Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY e-liquid advice needed

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

perfumers apprentice stuff is meant to be incredibly concentrated
    ive seen people say they mix 10% into 0mg pg and then use that mix to mix into their nic juices

so like.. make 5ml of the 10% P.A. + 0mg pg stuff then 10ml 18mg nic juice + 60 drops or whatever of the 5ml 10% P.A. mix

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Stefan_Cork

yeah i may try that, it kinda hits my spot more and more as it matures/steeps.
    After initially put me off and had a strange exhale after taste.
    But now i used up my even 10ml sample, i got to mix more today.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

I tried the hot water bath that stevenmu referred to the other day with a few juices and found it worked really well. All my mixes will be getting a hot dip in future :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,764 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Yesterday I tried using Irish Whiskey instead of vodka to dilute VG with. I recalled there was a whiskey sample set of Greenore, Kilbeggan, Tyrconnell and Connemara sitting in a cupboard, so had a lash with the Greeonore.
    Wow.
    In combo with a Rum/Vanilla Cream/ DK tobacco mix it really lights up, the creamy taste combines with the whiskey notes really well. It's matured significantly in the past 24 hours - while it wasn't unpleasant, it had a whiff of floor polish about it when fresh.
    More experimenting needed :)
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I made up a batch of Inawera's Little Space Drop over the weekend. I'm very impressed with it, it's probably the closest I've tried to proper tobacco smoke, as opposed to the unburnt tobacco flavours many others go for. And it manages it without any ashtray-ness, it seems to just take the good part of the flavour without the bad stuff. The TH seems much more natural too, it feels like more of a burnt smoke TH compared to the peppery tickly TH I get with other tobacco juices.

The mix I used was:
    10ml PG base 28mg
    20ml VG 0mg
    2ml Little Space Drop flavouring.

• Advertisement

i dug out a load of the mixes I made a month or two ago and had a look at them.. vaped one or two of them

the flavour was a tiny bit improved but what was most striking for me was the colour changes. maybe two weeks isn't long enough to steep properly, some of these juices have gone bright red/orange/yellow... prettyh sure one even went green

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Mandyxxx

UK suppliers of Inawera:

4drops.co.uk

inawerashop.com

Prices seem to be similar to those in the Polish shop.
    Thinking of getting 100ml of VG Biobase 6mg and some flavorings and Im ready to go. Does this VG base need to be watered down by 10% or is it ready to use?

For the past few days I've done some simple DIY:

50% Dekang PG tobacco flavor 11mg (which is 75%pg and 25% Vg)

50% vg from Tesco

The end result works quite well in my Ego Vision. Must try 100% vg watered down) in the Vision before I order!

Think I will get some PG as well just in case.

Do you guys use protective clothing when using 50mg nicotine? Just curious!

Actually goods are despatched from Poland from these UK sites. Easier to read though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Mandyxxx wrote: »
    Does this VG base need to be watered down by 10% or is it ready to use?
    It's ready to use, but it takes slightly longer to wick or soak into a cartomiser (really only applies if you're a chain-vaper).
    Mandyxxx wrote: »
    Do you guys use protective clothing when using 50mg nicotine? Just curious!
    Nope, but gloves might be an idea if you've shaky hands.

Thanks Grindle. I have no intention of messing around with such high concentrations...yet!
    Wish one of the Irish vendors stocked the readymixed base.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

I wouldn't worry about handling 50mg nic, use a syringe to put 5ml in an empty bottle and put 5ml 0nic in with it. Now you have 10ml, 25mg nic to mess with.
    Easies.
    Oh and for all will get on your hands just wipe off with a babywipe or tissue.
    A bit harder when the bottle gets low but you can decant it into an old 30 ml bottle with a funnel thingy.
    100ml 50 mg mg will cut to;
    200ml 25 mg, (add 100ml 0nic.)
    400ml 12.5mg (add another 200ml 0nicto the above)
    800ml 6.2 mg. (add 400ml 0 nic again.)
    Your halving the nic by doubling the juice with 0nic. For in between percentages your on your own, my math ain't that good.
    At 3 euro for 0nic you can work out the savings yourself.

As tommy2bad shows, you can dump 100ml 50mg nic into a half-litre bottle with 300ml of base and have 400mls @ 12.5mg.

If you had tobacco flavours (or super concentrated flavours) mixed @ 5%, you'd be hitting less than 12mg in your mixed liquid, if you used "standard" (American, apparently) flavours @ 15-20%, you'd be between 10-11mg.

That's if you're definite that strength is for you though.
    Some mixes taste, or hit, better with slightly more nic, so you could rue the day you watered it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Stefan_Cork

i always use 52mg base too, and only use it when i make juice as thinning it down is no good for me
    because sometimes i need higher vg or more pg mixes, depends what my large family wants and nic strengths needed.
    in general 52mg base shouldnt be a problem if you work it in a calm place, i never use gloves tho.
    Safety glasses and gloves are recommended if your new to this and/or a bit shaky alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

Get a juice calculator such as this:
    http://ejuice.breaktru.com/

Very easy to use and you can fine tune the strength and flavour to your liking.

The tobacco flavours I've tried from Inawara have been good especially Gold Ducat though I didn't like any non-tobacco flavours I've got. I don't like their bottles (don't work well with needle caps) and how their pipettes work is a mystery to me.

I get my base here:
    http://www.cig-eliquid.co.uk/

His Ry4 is what I mostly use. €14 for 50mls will last for ages. One of the Irish sites (forget which) had base but when I went to order was sold out...pity as I'd like to order from Irish guys if possible. I think Bargain Vapour has some Inawara flavours.

I use 52mg base and have got some on my hands loads of times...just rinse under the tap and you're grand. Be careful not to get it in your eyes or rub your eyes and obviously don't get any in your mouth and I wouldn't do any mixing when kids or pets are about.

Thanks everyone. Plenty of good advice there. I'm going to take the plunge and order the nic base from ecigshop.eu. with some pg and vg, bottles etc. Hopefully next day delivery! The flavour range is limited but enough to get me started.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

Has anyone tried the Healthcabin RY4 concentrate?

I've heard a couple of people say it's lovely and then others say it's like tramps underpants.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Can anyone recommend a nice tobacco flavour from inawera? I need to beef up my DIY tobacco mint mix which I made too weak. I used clear base + tobacco base + natural mint, but got the measurements wrong, and it's too weak so there's no decent throat hit.

I've bought their "E-FLAVOUR TOBACCO "TOBACCO" - 10 ml." before, but it's not nice at all; there's a very odd taste from it.

I guess something USA mix / marlboro like would be good, but nothing too smokey or weird.

Is "American taste" or "Gold Ducat" any good?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I like the 'little space drop', it has a good Smokey flavour and a bit of bite to it. Its the only one I've tried though.

Little Space Drop, Tobacco C, Gold Ducat.
    All good, Tobaco C is stronger than LSD (just noticed that :)) and sorta USA mix'ish.
    Gold Ducat is sorts liqueur ish, fruity.
    All best in small ratios. 1 to 2 drops per ml.
    The tino of milano flavors are nice, well the Desert Ship is. Haven't tried the Camtel yet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Thanks for the tips, I'll try a few of them and see how I get on. The Gold Ducat doesn't sound like it's for me. Camel could be an option.

I just noticed that I've been using inawera.com not inaweraflavours.com - maybe I've been missing out on some options...

• Advertisement

pretty sure inawera.com is cheaper and has the same stuff

if you're looking for tobacco flavours have a look at some of the stuff on libertyflights

i mixed up a tiny bit of the ones I got and some of them were pretty nice, I just realised I didnt have the patience to mix my own so gave up on it.

Inawera.com has no minimum spend and dosn't carry the new milano ones, theirs only 4 or so anyway so no biggy.
    Inawera flavours is easier to navigate. 20 euro minimum order. Much of a muchness price wise.

Cheers - I might just get a few samples from inawera and see how that goes and maybe do a bigger order from one or the other after. I'm not forking out 20 quid to experiment with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

I had more or less given up on making my own eliquid due to not getting the same enjoyment out of the juices I was making myself.

However last week I came across a vendor in Denmark who sells Pink Spot Vapor concentrates and I couldn't resist trying them as I had kept reading good things about Pink Spot Vapor Swagger flavour.

I ordered some swagger and RY8 flavour concentrate and mixed them as recommended to a 60%PG/40%VG ratio and 20%flavour concentrate.
    The result after only a day steeping is 2 of the tastiest flavours I have tried to date and I will definitely be going back for more.

It works out at €4.30 for enough concentrate to make 25mls of eliquid so I'd roughly estimate it costs approx €8 including the nicotine base to make a 25ml bottle with VG etc, so its not the cheapest eliquid to make but I would highly recommend the two flavours I've tried to anyone that likes RY4 type flavours.

Here's the link Its a .co.uk website address for some reason or other but they are based in Denmark. I ordered from them on Wednesday and I had it on Friday as well so super fast shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Clicked on Cloud9 vaping and they're closed for a while but they do have a calculator for mixing http://www.c9v-forum.com/Resources/Calc/calc.htm

seems pretty straightforward if you know the % of concentrated flavours you're going to be using.

And following on from newmarks chocolate caramel, depending on how that turns out i might add some peanut flavouring to make snickers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 luukazz

Hello.... Need some advice, from some vape guru.. ;)

I Have inawera 0% bases 1000ml bottle VG (Glicerina Farmaceutical 99,5 %) AND PG (Glikol 1,2 Propyleno 99,3%).... I would want to make VPG powersmoke Base with 0% nic, cuz ihave 169 different tast e-aromafluids and just wanna make VPG test fluid that dont have precious nicotine within.. i would like to make 50/50 + 70/30 + 60/25/5 distilled water... But the 50/50 solution is the nro.1..

50/50 sounds so easy... OR is it? You tell me those 1000ml bottles are same size (doh.;) of course), but the VG (gliserin) is more consentrated than PG and it is allmost like syrup, goo or paste.. So what to do?

Mixing 50/50 by the millilitre is fine, it's the traditional way of doing things. People who measure by weight are doing it either as an experiment, to be exact in an OCD way, or they may lie somewhere on the autistic spectrum.

Make sure all those flavours are vape-safe. No essential oils or anything stupid like that.

The VG is gloopy by nature, if you have a runny vg then it's been diluted with water or alcohol. Once you mix the pg and vg at 50/50 it'll be fine. Warm it a little in a hot water bath (dunk it in a glass of warm water for a few minutes) to get it to blend evenly. No need to mix the whole lot at the one time mix 50ml and use that in 5ml tests.

Also better to add the flavour in increments than trying to dilute a mix that's too strong with the base. drop by drop until you have something acceptable. Oh and allow for steeping which basically means that flavours improve and get more pronounced with time, anything from a few days to weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Can anyone recommend anywhere that does decently gauged needles, the ones I have from the pharmacy are a nightmare to use, they are too small, and it makes mixing very messy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,764 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend anywhere that does decently gauged needles, the ones I have from the pharmacy are a nightmare to use, they are too small, and it makes mixing very messy.
    Farmers' Co-ops have veterinary needles that are much thicker.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Advertisement