Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[FPL] - Rate My Team Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Simpson for Enrique maybe? L'pool haven't been great at the back of late and if Ben Arfa plays like he did last week I can see goals. Also going forward the pool haven't been up to much either.

Thinking that just as I posted (being flicking things about all week) but I wanted to hear a 2nd opinion about it.

The other contentious choice is Pedersen over Sessegnon. Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Dempsey wrote: »
    Thinking that just as I posted (being flicking things about all week) but I wanted to hear a 2nd opinion about it.

I'd definitely do it if I had a decent Newcastle defender. Unfortunately I'm stuck with Santon. The useless bastard would only come on after 60 minutes for 1 point.

I'd definitely do it if I had a decent Newcastle defender. Unfortunately I'm stuck with Santon. The useless bastard would only come on after 60 minutes for 1 point.

Oh, its done. I'm doubling down on a Newcastle clean sheet! :D

Oh, its done. I'm doubling down on a Newcastle clean sheet! :D

Best of luck. Don't blame me though it it goes wrong :P.

My worst transfer decision this season was getting rid of Simpson when I had my WC. Second worst decision was not getting him back in when I had a chance. I'm stuck with Santon now.

My defence is falling apart. Evans is the only one doing well. Enrique, Lescott, Santon and Senderos have all done nothing for me really in the last month or so. Wish I had another wildcard to sort that out and I'd have my perfect team then.

Best of luck. Don't blame me though it it goes wrong :P.

My worst transfer decision this season was getting rid of Simpson when I had my WC. Second worst decision was not getting him back in when I had a chance. I'm stuck with Santon now.

My defence is falling apart. Evans is the only one doing well. Enrique, Lescott, Santon and Senderos have all done nothing for me really in the last month or so. Wish I had another wildcard to sort that out and I'd have my perfect team then.

Nah, I wouldnt blame anyone, it does make sense to do so and I was thinking about it before your feedback.

The 'perfect team' is a myth really, i.e. will it do the job for the next GW, next 5, till the finish. Guarantee if me and you were to pick a 100m team for those 3 criteria we'd come up with some interesting differences.

Simpson isnt an assist magnet like Raylor but he has started every match this season. He's turned out to be incredible value for money and minimal transfer heartache.

• Advertisement

The 'perfect team' is a myth really, i.e. will it do the job for the next GW, next 5, till the finish. Guarantee if me and you were to pick a 100m team for those 3 criteria we'd come up with some interesting differences.

Simpson isnt an assist magnet like Raylor but he has started every match this season. He's turned out to be incredible value for money and minimal transfer heartache.

Oh I know that. I meant more a team that I was happy with. A transfer or so a week keeps my midfield and forward line fresh. It's just a nightmare having no points coming from my defence.

This is my team for tomorrow. Should I play Santon ahead of Enrique? I looked at the Guardian's team sheet for the match and they have Santon starting LB. Some of the guys on the Newcatle thread on the Soccer forum seem to see him starting as well. It's a bit of a gamble.

The lads on FFS reckon Raylor will start LB. This is wrecking my head.

I've changed Begovic for Vorm in goal just there btw.

QC3uY.png

Santon is too much of a risk. Enrique is more likely to see 90 minutes and get something extra. You have to go back to GW24 before Santon even scored 2 points. Your hand is forced, nothing much you can do about that bar seeing someone thats worth a 4 point hit. Anyone have a good few easy GW's where you could justify selling Santon or Lescott for?

Santon is too much of a risk. Enrique is more likely to see 90 minutes and get something extra. You have to go back to GW24 before Santon even scored 2 points. Your hand is forced, nothing much you can do about that bar seeing someone thats worth a 4 point hit. Anyone have a good few easy GW's where you could justify selling Santon or Lescott for?

Yea I think I'll have to just stick with Enrique.

I'm thinking maybe a Stoke defender. I'd like to get in Shotton but he seems to play a few games and then spend another few on the bench. I'll keep an eye on Wilkinson. They have a DGW coming up soon too.

As for Lescott I think I'm going to stick with him until this day next week. He said on Twitter he was training this week and hoping to play tomorrow. That was until Mancini kind of ruled him out.

Another 9 days should be enough to get him right for the Arsenal game. If not then I'll get in a Spurs defender. Either BAE or Walker, depending on funds.

He's out of tomorrows match if media reports are to be believed. Even if Lescott was an option against Arsenal, do you think he'd score more than 2? Could be 2 GW's or more before you see anything useful from him. ManC havent been setting the heather on fire recently.

Some tough decisions ahead, I'd nearly said go for BAE now ahead of the DGW but your banking on siggy like myself!

He's out of tomorrows match if media reports are to be believed. Even if Lescott was an option against Arsenal, do you think he'd score more than 2? Could be 2 GW's or more before you see anything useful from him. ManC havent been setting the heather on fire recently.

Some tough decisions ahead, I'd nearly said go for BAE now ahead of the DGW but your banking on siggy like myself!

They haven't alright but with him and Kompany in the centre they are a different team. I'd expect them to get a few clean sheets (apart from the Arsenal and United matches).

I've already lost .2 on him and I don't want to lose any more. I'll think about it more and I might move for BAE. I might even go for Walker so I can get Simpson in as well.

I've made my transfers this week and I'll stick with them. I fancy Swansea tomorrow. Sigurdsson is at his best away from home.

Tough decisions alright. I'm glad my job isn't depending on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Stick Lescott into your starting XI mate, at least give yourself a chance to get in on the City points

I did it last week with Kompany

Not a chance he'll start from the bench I don't think. He either starts or misses out completely

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I wouldn't worry about lescott. personally I fancy sunderland to nick a goal, they're that kinda team. next week is the Arsenal away. after that you're on the pigs back. what I would be concerned about though is Santon and Senderos, both seem to have lost their place.

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Stick Lescott into your starting XI mate, at least give yourself a chance to get in on the City points

I did it last week with Kompany

Not a chance he'll start from the bench I don't think. He either starts or misses out completely

I might just throw him in there. Probably ahead of Senderos.
    manual_man wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry about lescott. personally I fancy sunderland to nick a goal, they're that kinda team. next week is the Arsenal away. after that you're on the pigs back. what I would be concerned about though is Santon and Senderos, both seem to have lost their place.

Yea I'm definitely looking to replace Santon. I'll wait and see with Senderos. If he's still on the bench this week then I'll move. I've a little bit of money in the bank so I can definitely get in better players.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,752 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Thoughts on my team lads for this gw and the next few?

198374.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Maggie McGaggie

Trilla wrote: »
    Thoughts on my team lads for this gw and the next few?

198374.jpg

Very good team but maybe you could do with a 3rd good forward. You could save 2m on switching reina to begovic and this would enable you to buy cisse. Best of luck this week.

First time I'm happy with my team.*

team6.jpg

*We'll see later on!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

So far so good for you Pappa Dolla, Sess,Walcott,RVP & Bendtner doing the biz.

First time I'm happy with my team.*

*We'll see later on!

I had a post written about you having Bendtner in your team and how it was a stupid idea. I didn't bother submitting it though thankfully. Good call.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,689 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Any ideas on where to go here..........2.9 in the bank and a bus waiting for Enrique soon!!!

lucyteam.jpg

Squad looks spot on to me

Only minor change I'd be looking at is Kelly to a Swansea defender, get yourself set for GW34

Jose Enrique after this week too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,689 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Squad looks spot on to me

Only minor change I'd be looking at is Kelly to a Swansea defender, get yourself set for GW34

Jose Enrique after this week too

34 will be ok for me with suggested transfer, but 36 is causing me issues,possibly looking to get Gerrard or Mata for Walcott,looking most likely to be Mata though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

fantasy111231.jpg

Go so that's my current team. I have £5.3m in the bank with that team.

Ok, to start with the keepers -

Yes, I know I am mad to have Bogdan but at this stage of the season I don't think it's worth using a sub to transfer him out. I have Vorm and will use Vorm for the vast majority of the games left.

Defenders -

I took a gamble to bring Gibbs in as I managed to convince myself that Arsenal had sorted out their defensive problems and with Arsenal having an easy enough run in it was worth the risk bring in an Arsenal defender. Time will tell I guess, although I am beginning to regret it already!

I'm very happy with BAE, Evans and Simpson.

Again, Sunderland don't have the worst run in so Turner might pop into the first team from time to time.

Midfielders -

I suppose this is where it gets tricky. I'm happy with Bale, Siggy,Walcott and Valencia at the moment.

So the question is do I drop McClean for one of the "bigger" midfielders. Mata or Dempsey would be the obvious options. 2 of my 3 main competitors either have Mata or Dempsey so I'd be cancelling out the possible advance they have by bringing either of those in. I'll finish up about 10 - 15 points of the top of my money league at the end of this weekend, so maybe cancelling out the opposition might not be the worst option.

Bringing Mata in for McClean would leave me with £0.5m.

The other option would be to put my extra money into my forwards.

Forwards

So the obvious option would be to drop the Yak. The question is who do I bring in? The first option would be to bring in Ade for Spurs. Spurs have the easiest run in so hopefully he'll be getting back on the score sheet. Bringing in Ade would leave me with £2.1m. So I could upgrade McClean to Ben Arfa?

The other option would be to bring in Cisse. This would leave me with £4.1 in the bank so I could upgrade McClean as well.

Your opinions would be greatly appreciated lads - I really need to make up the 10 - 15 point gap!

your team is very good. hardly needs changing at all if I'm being honest. the fat man (Yakubu) will get you goals I reckon, my advice is sit tight, then get in Aguero for gw34 (if he's back). there's sure to be a few goals against Norwich

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

You must have an insane team value. I agree with manual man. Sit tight and use your money to bring in whoever you fancy for the DGWs. Lampard, Mata, Adebayor, VDV, Cole, Terry, Baines etc are all available to you with that sort of money in the bank.

Screenshot2012-04-02at30733PM.png

Any glaring changes that need addressing there?

Demps for Walcott and Enrique for Verm are my next two planned changes

Not that I can see. Maybe get in Bendtner for Cisse for gw34. Sure to be goals against Wolves. Oh and maybe Walcott for Demps. Only saw that now. Sorry

Any glaring changes that need addressing there?

Yea all of them imo. Get rid of everyone. **** team. You'll get nowhere with them players.

Seriously, the changes you've outlined are perfect imo. You're exactly 100 points ahead of me. Not much advice I can really give you.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭cup of tea

picture6fu.png

picture6fu.png
    What to do,what to do?.

Right I'm happy with keeping Evans,Simpson,Kompany,Bale,Sig,Sess,Valencia,Cisse and VP

So am prepared to get rid of..... Friedal(realisically I'll probably be keeping him,gone up in value since I bought him and gives me Spurs defensive cover),

Sorenson(being meaning to get rid of him for past few weeks but hasn't been top of the priority list and still isn't, might have to get rid soon as I'll have no keeper for the small gameweek),

Suarez(getting very close to the top of the priority list but avoided bringing in Rooney the last 2 weeks instead of him),

Kelly(again not majorly top of the priority list but wouln't mind ditching him),

Taylor (yes I'd be prepared to get rid of him, he's not really part of the 'core' of my team but at the same time he's handy cover so I think would be stupid to get rid of him)

Who to get in?

Midfield wise.....Mata,Walcott are the main 2 options I'm considering

Striker wise......Rooney(although he's not inspiring me with confidence), Ade.

Defence....... Shawcross, Wheater....?

Also have 5.6mil in the bank.

Comments greatly appreciated

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

You must have an insane team value. I agree with manual man. Sit tight and use your money to bring in whoever you fancy for the DGWs. Lampard, Mata, Adebayor, VDV, Cole, Terry, Baines etc are all available to you with that sort of money in the bank.

Team value is £110m or so....

Hmm... I wonder is Torres worth a gamble next week against Wigan?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Shane732 wrote: »
    Team value is £110m or so....

Hmm... I wonder is Torres worth a gamble next week against Wigan?!

He could be a good gamble with the DGW coming up. Chelsea have two home fixtures and I'd expect goals.

My first 11 this week were ALL at home! I've since subbed out Enrique for BAE but still have 10/11 on home turf, will be hoping this works to my advantage. Richards is moving to the bench, 2nd sub. He's not performing at all, not even guaranteed to start and I expect RVP to score agaist City's leaky defence.

taj0pv.jpg

I'm about 35 points off a top 100 place, a Gerrard hat-trick should do the job :)

Oh and 0-0 Spurs v Sunderland would be fantastic...

Advertisement