Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Positions in the Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Belkin1975

ciaramc wrote: »
    Hi Belkin1975,

I think its in the link in the email you got. I havent done it yet.

Anyone who had done the interview already. What questions / type of questions were you asked? Thanks.

Thanks, I got it already. A bit nervous about the interview, it's a long time since I did one. Hopefully I will get some insight from others who had their interview :)

Hopefully you will get called up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 laurawi2

Hi guys,

i had my interview for Dublin a while ago, it was sooo short! they just asked details confirming stuff I'd answered online for them - like was I available to start on the 1st of June as I'd answered on the questionnaire. Then they asked was there anything else I'd like to mention?

Good luck to everyone who has interviews :)

Just wondering tho, I heard that I'd been successful at interview like a month ago but haven't heard any word since! Has anyone actually been given a job yet? in particular in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Deisegirl11

What kind of questions did they ask you??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Amy88

Did anyone get a job offer yet? I just got an email saying I was successful at interview, but haven't heard anything for a month??

What kind of questions did they ask you??

Hi, I'd my interview today. It was all very informal. Had to fill out a Garda vetting form. Then I was called in to a room and I was just asked about jobs I had in the past and what computer experience I had. That was it. I was told I will get an e-mail next week to see if I was successful. Then I will be put on a panel and whenever a job comes up within the next year be it to fill in for summer hols or maternity (which would be alot better) I'll get a call.

So good luck to anyone going for an interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 katemccb

id my interview it was really short just confirmed what id fill out online and just filled out forms and had a chat about what departments i had worked with them before in was not like interview was v informal seemed like they were making sure u ddnt have 10 heads or somthn lol nothing like panel interviews they used to have years ago:D

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

Amy88 wrote: »
    Did anyone get a job offer yet? I just got an email saying I was successful at interview, but haven't heard anything for a month??

I didnt get called until two months after I got the successful at interview email so dont worry about time length so far:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Toasterspark

Got a call for interview today... did anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 chatterbox93

Got a call for interview today... did anyone else?
    where are you located ? :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Did they ring from a private number ? I had a missed call at twelve , no voice message left .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

Anyone who did the Donegal interviews, have any word back yet?

Anyone who did the Donegal interviews, have any word back yet?

Hi, no word. They told me this week so that could be Friday eve before they go out the door or it could be next week:rolleyes:

Belkin1975 wrote: »
    Hi, no word. They told me this week so that could be Friday eve before they go out the door or it could be next week:rolleyes:

Thanks for replying Belkin1975. So we are all in the same boat. No news is good news hopefully. Good Luck :)

Got an email about a job interview next week :) fingers crossed all goes well :D

Got an email about a job interview next week :) fingers crossed all goes well :D

Good luck, if it was anything like mine it wasn't like an interview, just clarifying what you filled out on your questionnaire!

Good luck, if it was anything like mine it wasn't like an interview, just clarifying what you filled out on your questionnaire!
    Thanks lets hope so :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Toasterspark

Thanks lets hope so :D

It'll be fine, I had two lovely people 'interview' me for 5 minutes - as was said before it was just confirming your details from the CV.

Just make sure you bring all your documentation with you - application, health form, passport-sized photo, references and ID and you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bagel2010

Hi got called for interview for 25th May am in Tipperary region anyone know if you would likely to be called before end of June had given up hope of been called and have holiday half booked in June

Hi All,

Just got an e-mail to say I've reached the qualifying standard and have to wait for an opening :)

BTW I'm in the Donegal region.

Hi All,

Just got an e-mail to say I've reached the qualifying standard and have to wait for an opening :)

BTW I'm in the Donegal region.

Got the same email Belkin1975. Happy I got the email. I loved it there last year.

Im a job bridge intern at the moment. Im wondering should I wait to hear if any positions become available first, before I give the Job Bridge placement 1 week's notice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,796 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Im a job bridge intern at the moment. Im wondering should I wait to hear if any positions become available first, before I give the Job Bridge placement 1 week's notice?

Yes of course you should wait: it could be months before any actual vacancies arise.

JustMary wrote: »
    Yes of course you should wait: it could be months before any actual vacancies arise.

Thanks Mary :)

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭UnLuckyAgain

Got a phonecall today with a contract offer, starting the end of May!

Hi just wondering did you have an interview and how long is the contract for
    Thanks

bagel2010 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering did you have an interview and how long is the contract for
    Thanks

Yes, I had an interview 2 weeks ago and got a 10-week contract.

Hi thanks for the reply did they ask you at interview when you could start or give you any inclination of when a vacancy would arise congrats on getting your contract

• Registered Users Posts: 29 superleeds16

what department is it for

bagel2010 wrote: »
    Hi thanks for the reply did they ask you at interview when you could start or give you any inclination of when a vacancy would arise congrats on getting your contract

Yes, they did. They asked again and wrote it on another form (even though you have to fill that in on the questionnaire AND the interview form!). Despite this, I was offered a contract starting before my stated date :rolleyes: but hey, what can ya do?!

Thanks for the reply

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Is anyone getting interviews from Cork ? Or on the reserve list....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement