Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY e-liquid advice needed

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Highly thinking about bulk buying some liquids from Inawera and mixing my own juice.

I'm spending far too much on stuff now from various shops.

I saw a video from GrimmGreen saying he bought VG in Walmart, and i think i read someone here saying they got some VG in Tesco?

Do i even need to buy some VG?

It's all a little confusing?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

vg gives more vapour but doesn't carry flavour as well, so i suppose a bit of trial and error will find a ratio you like
    it's also as thick as golden syrup so can have trouble with some cartos/atties if the juice is too vg heavy

Would i be better of getting a pre mixed base from inawera then?

1ltr of 12mg should do me for about 8 months, and flavours on top then, in or around 100euro for 8 months worth of juice!!!

what I did was get 100ml of pg 36mg juice and then 300ml of pg 0mg, so I could mix 1/3rd 36 and 2/3rd 0 to make 12mg

worked out a little cheaper iirc

but for my latest order, with the tobacco flavours, I just ordered straight 12mg base to test out.. so maybe for your first go.. just order a 100ml of 12mg and create away with that until you get the hang of it

i also picked up 100ml of straight VG from healthcabin in a different order but any time i've tried to mix it into some of my juices for added vapour i've run into serious wicking problems so I'm still not sure how to work it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Assuming the juice ya get now is PG based, some people are allergic to PG so they use VG based juices instead

You will need PG base which contains nicotine. (say 18mg 100ml)
    You will then need to dilute this with PG and VG which contains no nicotine, both are also 100ml bottles.

Before mixing, you decide what you want your mix to be.
    Whether that be 75% PG and 25% VG or 50/50 etc.

Later i will order 100ml of 18mg PG base.
    When you click on Bases, e-liquidy.....you will see the PG and VG which contain no nicotine.
    100ml of PG
    100ml of VG
    1 flavor to add to the mix at one drop per ml.

For €20 this will get me 300ml of juice that will be 6mg and 70% PG and 30% VG.
    Get some empty bottles from Inawera as well and a couple of 5ml syringes from the bestshop.
    I take out the plunger and just fill them up to the amount required and pour into bottle.

Usually get 38mg, but ordering like this i will use up the 3 bottles at a time.
    Ya can see below how i got my mix the way i want it.

This is a link to the calculator, read the help which explains how it works and mixing in general.
    http://ejuice.breaktru.com/

2uh1ksh.png

• Advertisement

i also picked up 100ml of straight VG from healthcabin in a different order but any time i've tried to mix it into some of my juices for added vapour i've run into serious wicking problems so I'm still not sure how to work it

Maybe select 0 VG from the VG base list.
    This is diluted with water whereas the other one is just pure VG and is very thick.
    Or ya can add distilled water to the pure VG to make it same consistency as the PG.

Like Alec said before, it might not make much difference as the amount of PG your putting (say 75%) would more or less wipe out the thickness of the VG.

But i have read it would be better to use it the 0 VG base that is diluted with water already.

Some do and some don't, few threads below about wicking issues etc regarding VG.

''if your mixing with pure vg, make sure you cut the vg with at least 10% water to help disperse the Nicotine through the full amount of vg. Nicotine can seperate from the vg otherwise giving you hotspots of different strength nicotine through the vg . ''

http://ukvapers.com/topic/14091-is-this-right-about-mixing/

http://ukvapers.com/topic/12655-adding-water/

http://ukvapers.com/topic/13900-mixing-help-please/

just did a little diy mix
    2ml 36mg
    4ml 12mg
    6 drops creamy vanilla
    12 drops cappucino

i dont think i really like coffee flavour vapes anymore but i'd probably have loved this when i started vaping

tastes pretty strong of coffee alright, but with a hint of vanilla when you exhale
    gona leave it to steep for a week or so and see if anything happens to it

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

This vendor is closer to home and all the guys at UKVapers rave about his stuff.
    Another good good thing is that his postage prices for Europe are only a quid higher than domestic post:

http://www.cig-eliquid.co.uk/

£37 for 266ml 52mg PG

mrplop wrote: »
    This vendor is closer to home and all the guys at UKVapers rave about his stuff.
    Another good good thing is that his postage prices for Europe are only a quid higher than domestic post:

http://www.cig-eliquid.co.uk/

Expensive so it is, maybe it's superior to the Inawera stuff but i ain't gonna be buying to find out.

Reasonable prices here from the states which a lot of them are buying their nicotine off...
    http://www.nicvape.com/store/c/20-Unflavored-Nicotine-Liquid.aspx

Most off UKVapers can just go into Boots and get their PG and VG which helps when it comes to delivery costs in just buying the base liquid.

What's the postage like from Inawera and Nicvapes?
    I've heard the Nicvapes stuff is clean and the Inawera has a slight taste to it.

The UK place is a good option if you don't want to wait too long and I bet the Nicvapes stuff is pricey to send here.

Time is money!

• Advertisement

What's the postage like from Inawera and Nicvapes?
    I've heard the Nicvapes stuff is clean and the Inawera has a slight taste to it.

The UK place is a good option if you don't want to wait too long and I bet the Nicvapes stuff is pricey to send here.

Time is money!

Postage is reasonable from Inawera and takes on average 5 days for me.
    Depends on the weight of the package, again on average it's usually €5 registered when i order, sometimes just over €8.
    They have a few base liquids to choose from that would give that slight taste due to them adding a flavour to the base.

I don't know any different tbh as i've only ever tried their nicotine bases.
    Their PG base seems fine to me anyway.

Nicvapes seems popular too, might at some stage try their base liquid.
    Again, depends on the weight of the package and be probably 7 days before ya get it.

If your mixing your own, ya have plenty of time to order in advance and not be left short so time is not a issue really.

shipping was 4 euro for me for 100ml of 12g base and 30ml of flavourings

and around 8.80 for 400ml of pg and 50ml of flavourings some time last year

Cool, thanks for the info!

Ignore the link I gave so!

Cool, thanks for the info!

Ignore the link I gave so!

More links the better ;)

Might be something that catches the eye.

I don't think I'd be too comfortable mixing VG and PG to the correct measurement just yet myself.

Do inawera stock a base that's ready to rock straight out of the bottle? Just add some flavourings and away I go?

Sorry for all the questions, just it's all very confusing at the minute....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

They do, you can just buy bottles of PG, VG or VPG (which I think is a 50/50 mix of PG and VG) at whatever nic strength you like.

and they have different brands of bases too for some reason

well the dirty neutral base is for tobacco juices, they say they've given it an "ashtray" flavour

and i guess the other is for everything else flavourwise

stevenmu wrote: »
    They do, you can just buy bottles of PG, VG or VPG (which I think is a 50/50 mix of PG and VG) at whatever nic strength you like.

Indeed,

Although with 100% PG @ 12mg for example you will get plenty of flavour, plenty of throathit and little vapour.

100% VG has the opposite effect.

The VPG base is obviously a good compromise being a 50-50 ratio, but if you don't like it, your stuck with it's properties.

They have Dirty Neutral Base also which has a 50-50 ratio but with something Inawera added in which they call "ashtray" flavor like Sir DCC said.

By getting a nicotine base and a bottle of VG and PG you have complete control over the juice.

DIY is great when ya find a couple of flavours that you like and mix up a load of it, till that happens it's a case of trial and error.

Most of the juice i've been using from TBS, is either their Liqua juice, or their own brand juice(Standard E Liquid) which from what i can gather is 75/25.

I'd be happy enough with that. :)

TBS standard is dekang afaik

• Advertisement

yeah thats dekang, same crowd that make the boge cartos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

eeloe wrote: »
    Most of the juice i've been using from TBS, is either their Liqua juice, or their own brand juice(Standard E Liquid) which from what i can gather is 75/25.

I'd be happy enough with that. :)

We think along the same lines, I've pretty much settled on Liqua alone now. Since the 30ml bottles for 10 euro has become available.

I got an order this week of around 10 10ml bottles of the(now i know) Dekang stuff, just to try different flavours.

and it's official, i only like sweet flavors, I saw Digby mention DK-Tab on another thread before, and i have to say, it's absolutely rotten...but each to their own i guess, and i was only using it on an eGo, maybe at a higher voltage it's nice.

I gave my mother a try of it, and she's now happily vaping it on an eGo with a DCC! :)

gonna have a look over the Inerawa site over the next couple of days and slowly add stuff to the cart, and see how i'm fixed to place the order next week, i'm starting to get a bit trigger happy when order stuff lately, and i don't wanna end up spending more on juice/mods/atty's/carto's than i would on fags....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I got an order this week of around 10 10ml bottles of the(now i know) Dekang stuff, just to try different flavours.

and it's official, i only like sweet flavors, I saw Digby mention DK-Tab on another thread before, and i have to say, it's absolutely rotten...but each to their own i guess, and i was only using it on an eGo, maybe at a higher voltage it's nice.

I gave my mother a try of it, and she's now happily vaping it on an eGo with a DCC! :)

gonna have a look over the Inerawa site over the next couple of days and slowly add stuff to the cart, and see how i'm fixed to place the order next week, i'm starting to get a bit trigger happy when order stuff lately, and i don't wanna end up spending more on juice/mods/atty's/carto's than i would on fags....

Yeah, I'm in that zone at the moment.spending too much on stuff. Particularly when I always end up back with what I've been using for ages by the end of the day anyway.

I think TVS stuff is Dekang as well? I just dont really like them. They all taste a kind of the same to me with a funny aftertaste but I think most people seem to like Dekang so yet again, it's just me!

Just put a few drops of Dekang Menthol in to the DCC, and i think i've found my new poison!

It's ****ing DELICIOUS!

We think along the same lines, I've pretty much settled on Liqua alone now. Since the 30ml bottles for 10 euro has become available.

Ya can easily spend a fortune buying juices all over the shop so if ya have a couple of Liqua flavours that you like, stick with them would be my friendly advice there !
    gonna have a look over the Inerawa site over the next couple of days and slowly add stuff to the cart, and see how i'm fixed to place the order next week,

More than enough information in the thread to get started.
    Post up your cart before buying to get a couple of opinions.

ugh
    menthol, so you're one of those degenerates

inawera order just arrived, shipped on the 24th.

gona have a little sniff off all my tobacco flavours and decide which one to try out first

fun fun fun

--edit
    gold ducat.. dont get much of a smell off, same for morning rain

anyone ever kept gerbils or hamsters as pets? you know the little trail mix stuff you buy as food for them? american type smells exactly like that.
    kinda weird

usa red mix smells faintly like the cola juice I got from inawera before. not sure I like that, as I ****ing hated the cola juice

nutty princess smells nutty, shocking stuff there

• Advertisement

so I put 5ml of dirty neutral base 12mg into an empty bottle

dropped in 5 drops of nutty princess, didnt get much. put in another 5 drops

im still not getting much in the way of flavour.. or I am, but it's really really hard to define
    the smell though.. my room smells like honey.

added another 5 drops so 15 now.. theres a flavour there, but it's kinda... soapy

--edit
    20 dops now.. still kinda .. soapy or something. i dont know if im putting in too much or too little, this diy stuff is kind of a pain in the arse

---edit

maybe its the dirty neutral base im not liking.. getting kind of a similar vibe from 5ml DNB and 10 drops gold ducat]

----edit
    ok
    5ml DNB
    20 drops gold ducat
    10 drops morning rain

im not hating this, morning rain definitely does add a bit of TH to the juice as tommy2bad was saying in another thread. it's almost.. menthol, but not disgusting.

Advertisement