Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[FPL] - Rate My Team Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

opinions of this, ill probably put in caulker and mcauley for lescott and asson ekkotto for the weekend

rsz_marks.jpg

Standard Boards team really tbh.........you should call it Boards Utd!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

dahat wrote: »
    Standard Boards team really tbh.........you should call it Boards Utd!!!

is that supposed to be some sort of dig or something, theres a word for people like you but I dont want to get banned so ill just leave it at that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

is that supposed to be some sort of dig or something, theres a word for people like you but I dont want to get banned so ill just leave it at that

Whoa dude, calm down. Last week when you posted the same team (-Val +Young) I made a similar point about it, calling it a "generic Boards team". It's not an insult, it's just how it is. Most of us have "generic Boards teams". Myself included.

I think maybe because that time you said "its a great team if I do say so myself", and now this week you posted your team in another thread, adding "ive some squad now lads"... Seems a little like boasting, so it's bound to be brought up that your team isn't really anything special. It's like pretty much anyone elses here on Boards. Like, if we made a "Boards Dream team", it'd be your team, with maybe Vorm and Kelly in for Mig and McCauly, but otherwise a replica.

Again... it's not an insult. Your team is obviously very good. Just not uniquely good.

I don't want to put words into dahat's mouth, but I'd be pretty sure that's what he was getting at.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Nothing wrong with having a "standard boards team" imo. I have pretty much the same squad as everyone here and I'm top of all my money leagues. From reading comments here every week, most of ye are top of yours too (or very close) and a few of the guys here are pushing towards number 1 in the world. If anything, having a standard boards team is a compliment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Pretty much everyone here has more or less the same team I'd say. The difference is some people got the players earlier than others and as a result are doing better.

• Advertisement

Not a dig at all,just pointing out what i thought,no need to jump the gun and get all paranoid lad..........there is a word for you too....RELAX...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Not a dig at all,just pointing out what i thought,no need to jump the gun and get all paranoid lad..........there is a word for you too....RELAX...........

Apologies for the outburst, I read into it wrongly,sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Juxtapose

Took an 8 point hit
    Silva - Gerrard
    Dempsey - Valencia
    De Laet - Vermaelen

ZppBM.jpg

Just looking for opinions, i know its pretty generic but so tight in my league anything helps!

Juxtapose wrote: »
    Took an 8 point hit
    Silva - Gerrard
    Dempsey - Valencia
    De Laet - Vermaelen

Just looking for opinions, i know its pretty generic but so tight in my league anything helps!

Looks alright. I think maybe Sigurdsson in your team would be helpful. Possibly for Miyiachi after Bolton's double week whenever it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

Was going to try and avoid a transfer this week. But with Valencia, being one of those I had planned to get in, due a price rise I'm wondering should I bring it forward. The plan was Valencia in for Dempsey once Fulham have played Norwich. Have .4 in the bank so maybe I can afford Valencia going up.

Any opinions on this team? Seems similar enough to what most people have.

screenshot20120322at113.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

You're probly better off waiting til after the Norwich game. Save your transfer. Would be looking to get rid of Suarez after the Wigan game, but then again if Ali Al Habsi repeats his Anfield heroics of the last couple of seasons, Liverpool might not even score.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

F**k it.
    Dempsey + Lescott OUT
    Valencia + Richards IN

r1em9j.jpg

I'm actually hoping Everton score at Swansea next week, too many people have Vorm and in some cases a Swansea defender too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Would people play Santon (v West Brom) or Assou (v Chelsea) this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

PopTarts wrote: »
    Would people play Santon (v West Brom) or Assou (v Chelsea) this weekend?

I don't think Spurs will keep a clean sheet but is Santon even guaranteed 90 minutes? If not, I'd always go with a player guaranteed 90 minutes.

If Santon doesn't play 60 minutes, he'll get you 1. Chances are BAE will exceed that in the 90 minutes he's guaranteed to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Thanks. Santon is unreliable so I'll prob throw it to Assou!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

here goes a risky move - ba and silva benched.

Vorm

Evans Kompany N Taylor J Enrique

Chamberlane Valencia J Morrison Sigurdsson

V Persie (c) Rooney (v)

Krul Ba Silva Turner

come hell or high water i'm going with this. although sigurdsson plays better away from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭smokingman

Right so...I think this will be the end result of my wildcard...went for Ledley King instead of Assou for spurs defensive cover and that's the only thing I was unsure of.

Had to keep Silva (just in case), galled to have Gerard (being a Toffee) but the pool should have some easy games (certainly not bringing in the postman Suarez), wanted the most in-form Villa defender for a possible double gameweek (same as with Bogdan) and surprisingly, Ceuller is that Villa fella.
    Vermillion is always worth a shot for a goal and the rest of them are your usual bunch.

Any criticism welcome...

FF20120323.jpg

Ledley King was the biggest mistake you made,surely you could have gotten somebody else?
    FF wise he is a no go plus he has knees like mine and likely to miss more than he plays these days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭smokingman

Ledley King was the biggest mistake you made,surely you could have gotten somebody else?
    FF wise he is a no go plus he has knees like mine and likely to miss more than he plays these days

Was toying with Shotton and will probably be replacing King next week if he's not any good this week...didn't know much about him though so cheers for the heads up!

smokingman wrote: »
    Was toying with Shotton and will probably be replacing King next week if he's not any good this week...didn't know much about him though so cheers for the heads up!

Well he's not even on the bench today so you may as well replace him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

My team is looking awfully... red

Will be getting rid of Enrique next week unless they miraculously keep a clean sheet away at Newcastle. Suarez will probably go after the Villa and Blackburn games, will be looking at Cisse/ Ba or Yak.

2rqiyv6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

roryc wrote: »
    My team is looking awfully... red

Will be getting rid of Enrique next week unless they miraculously keep a clean sheet away at Newcastle. Suarez will probably go after the Villa and Blackburn games, will be looking at Cisse/ Ba or Yak.

Extremely red team! I'd consider starting Simpson ahead of Enrique the way things are going recently though. It's a pretty close call in fairness.

Not really advice this bit, but I always start players who are suspended/ineligible and have someone who I think will score heavily as first sub. I just do it to annoy my rivals cause they think they're catching up but then they drift back once the automatic subs take place. I don't know if it actually annoys anyone but I take solice in the knowledge that it might just have annoyed one person, once, even if it was just for a few seconds.

2 free transfers this week.

The ones popping out at me are Steven Ireland and Suarez.

I'm thinking Walcott and Cisse (New) in for them. Is this wise?

I'll sort my defence out next week.

J8Ugt.png

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Two great moves IMO

I'm shipping Demps out for Walcott after this game week

Arsenal have a tasty run after the Man City game next week

Feck it I forgot that Cisse was injured the last day. He's down on physioroom with an April 1st return date. Might hold off a few days to see. I don't really care too much about price rises at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

He only came off with cramp, so wouldn't be worried too much about that

Just after making them there now. Hopefully Liverpool continue their poor displays this week against Newcastle.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Who to replace Enrique with,thinking about taking a one week punt on Stephen Kelly,frees up cash and would leave me with not bad defence to play around with till the end of season

Vorm
    Richards,Assou Ekkotto,Evans,Simpson,Kelly
    Silva,Bale,Valencia,Allen,McClean
    Holt,Rooney,RVP

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

198363.png

Is that my strongest line-up for GW31?

• Advertisement

Simpson for Enrique maybe? L'pool haven't been great at the back of late and if Ben Arfa plays like he did last week I can see goals. Also going forward the pool haven't been up to much either.

Advertisement