id be interested

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Belkin1975

Hi all,
    Did anyone get called for an interview yet? I know I am being very impatient but I soooo need a job :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Belkin1975 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Did anyone get called for an interview yet? I know I am being very impatient but I soooo need a job :/

I didnt get called for interview until december and I was in the top group

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Flunch

lolli wrote: »
    I didnt get called for interview until december and I was in the top group

December? I thought most of these positions were for Summer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Flunch wrote: »
    December? I thought most of these positions were for Summer?

No, its a year long Panel. When you are doing the questionnaire you were asked to pick if you want just to be called during the summer or anytime during the year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement